Home

Explanation of sliders

This is a discussion on Explanation of sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Explanation of sliders

Does anyone know which way to move the slider to increase/decrease the setting for pass reaction time and pass coverage? I can't believe they don't have anything in game to let us know which way does what.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Explanation of sliders

I don't think the developers even know what they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Does anyone know which way to move the slider to increase/decrease the setting for pass reaction time and pass coverage? I can't believe they don't have anything in game to let us know which way does what.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

I use the INT slider with D Holding and Pass Int penalty to tighten or loosen coverage...I don't touch either pass slider.

Last edited by greed8819; 10-18-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I use the INT slider with D Holding and Pass Int penalty to tighten or loosen coverage...I don't touch either pass slider.
Holding and PI change the actual pass coverage? WTF is going on around here haha?
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 10-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Holding and PI change the actual pass coverage? WTF is going on around here haha?
Lol yea man penalties more so change gameplay. There's certain penalties that never get called, even when u have them set at 100. These sliders effect gameplay more to me. Defensive holding and defensive p.i. both effect how tight or loose the coverage is around the field. Also the interception slider helps w reaction to the ball in the air. So you'll see more pass breakups not just interceptions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I actually play with the number value penalties on zero except dholding at 50 and the on/off penalties on. Gameplay is more organic, less scripting imo. It's not sucking you into an animation.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-19-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can use the penalty sliders to get a good base and then just use the human/cpu sliders to fine tune things.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »