Home

Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA?

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #9
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA?

I would be more inclined to play it if it was like superstar mode from madden 06, that’s when it was more fun. Otherwise I just care about franchise mode
Old 10-07-2022, 01:10 PM   #10
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Less is more sometimes. Its a fine line EA has to walk to stay on the side of being everything to everyone and crossing that line into being nothing for no one. I dont want tosee EA stretch thereselves any thinner. Its a Good idea to let FOTF die peacefully.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I want EA to get back to having the AI call the plays in these modes. Your player calling his own plays is immersion breaking for me and is why I skip this mode after an initial trial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2022, 12:07 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
They had it right 17 years ago with Madden 06. Superstar was great. I know people hate playing endless games with no side stuff. So use NBA 2K as a blueprint. Take some elements from there the good stuff not the bad grindy microstranctions.
I definitely agree. Superstar Mode from 06-08 on PS2 is the standard of how I would want this to be. No fluff, no scripted story, just playing games. But it wasn't just Playing games, practice, and repeat. It had its little non-gameplay elements. Interviews, taking movie parts, commercials, stuff like that. If they are bringing back Road to Glory in College Football, Superstar mode feels necessary. I really don't want to see a scripted story that follows you from College Football to Madden.

I can agree for the most part with NBA 2k MyCareer approach. I would buy NBA 2k solely for MyCareer offline. But, I really don't like the direction of MyCareer anymore and I passed on it this year. Since 2k18 and start of the Neighborhood, the mode went downhill for me. The heavy presence of microtransactions and bad stories, really soured the mode for me. Also the restrictions on the builds because of online, is something I haven't cared for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I want EA to get back to having the AI call the plays in these modes. Your player calling his own plays is immersion breaking for me and is why I skip this mode after an initial trial.
I agree. I think they started letting you call plays towards the last years of Superstar mode. My initial feeling was cool because I can call plays that best suits my player. But, it does take the immersion out if it. If you really want that true player experience, AI needs to call the plays. The hope is that AI calls plays similarly to real life or at least plays that make sense with situation. When I playing this mode in past, I would stick to Coach Plays that way it still felt like AI was calling plays.

But for me, when I play modes like this, my main concern is gameplay. In Madden, for the most part, you can create the type of player you want too, unlike in MyCareer. If the gameplay is good enough, I can overlook the other BS involved in the mode. That's what separates MyCareer and FoTF. 2k's gameplay is good enough where I can enjoy the mode. The reason I passed on it this year is that the CPU teammates are terrible and that's a no go for me this time around. Whereas for Madden, even with the improvements, it still feels like the same Madden for me. I still want to see an overhaul in blocking and OL/DL and certain other areas for me to enjoy Madden.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:08 AM   #13
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
They had it right 17 years ago with Madden 06. Superstar was great. I know people hate playing endless games with no side stuff. So use NBA 2K as a blueprint. Take some elements from there the good stuff not the bad grindy microstranctions.

I’m surprised they didn’t copy the grindy micro transactions

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-08-2022, 05:34 AM   #14
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
But it wasn't just Playing games, practice, and repeat. It had its little non-gameplay elements. Interviews, taking movie parts, commercials, stuff like that. If they are bringing back Road to Glory in College Football, Superstar mode feels necessary. I really don't want to see a scripted story that follows you from College Football to Madden.

I can agree for the most part with NBA 2k MyCareer approach. I would buy NBA 2k solely for MyCareer offline. But, I really don't like the direction of MyCareer anymore and I passed on it this year. Since 2k18 and start of the Neighborhood, the mode went downhill for me. The heavy presence of microtransactions and bad stories, really soured the mode for me. Also the restrictions on the builds because of online, is something I haven't cared for.
All it really needed was voiced press conferences and interviews and meeting with coaches. That's about it. I'd say going over film but that would be too much. Go for the NBA 2k11-2k13 MyCareer mode. The practices were terrible in Superstar mode though if they could find a way to make it not boring and actually worthwhile I'd probably not skip them.

Maddens Career mode was probably one of the first and earliest modes to do it. Shame how they haven't handled it properly over the years and are playing catch up to NBA 2K.

Last edited by zello144; 10-08-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
All it really needed was voiced press conferences and interviews and meeting with coaches. That's about it. I'd say going over film but that would be too much. Go for the NBA 2k11-2k13 MyCareer mode. The practices were terrible in Superstar mode though if they could find a way to make it not boring and actually worthwhile I'd probably not skip them.

Maddens Career mode was probably one of the first and earliest modes to do it. Shame how they haven't handled it properly over the years and are playing catch up to NBA 2K.
I agree MyCareer 2k11-2k13 is the idea era to take from. As someone who actually enjoys single player modes, the goal should feel like we are going through an athlete experience. I don't want to be stuck in a made for TV story, but at the same time, I don't want it feel like I'm doing a Player-Lock experience. It needs to be more than just playing games, practice.

Following a team regularly through OTA to end of season, should give you an idea of what to add to the mode as far as off field. Adding back the PS2 training camp drills, interviews with the local media each week, more 7 on 7 and 11on 11 focused practice, a way to recreate meeting with coaches, simulate team charity events, things like that would add depth to the non-gameplay aspect of the mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 09:05 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I really love the career mode and I'm 52 so this idea older people don't like it is bunk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »