Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #2817
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

I find that calling HB five from singleback ace is unfairly effective. Even with an average to below average o line and RB I average 5.8 yards calling that play according to my playbook

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #2818
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I would disagree with this. Much of the run struggles I’ve seen come from absolutely terrible blocking schemes and insta sheds regardless of the ratings of the OL and DL interacting with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can disagree. It’s your experience. I have great success running the ball. And that’s with 5 different backs. Highest one is rated 83 and the lowest started the season at 62. I even lost my top two backs for five weeks and was still able to rush the ball with effectiveness.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #2819
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I find that calling HB five from singleback ace is unfairly effective. Even with an average to below average o line and RB I average 5.8 yards calling that play according to my playbook

I haven’t used that run. I can zone run with just about any back behind an average OL.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:11 PM   #2820
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
About 90% of the run plays I call are blocked very incorrectly. Inside zones frequently do not block linebackers, on power plays pulling guards often run wide rather than turning up in the hole, it’s an eyesore for someone looking for realism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not seeing that on zone blocking at all. I routinely see my guards hitting LBs. How fast are you hitting the hole? Are you sliding your run protection from one side to the other? I slide my protection at least half the time. The only time I don’t is when I know I have a hat on each of the hats in front of me.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #2821
Rookie

Tusehem's Arena

What controls the aggressiveness of the DBS? Cpu throws so many picks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2019, 12:20 AM   #2822
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirespieler
Looks like I didn’t save it, but essentially it was a pick play, TE ran into a defender and it got called OPI.

Matt I see the coverage issues in press and cushion both, but it’s early separation in cushion and late in press if that makes sense. There’s just a bit of latency there and it creates more separation than before, defenders just seem a little bit out of sync and it’s noticeable to me because it was nearly perfect previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCats315
I can agree with the recent comments about separation. Feel like the animations are great but I have see it more on cushion coverage for sure. Playing most recent version All-Pro. Have seen a lot of slant routes where there is 3-5 yards of separation at the time of the catch and the WR just takes off straight down the field, no chance to be tackled.
Thanks for confirming. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyiswhack
Great set of sliders man thanks for all the hard work. I find it very difficult to run on these sliders though. My OL is elite and my RB is very good but I'm getting stuffed at the LOS on 95% of runs. Did the new patch make running harder? How would u suggest I adjust the sliders to make running easier? Should I just raise my run blocking?
Yeah, raise RBL would be a start. Or lower CPU TAK to 49 - go from there.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:53 AM   #2823
Rookie

Hey matt. Been using different sliders and testing them for 1 whole season. Im on yr3 and currently testing yours. I've been having problems with dropped catches. Usually due to the catching animation where the WR jumps in the air and a defender hits him as he is about to catch the ball. Actually seeing a lot of this animation, maybe 4-5 times per game. This didn't happen as often in the other slider sets I've tried. Is there a slider i could adjust to make this happen less often? Or is this because of tthe type of pass i make?

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:20 AM   #2824
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans
I’m not seeing that on zone blocking at all. I routinely see my guards hitting LBs. How fast are you hitting the hole? Are you sliding your run protection from one side to the other? I slide my protection at least half the time. The only time I don’t is when I know I have a hat on each of the hats in front of me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'slide protection' only affect passing plays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »