Home

EA and NFL Sign Multi-Year Extension For Madden NFL Championship Series

This is a discussion on EA and NFL Sign Multi-Year Extension For Madden NFL Championship Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2022, 02:51 PM   #9
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA and NFL Sign Multi-Year Extension For Madden NFL Championship Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
eSports can have a really odd effect on gaming and gamers. Lots of good games are trashed because of a really loud eSports community.
Unfortunately that's big business alot of times. If a company can double or even triple profits with something small for an investment like server space, for online comp play an tourneys; it's then choosing between cutting into those new earnings with groundbreaking innovations/expansion, or not and adding that to the company bonus. It's really the downside of capitalism but that's life. Either create ur own or deal with the issues from the only choice u have

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-12-2022, 03:00 PM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Business element aside (which I agree with you on),I think the bigger impact is simply what happens to the playerbase. Consider a game like Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft, or even Starcraft 2. Let's put aside the element of simply being better and improving at the game (which is just natural). The playerbase begins to demand different things from the developer when these titles are now esports because now gamers have competitive skin in the game.

It's no longer what's fun, it's about what makes my playstyle / race / character / class better and win more often. Or, conversely, what will nerf the things that I struggle against.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:55 PM   #11
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Business element aside (which I agree with you on),I think the bigger impact is simply what happens to the playerbase. Consider a game like Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft, or even Starcraft 2. Let's put aside the element of simply being better and improving at the game (which is just natural). The playerbase begins to demand different things from the developer when these titles are now esports because now gamers have competitive skin in the game.

It's no longer what's fun, it's about what makes my playstyle / race / character / class better and win more often. Or, conversely, what will nerf the things that I struggle against.
I really don't see an end to it tbh. Multiple major sports game developers have been doing this for a while now as well as other games. I feel that's the big reason alot of sports gamers have grown frustrated with the decline in improvements year to year. Futbol caters to esports, bball has its online thing, baseball, Madden....its everywhere, and also the main complaint and reason for decline from each community.

Innovation and gamer feedback was king before online gaming took a huge leap forward. It's moreo companies are in a race, focused on new ways to make easy money on top of base figures rather than worry about one n done gamers(solo/offline). Hell 2k built an entire city for online; yet fouls an defense have been a multi year complaint.

Bottom line is, player online competition is more financially rewarding than offline near perfect game mechanics. Why not both falls on more and more deaf ears the higher the request goes up the corporate ladder nowadays, imo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 08-13-2022 at 12:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2022, 10:45 PM   #12
MVP

I’m just tired of the rinse and repeat gameplay these comp events bring! If it was actual chess match type games then I’d be down for this but it’s not and that’s sad to see!

I can’t cheat my way through college but you can damn sure cheat for large sums of cash at a video game and make a career out of it!
Old 08-15-2022, 06:07 AM   #13
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I’m just tired of the rinse and repeat gameplay these comp events bring! If it was actual chess match type games then I’d be down for this but it’s not and that’s sad to see!

I can’t cheat my way through college but you can damn sure cheat for large sums of cash at a video game and make a career out of it!
How are the competitive players cheating?
Old 08-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #14
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...cense-football
I’m assuming when this expires in ‘26 that there will be a new license signed since they will have the MCS license locked up as well. So EA will likely hold both licenses through 2030?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2022, 06:13 PM   #15
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

Back in the day my college bud and I entered the first era events called "The Madden Challenge" tourneys in '02, '03, and '04 in SoCal, held at Santa Monica 3rd St Promenade for the Los Angeles, CA bracket. Slept in our car and parking garage overnight to make sure we got in the early LONG lines soon as the event setup/sign up started. I remember nearly EVERY competitor used Falcons Vick with the "Playmaker" debut, we played so many folks online and got savvy with the D to stop the spammed Falcons "Rollout or run backwards & throw deep" Vick Offense.

As Raider fans we both practiced many months using the Raiders (or the Rams sometimes), and ran the Raiders' Offense Playbook: Singleback Trips Bunch short pass attack with Gannon's super accurate passes via drags, slants and motion flats for easy YAC, marching down the field via WestCoast O masters Brown & Rice, Jerry Porter & Charlie Garner with a "1,000 small cuts" passing game. We did well vs the Falcons Vick players but ran into trouble when facing "Nanoblitzing" Defense players that we could never figure out, or use/set up fast ourselves in '03 & '04. It was fun but tiring, standing up all day was fatiguing like a outdoor concert fest and sore legs etc...

One thing I remember was practicing online couch play vs. online with the ever present "Madden Lag" we thought would be gone at a tournament with game stations set up like home couch play buuuut NOPE! That stupid freaking lag was still there even with side by side PS2 stations, ugh.

*And the fact that stupid online "Madden Lag" STILL exists is so lame, considering many massive online games with 30 plus players run smooth as butter last several gen consoles/PCs, but not with EAs crap servers when I last played/bought Madden in 2018/AB M19 year and did a Franchise League with some co-workers. Just one of many reasons I stopped buying this game and just got more into Dynasty, Best Ball & my longtime redraft FFLeagues (plus several years of bad Franchise Modes/feature decline as the Ultimate Team, FUT/MUT/HUT/BUT Empire took over)...I digress.

Do they even play these Madden MCS tourneys with standard roster "Play Now" teams anymore? Or is it all entirely MUT Player Squads and that's it? I may try out the M23 trial since I have Game Pass, but I heard current gen is lackluster so I might just keep enjoying MLBTheShow, check M23 when it hits Game Pass next year.
Old GenX gamer rant over.

Last edited by kenchun24; 08-17-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »