Home

Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #9
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

I was super exited when I saw this thread, finally I can play around with these. I’m also glad I wasn’t the only one noticing the cpu defenders intercepting like everything, many times they would play better than my own receivers
Old 08-30-2020, 06:38 PM   #10
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

So far so good. I got three games in on AM. First game, it was something else... I got a reality check real fast. I lost 59-0 against the Chargers with the Bengals lol. I, uhh had to shake some of that rust off and brutal beat down off. But I honestly can say I've never been that dominated before by the CPU. Nothing I did or tried looked and it was amazing but annoying! Next two games were great. I played Packers Vs Vikings and lost 31-29. Cousin's missed a wide open throw to Rudolph over the middle to set us up for the game winning FG. The final game I played was Seahawks Vs Falcons and I lost 24-21. This was a sloppy, turnover game for the Falcons team. Ryan was off the mark several times throwing 4 picks and Gurley fumbled which took away the tying field goal potentially.

Run down of things:

Ryan or Wilson weren't sacked at all! First I've seen that on a AM game without something being off. Plenty of QB hits just no sacks. Rodgers I got to him 3 times and Cousins went down 2 times.

It was nice to see Aaron Rodgers and Wilson take off on me a few times. Rodgers ran only when everything was covered, pocket broke down or on a read option he kept. Wilson, man he bolted out of the pocket once it started collapsing. This made me actually stick a spy out there as I was threatened by both of these QBs.

Running game wasn't bad for the CPU. I just didn't feel threatened always. But I'll continue to look at this and facd a back like Elliot to see. User, I struggled. I think a lot of it was me as I wasn't patiently waiting for my blocks or I was hitting the wrong holes. Not too sure yet.

The games were fun, all different outcomes. The Bengals game made me wanna throw my controller lol. But it was mostly just me and really shaking a few months of rust off and I got a hang of it quickly. More importantly, I started calling my own plays instead of using suggestions, I audible, and I used all the tools I had at my disposal.

I absolutely love how aggressive the CPU gets! They will go for it on 4th and 4th, 4th and inches, etc. They may be at midfield or 10 yard line, they don't care. Heck, I even had them fake a punt and almost get it.

My biggest and probably only complaint is the CPU QB completion %. I haven't seen a single throw that was an incompletion because it was inaccurate. Which I know playing AM, it comes with it. My biggest gripe was it felt like my defense always played soft In coverage. I would call man to man, zone, different formations, bring pressure, could press them, Shade them underneath, have them Shade the outside and inside etc they never played super tight which I think may be a game related thing. It just seemed to lead to inflated QB %'s. Rodgers finished at 88% Herbert was 85% and Wilson 80%. Wilson and Rodgers I can't complain a ton as their elite and have done it before, but Herbert I would've liked to see some misfires and be down a bit In the 70's. Not a game breaker though. Besides that, gameplay has been very fun so far and I'm loving it! I'll probably end up starting my CFM tonight.

Side note; Do you plug in all the settings such as penalties, sliders in main menu and import everything or no?

Thank you Matt!

Sent from my GM1915 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 08-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

So far in the game I’m playing I’m noticing the coverage playing better, still some soft coverage here and there but I try not to judge too much being I’m doing a jags franchise and my secondary isn’t like “shutdown” players.

But the only gripe I have is the damn cpu still intercepting everything. I’ve thrown 2 ints in the first half, one was tipped (which seems the cpu will int every topped pass) and the other was the linebacker somehow playing better coverage than my wr who had a step on him, I wonder if this can be fixed with some trait editing until EA can tone it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
So far so good. I got three games in on AM. First game, it was something else... I got a reality check real fast. I lost 59-0 against the Chargers with the Bengals lol. I, uhh had to shake some of that rust off and brutal beat down off. But I honestly can say I've never been that dominated before by the CPU. Nothing I did or tried looked and it was amazing but annoying! Next two games were great. I played Packers Vs Vikings and lost 31-29. Cousin's missed a wide open throw to Rudolph over the middle to set us up for the game winning FG. The final game I played was Seahawks Vs Falcons and I lost 24-21. This was a sloppy, turnover game for the Falcons team. Ryan was off the mark several times throwing 4 picks and Gurley fumbled which took away the tying field goal potentially.

Run down of things:

Ryan or Wilson weren't sacked at all! First I've seen that on a AM game without something being off. Plenty of QB hits just no sacks. Rodgers I got to him 3 times and Cousins went down 2 times.

It was nice to see Aaron Rodgers and Wilson take off on me a few times. Rodgers ran only when everything was covered, pocket broke down or on a read option he kept. Wilson, man he bolted out of the pocket once it started collapsing. This made me actually stick a spy out there as I was threatened by both of these QBs.

Running game wasn't bad for the CPU. I just didn't feel threatened always. But I'll continue to look at this and facd a back like Elliot to see. User, I struggled. I think a lot of it was me as I wasn't patiently waiting for my blocks or I was hitting the wrong holes. Not too sure yet.

The games were fun, all different outcomes. The Bengals game made me wanna throw my controller lol. But it was mostly just me and really shaking a few months of rust off and I got a hang of it quickly. More importantly, I started calling my own plays instead of using suggestions, I audible, and I used all the tools I had at my disposal.

I absolutely love how aggressive the CPU gets! They will go for it on 4th and 4th, 4th and inches, etc. They may be at midfield or 10 yard line, they don't care. Heck, I even had them fake a punt and almost get it.

My biggest and probably only complaint is the CPU QB completion %. I haven't seen a single throw that was an incompletion because it was inaccurate. Which I know playing AM, it comes with it. My biggest gripe was it felt like my defense always played soft In coverage. I would call man to man, zone, different formations, bring pressure, could press them, Shade them underneath, have them Shade the outside and inside etc they never played super tight which I think may be a game related thing. It just seemed to lead to inflated QB %'s. Rodgers finished at 88% Herbert was 85% and Wilson 80%. Wilson and Rodgers I can't complain a ton as their elite and have done it before, but Herbert I would've liked to see some misfires and be down a bit In the 70's. Not a game breaker though. Besides that, gameplay has been very fun so far and I'm loving it! I'll probably end up starting my CFM tonight.

Side note; Do you plug in all the settings such as penalties, sliders in main menu and import everything or no?

Thank you Matt!

Sent from my GM1915 using Operation Sports mobile app
The only way I’ve been able to get realistic AI Qb percentage is by lowering AI QB accuracy to 15 and my pass coverage to 90 with PI at 90. My first game, Cousins threw for 69% and my second game Stafford threw for 66%
Old 08-30-2020, 07:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Great first game with these. Computer percentage is still too high but maybe I need to mix things up better. Chargers running back ran for 161 on me. I have not been pounded ever on the ground like that in the fourth quarter. He wore me down when I was trying to get the ball back and I did this on all pro.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Yessir! I'm loading these up!

Sent from my moto z3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-30-2020, 08:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Do these sliders make LBs faster?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #16
Rookie

I hate running quarterbacks and I mean that in a good way. Kyler Murray is kicking my butt right now. But I will say this, coaching adjustments and how you change the hook routes and stuff make a big difference. Cardinals are killing me in the moment, I make a quick adjustment, I’ll pick the pass off. So adjustments do help, sometimes we worry about just picking plays and we really got to coach.

Editing those coaching adjustments have made a huge difference. Maybe not in the passing percentage but just the throws and the tightness of the defense. The game is all about adjustments.

Murray killed me with his feet lost 24-17

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »