Home

Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

This is a discussion on Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Anyone have an info dump on how different traits might affect QB play?

I recently returned to the game after a long hiatus and was pleasantly surprised at some of the fixes and the overall quality of the game.

BUT- the QB play is still not quite right. I'm using edited playbooks for AI teams to make them call a better variety of plays. I'm also playing on all madden with good sliders. But now most Qbs are checking things down waaaay too much and scrambling out of the pocket way too much. The scrambling is often effective as they get yards or somehow throw against the grain for completions, but it's cheesy. I played around with traits to change up the results but I'm still experimenting. Anyone know the full details of what traits do what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Traits, sliders, and ratings that affect AI QB play (aggressiveness)

Has anyone had any luck with this in 20? I'm kind of getting tired of QBs that check down to flats and tight ends on every play.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Anyone have an info dump on how different traits might affect QB play?

I recently returned to the game after a long hiatus and was pleasantly surprised at some of the fixes and the overall quality of the game.

BUT- the QB play is still not quite right. I'm using edited playbooks for AI teams to make them call a better variety of plays. I'm also playing on all madden with good sliders. But now most Qbs are checking things down waaaay too much and scrambling out of the pocket way too much. The scrambling is often effective as they get yards or somehow throw against the grain for completions, but it's cheesy. I played around with traits to change up the results but I'm still experimenting. Anyone know the full details of what traits do what?
I am awaiting the next ea bandage before I revamp my settings. I firmly believe that the animations of the QB are most vital to overall gameplay.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Has anyone had any luck with this in 20? I'm kind of getting tired of QBs that check down to flats and tight ends on every play.
I loathe giving any appearance of promoting my set; that just isn't my thing. But, I've tested a bunch of slider-based combos and what I am running right now (which is default with injuries at 10 in MM and 39 in CFM) has worked very well. I loved pure default but the same QB issues that you are elaborating on were driving me nuts. The injury slider (in conjunction with the fatigue and threshold) has a lot of locomotion-based effects and what I think has happened is that the 39 CFM injury value has gotten things back in-sync. The QBs are 'reading' the routes at the proper times and are thus looking at the downfield receivers at the proper times.

Sure, there are games with certain QBs where they throw short more (following their "ID") but overall, I've seen a lot of success with that setup (and people have reported good outcomes on both All Pro and All Madden). QBs with more aggressive traits will definitely throw downfield more...it keeps you guessing...a lot...which I really have enjoyed.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I loathe giving any appearance of promoting my set; that just isn't my thing. But, I've tested a bunch of slider-based combos and what I am running right now (which is default with injuries at 10 in MM and 39 in CFM) has worked very well. I loved pure default but the same QB issues that you are elaborating on were driving me nuts. The injury slider (in conjunction with the fatigue and threshold) has a lot of locomotion-based effects and what I think has happened is that the 39 CFM injury value has gotten things back in-sync. The QBs are 'reading' the routes at the proper times and are thus looking at the downfield receivers at the proper times.

Sure, there are games with certain QBs where they throw short more (following their "ID") but overall, I've seen a lot of success with that setup (and people have reported good outcomes on both All Pro and All Madden). QBs with more aggressive traits will definitely throw downfield more...it keeps you guessing...a lot...which I really have enjoyed.
Can you link your sliders? are you on Xbox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Can you link your sliders? are you on Xbox?
They're right here on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »