Home

Can't download

This is a discussion on Can't download within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2022, 09:32 AM   #9
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Can't download

Well....I tried deleting and re-downloading the trial (i have 5.5 hours left) and when I go to the store, my only options are to buy the standard or all madden edition. No trial to be downloaded. It doesn't show up in the EA plays list of games that can be downloaded. I fired up NHL 22 and I still have 8 hours on that trial and I installed that almost a year ago. Something got messed up with the trial and this being launch day.

I am considering just buying the damn thing and being done with it but I am concerned I plunk down my hard earned cash and won't even be able to download it.

Is this an issue with others or am I an isolated case? I googled it and all I find are people with the Xbox trial has expired issues.

To be clear, for me it was saying I have 5.5 hours left. I choose to continue and it would throw me to the store to buy it.

Oh....and when I went into my library I could see that I had Madden 23 trial in the list but not installed. I clicked on it and it took me to the product page where there is only the ability to buy the standard or the All Madden version.

THanks.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:45 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

XBox Series S, I had the EA Trial that I was finally able to break through

as I had 3 hrs left.

I deleted this morning and my online code was mailed to me that I paid 50

bucks for and it's currently almost 50% downloaded.

Sorry, the PS crowd is getting the hose.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #11
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I didn't do a trial, and it won't let me buy the game on the PS5 either. Gives me an error message when I click on the button to purchase. Something is obviously wrong here. I think that I'm going to wait a few days and just buy it on disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I didn't do a trial, and it won't let me buy the game on the PS5 either. Gives me an error message when I click on the button to purchase. Something is obviously wrong here. I think that I'm going to wait a few days and just buy it on disc.
You should restart your PS5 and see if that fixes that, sounds like a reboot issue might fix (If you haven't already)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Well I caved and bought it off PSN with 10% EA play discount. It's downloading now. Sure hope it launches when it's done. Or I am gonna be peeved.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2022, 12:07 PM   #14
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You should restart your PS5 and see if that fixes that, sounds like a reboot issue might fix (If you haven't already)
I did twice. No change. It allows me to download other games from PS+, but won't let me purchase Madden. I haven't tried to buy any others, as I don't want any right now.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:08 PM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Fortunately I was able to actually purchase, download and launch the full version. I was only 4.5 hours into the trial and was going to wait until all 10 hours were up before deciding. But heck, let's be honest. I was going to buy it anyway....right? I think I was just kidding myself.

Good luck to other still stuck with installation issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 01:15 PM   #16
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

FWIW, I found a thread on Reddit where people were having the same issue that I am, and someone said that it was an overload of the server issue. Too many people trying to download the game at the same time. It should eventually resolve itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »