Home

Settings and Sliders - Rookie/Beginner

This is a discussion on Settings and Sliders - Rookie/Beginner within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Settings and Sliders - Rookie/Beginner

I've had no luck finding a thread on the forum, or anything on Youtube, that provides recommended game settings and sliders for a beginner playing on rookie.

I have a 6 year old who is learning football, and is just starting to play Madden. Arcade on rookie is too easy and not realistic enough, so we're looking to do simulation/rookie but make it more realistic, and slightly more challenging in certain areas, via sliders.

If anyone has seen a source that provides some suggestions for set up and sliders for a beginner it would be very much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Re: Settings and Sliders - Rookie/Beginner

I'm probably not the best to help you, but no one else is responding to you.

Check the sliders. Adjust the following depending on his game results:

Too many passing yards (averaging 300+ yards or 13+ yards per completion)- human accuracy (-), cpu pass coverage (+)

Too efficient running (yards per carry> 5.8)- human run blocking (-), cpu tackling (+)

Too few cpu passing yards (less than 150 yards or less than 6 yards per completion)- human pass coverage (-), cpu accuracy (+)

Too few cpu rush yards (less than 4 yards per carry)- human tackling (-), cpu run blocking (+)

Increase or decrease the associated sliders by 5 until satisfied.

When you hit 0 human, 100 cpu, go to the next difficulty level and set all human sliders to 100 and all cpu sliders to 0 and start adjusting again. I would leave human and cpu fumbles at 60.

You could post the game results and maybe we could provide feedback.

Last edited by HesiPullupJimbo; 03-04-2022 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:28 AM   #3
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

OVR: 8

Check out this thread on Mike Lowe’s slider app. Basically load up a few stats from a handful of games and based on how your son does, it suggests slider modifications to give him settings to best suit his play style.

Heavily tested and plenty of praise. Give it a shot!

Mike Lowe Madden 22 Slider App
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
Old 03-09-2022, 09:43 PM   #4
Pro

So is the whole point of sliders only relevant for one person gaming? I appreciate that link you sent, and I had actually read all those other discussions previously (and just re-read some more after you sent that) but seems the focus is entirely on User vs CPU. That's fine, and it'll be good to get the game more balanced for him to practice, for sure.

However, are settings and sliders irrelevant in offline user vs user exhibition? I'm assuming this to be the case as I have yet to find a discussion about how to improve offline P1 vs P2

Thank you for replying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »