Home

Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

This is a discussion on Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2021, 10:15 PM   #9
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've been toying around with sliders for Madden 21 since moving over to it recently after wanting something different from a modded Madden 20 experience. The game has played surprisingly well relative to.my expectations and I'm actually having some fun. I feel like I've nailed my sliders down everywhere except for two areas. One is penalties, but that doesn't look to be completely fixable. The other area is the CPU passing game.

Initially on All Madden I moved the accuracy slider down in the 26-36 area tinkering around with it in that range. I got overthrows, underthrows, and the likes, but it didn't feel like I got enough. I went drastic and lowered QB accuracy to 10 to see how it would play out. Since that change it seems every QB I play is going 20 of 24 passing, but for like 180 yards. I've played enough games with the change to where it doesn't appear to be simply a coincidence. It looks as if having the QBA slider that low makes the CPU QB always look to dump it off or pass the ball as quickly as possible even if there is no rum after catch possibility.

I tried to look around a bit, but didn't see anything pertaining to this discussion. Have others noticed this as well? Instead of the QB becoming more inaccurate, they've simply become captain check down and are getting the ball out within 2 seconds every play except for when Madden rears its ugly head and the QB drops back forever taking a 15 yard sack in the process.

I'm going to move the slider back up to the 26-36 range again and see if QBs start flinging the ball downfield some more missing throws and what not. I guess one sliver lining with the issue was the CPU QB was not forcing passes and throwing multiple picks everygame, but I think I can find a value that offers more balance. There's surely a value that in combination with the rest of my sliders results in throws downfield, but not 3 picks every game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I FIRMLY believe that the QB Accuracy slider is an intelligence slider for many years - all the way back to M12
Old 03-05-2021, 12:19 AM   #10
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've been toying around with sliders for Madden 21 since moving over to it recently after wanting something different from a modded Madden 20 experience. The game has played surprisingly well relative to.my expectations and I'm actually having some fun. I feel like I've nailed my sliders down everywhere except for two areas. One is penalties, but that doesn't look to be completely fixable. The other area is the CPU passing game.

Initially on All Madden I moved the accuracy slider down in the 26-36 area tinkering around with it in that range. I got overthrows, underthrows, and the likes, but it didn't feel like I got enough. I went drastic and lowered QB accuracy to 10 to see how it would play out. Since that change it seems every QB I play is going 20 of 24 passing, but for like 180 yards. I've played enough games with the change to where it doesn't appear to be simply a coincidence. It looks as if having the QBA slider that low makes the CPU QB always look to dump it off or pass the ball as quickly as possible even if there is no rum after catch possibility.

I tried to look around a bit, but didn't see anything pertaining to this discussion. Have others noticed this as well? Instead of the QB becoming more inaccurate, they've simply become captain check down and are getting the ball out within 2 seconds every play except for when Madden rears its ugly head and the QB drops back forever taking a 15 yard sack in the process.

I'm going to move the slider back up to the 26-36 range again and see if QBs start flinging the ball downfield some more missing throws and what not. I guess one sliver lining with the issue was the CPU QB was not forcing passes and throwing multiple picks everygame, but I think I can find a value that offers more balance. There's surely a value that in combination with the rest of my sliders results in throws downfield, but not 3 picks every game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I can't say this is true, I see long passes and variation between games.
CPU vs CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »