Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #1465
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

On all pro I dropped user tackling by 2 and upped holding by 5 and I’m actually getting gashed by marlon Mack and the colts. It’s great lol. I’d much rather this than the Cpu getting 35 yards a game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #1466
Rookie

Tusehem's Arena

That bump up to offensive holding tone down the cpu run a bit. Perfect! My guys are now getting off the block better. Thanks Matt!
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #1467
Just started!

Love the newest version, my only issue with the last few versions has been the other team doesnt run the ball often enough at all. I'm getting 30 pass attempts in the first half against everyone I play. Is that a slider issue or something else entirely. Great work though, keep it up.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #1468
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidWOLF
Love the newest version, my only issue with the last few versions has been the other team doesnt run the ball often enough at all. I'm getting 30 pass attempts in the first half against everyone I play. Is that a slider issue or something else entirely. Great work though, keep it up.
Its a madden issue. The game is pass heavy from the ai this year. I know its been brought up to the developers. Im not sure if its on a hit list of theirs to look at. Really nothing we can do here.

But if u look at last nights game. Bears 45 pass attemps to 13 rushes.

Gb. 30 pass attemps to 22 rushes.

The new nfl is pass heavy and madden has tuned it that way. You wont see a consistent run game from the ai. At least I haven't

Last few games cpu rushing attempts ive had 13 min quarter 12 run off. 11, 22, 12, 13.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #1469
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

=================================
Slider Update Log
=================================

9/6/19: Good evening, everyone. Glad to see feedback of Version 19 is positive, and the welcome of QBA at 50 has made a difference to the way the game is enjoyed overall.

One more area here is to get the run game back to the dynamic OL/DL play that was seen in the final version (pre-patch). The main issue with this patch update has been the overdone animations of the offensive line, primarily making a small push, then running upfield immediately. The value to be modified here is False Start back to 70. The reason for this is that it prepares the O-Line to be just slightly out of sync with eachother, but not in a bad way. This way you do not get all of the same animations at once from the offensive line. You can have one guard going low against a block, or another dropping back further, and another simply pushing forward.

The last value, which I completely forgot to add originally in this post, was a slight difference of TAK for All-Pro set. That value changes from 50 to 52. This is simply to get better pursuit (without having to touch RTP again) and sure tackling to help the CPU run defense. Should not affect any of the other areas such as bigger hits, etc, so don't worry about that.

Other than that, no other changes. The set is right where I am wanting it.

Enjoy...Version 20!

Tackling: 50/50 | 50/52
• Raised tackling for both AM and AP because the RTP penalty slider is back to 50 as it was making the angles taken pretty sharp and right into the thick of the trenches - usually picked up by a block, resulting in very big gains on the ground too often. Tackling raised will help the pursuit angles on their own, and of course, the quality of tackles. I like this patch update because seeing much more gang-tackling than before. Really feels like a team effort on big stops. Note, you will still see hit-sticks by those who can perform those moves. No matter what threshold, the animation looks just as bad as it has since ootb, so just something we'll have to deal with.

• All-Pro: Slight difference of TAK for All-Pro set. That value changes from 50 to 52. This is simply to get better pursuit (without having to touch RTP again) and sure tackling to help the CPU run defense. Should not affect any of the other areas such as bigger hits, etc, so don't worry about that.

False Start: 70 (previous: 50)
• The primary focus here is to re-establish the dynamic OL/DL interactions. The patch update limited a lot of the same animations to stand straight up and push forward. The reason for this change is to prepare the O-Line to be just slightly out of sync with eachother, but not in a bad way. This way you do not get all of the same animations at once from the offensive line. You can have one guard going low against a block, or another dropping back further, and another simply pushing forward.

VERSION 20 - Game Settings

Very Important.

As a good practice, please make sure the values in the CFM are the same as they are in the Main Menu. This includes Difficulty level especially. I believe the CPU perceives the USER by the difficulty value they have set in the Main Menu as well as the Franchise. So if you are seeing a lot of Robo QB, make sure you're not set to All Pro in Main Menu, and All Madden in Franchise.

My recommendation is to modify the settings in the Main Menu exactly as posted, then go ahead and use the Import Custom Sliders in the Franchise (CFM > Settings > Gameplay Sliders > Import Custom Sliders).

This way, there is no discrepancy between the two. I have tested this with having a discrepancy and a lot of the poor coverage animations occur, but also the slider values do not seem to carry over the same amount of impact.

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set.

Skill Level: All-Madden | All-Pro

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 13 minutes
• Recently raised this for myself, and am enjoying the time I have to see it play out. The majority of who I watch also use higher minutes, so it will be good to remain in-sync. Again, it's personal preference, so feel free to use what you'd like. Obviously more minutes, more plays, so please consider that when choosing your value.

Accelerated Clock: On, 15 secs
• This is new to me because I've always preferred to have Accel Clock on, but most recently it's been a nice change. I spend less time in picking out plays, and just let the suggestions take over. Personal preference of course!

Superstar Abilities: On
• Initially, I was skeptical of this new feature. Pre-patch, I wasn't surprised that there were issues of course. But post-patch, it's been exceptional. Seeing much less overpowering of the abilities, while still needing to gameplan around them.

Gameplay Helpers

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On (this is on by default, so I've left it on, can say it doesn't make a difference in terms of attempting to isolate the poor coverage animations).

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 50
• This value is set to 10 as default in the Main Menu settings, yet when you start a Franchise it goes to 50. I've decided to leave it at 50, and I do not regret it. Have seen realistic injuries by not only the usual suspects, but also offensive and defensive lineman, linebackers and defensive backs. Length of time has varied as well. Definitely a keeper.

Fatigue: 52
• I really like Fatigue and all that it can do to tighten up the game. It slows down animations and you can really feel the fatigue set in for players. The nice thing is that at 52, versus 50, it is recognized that a player needs to sub out. This will help in reducing turnovers and injuries as a result. When there are injuries, it does happen to a variety of positions as well. In addition to the off-the-ball values, it also puts an emphasis to manage the game for both the User and CPU, such as choosing to run instead of pass and vice-versa.

Speed Disparity Scale: 80
• This has been more so a force because of the coverage in Madden 20 by default. I do, however, like that the value is respected and there is still evidence of speed differences in the game. Running backs outrun linebackers, receivers still go deep.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10_v20" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10_v20" (pending, tbd)

QB Accuracy: 50/50
• As mentioned, the QBA value at 50 has brought another dimension to the set, and other values have been compensated to adjust. The nice thing here is it now brings the All-Madden and All-Pro set exactly the same. The QB will throw all types of throws that are within his arsenal. It presents a challenge, but it also presents some variety that makes it much less mundane than the dink and dunk that happens on lower QBA values.

Pass Blocking: 50/50
• This is the value that keeps everything with the pass game in sync. I had used it incorrectly at under 50 thinking I was just going to force pressure, thus force the CPU to make bad passes. Doesn't work that way. They will always find a way, and in most cases, it's short dump offs or quick routes to receivers. Eventually you start feeling like every game will be the same, and being nickel and dimed will get old. This is a much better set up, and there is still plenty of pressure, relative to the rating matchups of the OL/DL. An added bonus is the effectiveness of RPOs for the CPU as well.

WR Catch: 48/48
• The coverage has improved quite a bit, so the receivers need to make plays. Nothing outrageous, but still when they get their hands on the ball, there needs to be a chance of keeping hold of it. It got a bit too common at 45 that the ball was dropped on contested catches. A slight bump to 48 makes elite receivers (and tight ends) still stand out as they should, but gives a chance for anyone to make a play.

Run Blocking: 50/50
• For the first time in a while, the CPU runs so well out of the box. It's not just the CPU RB's, it's the defensive backs, and even linebackers. The awareness is out of this world - and a joy to see (even if I've coughed up the football), so I've really not made any changes here.

Fumbles: 50/50
• Dropped this back down to allow a bit more emphasis in making plays again. It's not to say, or confirm, that skill moves are back this patch update, but more so to allow that to have a chance of happening. The fumbles are toned down, the hit sticks are toned down, but there always needs to be a chance the football can be lost, or a player can create their own identity in tight, or open, spaces.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 62/52
• Bumped this up because the user is a bit behind regardless compared to the CPU. This happens on both All-Madden and All-Pro. The modification to offside will help put players into position to make plays onto the ball, but other values such as WR Catch and Def PI will affect their decision making to prevent big yards.

Interceptions: 42/42
• Just dropped a tad because the coverage, again, is better, so the tendency to go for picks is greater. Still have to be careful throwing into traffic or deep against a good corner/safety.

Pass Coverage: 50/50
• This value really does not do too much at all. Other values within the set make up for the lack of work this one does.

Tackling: 50/50 | 50/52
• Raised tackling for both AM and AP because the RTP penalty slider is back to 50 as it was making the angles taken pretty sharp and right into the thick of the trenches - usually picked up by a block, resulting in very big gains on the ground too often. Tackling raised will help the pursuit angles on their own, and of course, the quality of tackles. I like this patch update because seeing much more gang-tackling than before. Really feels like a team effort on big stops. Note, you will still see hit-sticks by those who can perform those moves. No matter what threshold, the animation looks just as bad as it has since ootb, so just something we'll have to deal with.

• All-Pro: Slight difference of TAK for All-Pro set. That value changes from 50 to 52. This is simply to get better pursuit (without having to touch RTP again) and sure tackling to help the CPU run defense. Should not affect any of the other areas such as bigger hits, etc, so don't worry about that.

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
• They've got the power of the field goals on point, but it's another year of Madden devs misunderstanding how us kickers need HEIGHT on most of our kicks. 99% of NFL kickers can kick the ball well above or in-line with the highest point of the goal posts from 35-45 yards out. Yet, in Madden, they reach mid-height instead. /rant

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• With great power comes great responsibility, and the kicker should feel that pressure no matter how far the kick is.

Punt Power: 44/44
• Dropped down just a couple notches to allow the punt returner some chance to actually return the ball.

Punt Accuracy: 50/50
• Slight bump here just to get a better handle on the punts more true to the players value. Often times I've seen some of the worst punters still be able to bounce the ball back. In addition, the CPU would kick the ball through the endzone too often, thus skewing what they are really capable of.

Kickoff Power: 50/50
• No changes here. It's just about right, with plenty of variety when the wind blows.

Penalties

• Penalties affect gameplay. There is no way around that. That is what I have found. The concept of penalties affecting gameplay is simply for behavioral elements. It has layers to it though:

- Penalties raised = chance of value being called and animation increased
- Penalties raised = chance of player not wanting to be called on
- Penalties lowered = chance of value not being called and animation increased
- Penalties lowered = chance of player not caring because chances are it will not be called
What you have now is the concept of the reactions from those values being raised or lowered. For every action, there is a reaction, right? That is how the penalty sliders play a role in gameplay, and I've explained the ones I'm adjusting to make for a better experience.

Offside: 99
• Back and forth with this value, but this was a worthy change relative to the adjustments made to the gameplay. With players more in-sync to the QBA, the positioning on reacting to routes is in a much better spot. It's not to say receivers won't have the advantage, but it will feel like different routes are being covered due to the variety of throws that occur. Pair that up with the fatigue value and you get some really nice interactions overall.

False Start: 70 (previous: 50)
• The primary focus here is to re-establish the dynamic OL/DL interactions. The patch update limited a lot of the same animations to stand straight up and push forward. The reason for this change is to prepare the O-Line to be just slightly out of sync with eachother, but not in a bad way. This way you do not get all of the same animations at once from the offensive line. You can have one guard going low against a block, or another dropping back further, and another simply pushing forward.

Offensive Holding: 70
• I tried to go as low as I could without losing the push of the offensive line and blocks being shed in adequate spots. Reducing RBL and PBL is not an option as it destroys the basic understanding of how to block, and really hurts the true offense. One would think modifying those values results in more linear outcomes, but it actually has better chance of getting skewed (QB releases ball quicker, more completions; offensive line warping, etc). So, with all that said, I've managed to get holding down so it's not called as much as it was on 80, but it is still called (it's part of the game) that can make or break things.

Defensive Pass Interference: 80
• I wanted some defensive pass interference and controversy. It's very common to see this, and I love the idea of how DPI can make or break momentum. So I've really raised it high enough to the point the animation appears, and the DPI will get called on occasion. I have seen it as well where the animation appears, but the ball can't be caught, so the foul isn't called.

Block in the Back: 55
• I started to see this animation more often, it wasn't being called though. It was so obvious, especially by receivers and TE's when the OL was overpowering upfield. This was tested on default and various thresholds/fatigues. Bumping this one will ensure the penalty is called when it happens. It's not called too often with this simple bump either, but it is enough to make the difference of a big gain or drive killer.

*Note about Ineligible Receiver Downfield*
Leave this value imported "as is", and do not worry about changing it to "On" for the in-game pause menu as previously suggested. It has very little to do with anything, and somehow it still gets called. A definite strange one overall. I am not going to adjust it, so can't recommend to do anything with it other than leave it alone.

All Other Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON

Last edited by Matt10; 09-06-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:02 PM   #1470
Rookie

After starting like 20 CFM Im ready to call this one the definitive one.
V20 sliders here we go.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #1471
Rookie

Tusehem's Arena

Live

https://mixer.com/Slipperywings44
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #1472
Rookie

Matt,
Do you have auto sub values or is it default?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »