Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #273
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
What do you mean by manually stepping into your throws, exactly?

Enjoying these sliders, but I, too, have trouble completing wide open throws sometimes.
Moving the left analog stick up so the quarterback is stepping, then passing. Don't hold the up button too long during/after the pass or they'll have chance to overthrow it.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #274
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Moving the left analog stick up so the quarterback is stepping, then passing. Don't hold the up button too long during/after the pass or they'll have chance to overthrow it.
To piggy back on this. This is a must. It really helps to plant your feet and step into the throw just like real life. Only a few qbs can pass well on the run.

I often try to plant a solid base while on the run to get accurate passes. Ive noticed this is been a big thing no one talks about.

You cant just throw the ball around and expect the accuracy slider to do all the work. There is stick skills involved while playing qb.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #275
Rookie

Question about pass coverage. Is putting coverage at 25 make the defenders more or less aware than say having it at 30?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #276
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Thanks for these sliders! I was getting All-pro sliders to be a bit more of a challenge but is always felt forced. These feel very good and have even produced a couple of good preseason games. My run game hasn't been easy and the CPU has had a decent run game too.

I moved the bills to San Diego and dumped off most of the older players and Josh Allen. My new rookie QB is either an xfactor or Superstar so I can't wait to have his abilities unlocked. I also ended up with a beast of a star guard in the second round. My QB is only a 71 and preseason has been tough. I was planning to be a run heavy team with Kareem Hunt but he is going to miss 5 weeks so I might need to rely on him a little more. Bobby Wagner crushed him.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #277
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
To piggy back on this. This is a must. It really helps to plant your feet and step into the throw just like real life. Only a few qbs can pass well on the run.

I often try to plant a solid base while on the run to get accurate passes. Ive noticed this is been a big thing no one talks about.

You cant just throw the ball around and expect the accuracy slider to do all the work. There is stick skills involved while playing qb.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, well explained, man. I think it just adds a bit more of a dimension to the passing game. Madden does well in representing this as well via the animations, and it's important the impact of the ball is felt as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof189
Question about pass coverage. Is putting coverage at 25 make the defenders more or less aware than say having it at 30?

If you lower PCV, they will be less aware, basically hesitating a bit more in turning directions. Worst is in the redzone where they will keep looking backwards even though the receiver has already made a move away from them, or back to the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
Thanks for these sliders! I was getting All-pro sliders to be a bit more of a challenge but is always felt forced. These feel very good and have even produced a couple of good preseason games. My run game hasn't been easy and the CPU has had a decent run game too.

I moved the bills to San Diego and dumped off most of the older players and Josh Allen. My new rookie QB is either an xfactor or Superstar so I can't wait to have his abilities unlocked. I also ended up with a beast of a star guard in the second round. My QB is only a 71 and preseason has been tough. I was planning to be a run heavy team with Kareem Hunt but he is going to miss 5 weeks so I might need to rely on him a little more. Bobby Wagner crushed him.
Sounds like a great idea for a franchise. Kareem Hunt is a beast, hope you truck some guys over. Was still a shame that we (KC) had to part ways with him.

I'm learning as I go with AP. It's just not got as much "killer instinct" that AM has. However, with the QB dropback glitch, it really doesn't matter that much. Think the current set should transition nicely to AP, just need to make some slight adjustments to QBA and WRC I think.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #278
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Do 9 minute quarters with no accelerated clock still provide an appropriate amount of plays per game to line up with the rest of the league?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #279
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Hey Matt I’ve been playing your set. It’s great. Challenging but fun. If I had to mention something that really stands out though it’s that I haven’t thrown an INT or had an INT in 4 games. Plenty of opportunities too they’ve just been dropped

Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #280
Rookie

Tempest's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, well explained, man. I think it just adds a bit more of a dimension to the passing game. Madden does well in representing this as well via the animations, and it's important the impact of the ball is felt as well.

If you lower PCV, they will be less aware, basically hesitating a bit more in turning directions. Worst is in the redzone where they will keep looking backwards even though the receiver has already made a move away from them, or back to the ball.

Sounds like a great idea for a franchise. Kareem Hunt is a beast, hope you truck some guys over. Was still a shame that we (KC) had to part ways with him.

I'm learning as I go with AP. It's just not got as much "killer instinct" that AM has. However, with the QB dropback glitch, it really doesn't matter that much. Think the current set should transition nicely to AP, just need to make some slight adjustments to QBA and WRC I think.
I've been using your sliders for AP, as I'm not that good at Madden! What specific values would you make to QBA and WRC? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »