Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #209
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Tyreeks success isn't just about his speed though. In real life he may win most of his matchups because of his speed but the ones he does not win are because of the way he is defended. If we create a speed threshold that gave tyreek a 3 or 4 step lead on the fastest defensive back, like real life, he would get a 75 yard touchdown reception every 3 passes. Maddens coverage logic is just not that good to keep it realistic.
I played 25+ games with a 20 speed threshold. I used Tyreeks matchup film against Ramsey as a reference to gauge speed difference between tyreek and ramseys speed ratings.
25 plus games of Chiefs against Jacksonville week 1 franchise. Tyreek had a 30+ average reception from the tests, that is with Jalen Ramsey guarding him, who in real life shut him down. With a closer speed threshold, the speed doesn't POP out at you, but when tyreek beats ramsey on press coverage in the game you will notice he is open and if you pass it to him and he catches it with a 3 step lead you will be rewarded.
I 100% agree with everything said here. If you watch Tyreek play , it's not just his speed and agility that makes him good. He is a phenomenal catcher as well. His hands are great. I promise if you have the threshold at 50 he will not always be 3 steps ahead. This game is ALL based on ratings. If Tyreek Hill is guarded by a 78 OVR CB then he will most likely have a good game. But we saw last year , Jalen Ramsey and the Jax defensive held Tyreek to 61 YARDS no TD. BUT if you look at the next week he recorded 140 yards and 3 TDs. He was mainly covered by Devin McCourty. Now with respect , Devin is good but he is not Jalen Ramsey. My point is , the reason Madden has sliders is to make the game play at your level. Sliders are based on your level of experience. These sliders might be impossible for someone else. But they might be perfect for the next guy. Matt10 is my favorite slider creator bcuz the explanation he puts in his sliders. You can change the parity to 85 and still have a realistic gameplay. I try not to change everything around and jumble up the game. I try to leave it as close as possible to what they have given us because thats where the best animations and logic come from. If you start changing every slider around you will see an oddly animated game with janky movements. If you play default on any difficulty that's when the game plays the smoothest. That's undeniable. Madden makes the game and ratings realistic based on their stand point. But they dont release the game knowing the gameplay will be realistic down the percentages and statistic. They release the game based on how well you play it and what your skill level is. The speed , agility , acc , elusiveness and so much more what created and perfected on 50 threshold. You start changing that number around you will have to change other sliders to fit that 85 threshold. Like I said , the more you start moving stuff around the worse the game will play. The game will play good and you might get real stats. But the gameplay will be way better and smoother on default. I really like coverstations about this kinda stuff. Give me your feedback!!
Old 08-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #210
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming version 6 All-Madden Cardinals vs Lions http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar
Old 08-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #211
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

I just finished a game with the Chiefs v Jaguars. This is how the game went using my sliders I listed before . Now before i post the stats let's take a look at the teams. Jaguars defense is no joke. Not only is their secondary great but their D line is very good as well. I knew going into the game i would not throw for 400 like Mahomes did against the Rams. Now the Chiefs , Best Offensive in the league with possibly the worst defense. I think they got better over the off season but they are still missing a lot of pieces. The Jags offense is average at best. Foles has never been a good starting QB. He has only exceeded when coming off the bench as an eagle. Now , Nick Foles is still a good QB. He might not be Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck but he is good enough to win some games.

STATS

Mahomes - 22/35 266 YRDS / 2 TDS / 1 INT / 7.6 YPP / Sacked 3 times
62% Completion ( This is what I expected , Mahomes is top tier but the Jags defense is top tier as well )

Foles - 26/45 264 YRDS / 1 TD / 2 INT / 5.8 YPP / Sacked 5 Times / 57% Completion ( The Chiefs defense is not elite but neither is Foles, this game is based on OVR and his OVR is low. If Foles would have threw for over 350 and 3 TDs that would have been bogus. The Jags do not have a star receiver as of right now)

D.Williams - 12 attempts / 50 YRDS / 4.1 AVG
( Chiefs are not a rushing team , they are a passing team. But 4.1 yards per run is still good. Especially coming from D. William's who in my opinion has great potential, maybe not Kareem hunt but he looked GREAT at the end of the year last year.

Fournette - 17 attempts / 81 YRDS / 4.7 AVG ( Fournette is probably the best offensive player on this team. 4.7 AVG a carry is great. That's what I expect from fournette every game.)

Mahomes also had 5 scrambles for 50 YRDS and 1 TD. I felt like i was having to get outta the pocket alot because Cambell and others chased me down the whole game. That's with pass blocking at 75

T.Kelce - 8 Rec / 99 YRDS ( It was easier to go to Kelce, the lower ovr Linebackers guarded him)

S.Watkins - 5 Rec / 86 YRDS ( Watkins had 2 GREAT catches. I did not expect him to pull them down , of course they were on bouye.)

T.Hill - 4 Rec / 20 YRDS / 2 TDS ( I literally cannot put in words the way Ramsey shut down tyreek. EVERY TIME I threw the ball to Tyreek it would hit his hands then either Ramsey would hit it out or he would hit me so hard Tyreek would drop it. I only threw to Tyreek 4 times because Ramsey covered him 85% of the game. I'm trying to win here , no get Hill over 100 YRDS. Ramsey dominated Tyreek the WHOLE game. I even tried to throw to Tyreek deep who had a step on Ramsey and Tyreek went up and caught in then before he could land back on his feet Ramsey literally jumped over him and swatted the ball right out his hands. Either way he still had to 2 TDS , i was 5 yards from the Endzone on both of those.)

Jalen Ramsey - 6 tackles / 1 TFL / 4 Pass Deflections / 1 Forced Fumble ( You have to agree that's a phenomenal game by Ramsey. All 4 Deflections where on Tyreek. Also a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He led the whole team in tackles. That is what I expect from a top 3 CB )

I'm not listing every player only the main ones. Those stats are perfect in my opinion. Every NFl game is different. Its all based on how good the teams are and what the teams are good at doing. The jags have good defense , they showed that in this game. The chiefs have great offense , they still showed that in this game but minimalized because of the great Jags defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #212
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoLall
I 100% agree with everything said here. If you watch Tyreek play , it's not just his speed and agility that makes him good. He is a phenomenal catcher as well. His hands are great. I promise if you have the threshold at 50 he will not always be 3 steps ahead. This game is ALL based on ratings. If Tyreek Hill is guarded by a 78 OVR CB then he will most likely have a good game. But we saw last year , Jalen Ramsey and the Jax defensive held Tyreek to 61 YARDS no TD. BUT if you look at the next week he recorded 140 yards and 3 TDs. He was mainly covered by Devin McCourty. Now with respect , Devin is good but he is not Jalen Ramsey. My point is , the reason Madden has sliders is to make the game play at your level. Sliders are based on your level of experience. These sliders might be impossible for someone else. But they might be perfect for the next guy. Matt10 is my favorite slider creator bcuz the explanation he puts in his sliders. You can change the parity to 85 and still have a realistic gameplay. I try not to change everything around and jumble up the game. I try to leave it as close as possible to what they have given us because thats where the best animations and logic come from. If you start changing every slider around you will see an oddly animated game with janky movements. If you play default on any difficulty that's when the game plays the smoothest. That's undeniable. Madden makes the game and ratings realistic based on their stand point. But they dont release the game knowing the gameplay will be realistic down the percentages and statistic. They release the game based on how well you play it and what your skill level is. The speed , agility , acc , elusiveness and so much more what created and perfected on 50 threshold. You start changing that number around you will have to change other sliders to fit that 85 threshold. Like I said , the more you start moving stuff around the worse the game will play. The game will play good and you might get real stats. But the gameplay will be way better and smoother on default. I really like coverstations about this kinda stuff. Give me your feedback!!
I appreciate the kind words, man. However, if Madden had some things realistic from the start, then there wouldn't be a need to create sliders.

Please, if you don't mind, create a new thread with your realistic sliders. It seems you've done your research and stats to back those up. Unfortunately, this isn't the way to do it in my thread that is obviously different than your approach.

Like you said, what works for one, may not work for another. That's the beauty of sliders because nothing is fact, it is down to individual's perception. Everyone has their own, and what better way to get that out there than starting a new thread?

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #213
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I appreciate the kind words, man. However, if Madden had some things realistic from the start, then there wouldn't be a need to create sliders.

Please, if you don't mind, create a new thread with your realistic sliders. It seems you've done your research and stats to back those up. Unfortunately, this isn't the way to do it in my thread that is obviously different than your approach.

Like you said, what works for one, may not work for another. That's the beauty of sliders because nothing is fact, it is down to individual's perception. Everyone has their own, and what better way to get that out there than starting a new thread?

Thanks!
I really appreciate your time and effort put into the sliders you create! It takes a great mind to really understand all aspects of this game , which can get very confusing and frustrating. Thanks Matt!
Old 08-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #214
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Just had my best game of Madden 20, there were a total of 3 bad plays everything else played great.

I played as Minnesota against gb 15 minute game 17 sec acc clock

GB Darnold 38-52 355 1 td 1 int, int came from a Jaylon Smith, dropped in coverage and got a pick on an inaccurate slant/ not usering anyone but dl. 52 passes was solely due to a 20 point deficit going into 4th quarter.

Min Wilson 20-30 235 0 tds 0 ints
User passing was solid, no complaints

Cpu ran it 15 times after starter DJ got hurt first play. Totaled 58 yards. Cpu had 1 fumble came on a big hit from my linebacker on their wr so nothing unrealistic there. Only issue here was DeAndre Washington had a 19 yard run where he was dead to rights by Barnett and this 5-8 man just through Barnett down lol

Min Saquon 33 carries 137 yards 5 tds. I tied a record but it made sense, every drive I scored we ended up within the 10 yard line and fed him the ball. Loved the running game as i actually struggled for most of the game averaging less than 3 yards till i started to wear them down. I had 1 fumble came on a dumb scramble in the pocket with Wilson where i went to throw it and it just fell out of his hands mid hit.

Saw some great animations in receiver/ db game. Only real issue here was a play where Trae Waynes saw the ball thrown and instead of attacking it he just kept back pedaling until it was too late and JuJu just caught an easy ball.

I allowed 4 sacks 3 from Danielle Hunter, 1 on a screen that didnt develop and two while i was getting a feel for the offense early on. Adrian Clayborn got 1 where i just manuevered into him in the pocket.

I managed 2 sacks both came on users with Suh vs a very weak rg. Feels like most user pressure comes from me usering but o dont really have any concerns here.

Last play ill talk about was the first of the game, Trent Taylor took a kick 102 yards, great ball carrier vision was on display and he juked about 4 guys. Only problem i had was really just madden animations. Guy was surrouned by 4 vikings but only 2 could be in the animation and he broke right caused my two non animation guys to get tripped up. Just looked kinda strange when a tiny wr just escapes when in the clutches of 4 big dudes.

From what i recall there was 1 or 2 facemasks both came after a juke was made and the facemask got caught by an outstretched hand.

Ended up winning 41-31 148 plays were run, going to try 1 more game at this time point to see how it goes if i dont have a huge lead and cpu doesnt have to pass their way out of a hole.

Will say my favorite thing was that this team played way different than the Falcons did. Darnold and Mayfield felt like different dudes and it wasnt just accuracy. Darnold was in the pocket and seemed composed. While Mayfield seemed antsy and moved more.

Only genuine issue at this point is i do feel like the cpu will kindof turn it on when you get a good enough lead but i think thats just the all madden kicking in.

Edit, only penaly outside of the pacemasks was a false sgart by cpu right after they got set. I didnt see anyone move so i feel like this might be a glitch???

Also that no kick meter thing gets old quick

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Gophers
Gators
Yankees

Last edited by kingcrf; 08-05-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #215
Rookie

Looking to use rhe sliding just have 1 question... on page 1 is that the most recent update to them and the ones to use? Kinda new here .. thanks

Sent from my SM-G965W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #216
Rookie

Possibly just played my best game of Madden ever.

Down 24-0 to Browns after 2 pick 6's from EZ to EZ and Baker on fire.
Get it back to 31-31 and pick Baker off with 3 mins to go. Drive ball to the 20 to discover... YUP NO KICK METER!

FG attempt ends up in Cincinnatti somewhere. OT

Win toss, get picked off on a deflection giving CLE ball at the 25.
FD pass negated by holding PEN to 35. Baker hit on 1-20, sacked on 2nd to 42 and picked off under pressure by Reshad Jones at the 25.

This time I drove the ball down their throats, Rosen breaking the NFL single game yardage record, and Ballage scored his 3rd TD of the game on Power, earning Star Dev trait in the process.

Who needs kicking meters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »