Home

List of things we've lost in franchise

This is a discussion on List of things we've lost in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
List of things we've lost in franchise

Here's a list of everything we've lost in franchise since Madden 22. I'm sure there's more I can't think of. Most of these were inexplicably removed for no reason. It just shows that Madden continues its trend of removing things instead of building these things out or just leaving it in since they worked as intended. Many of these things are small ommisions but they do add up.

*Big decisions for injuries
*Player regression screen
*Seeing positions you've picked in the draft
*How much cap space you have left going into free agency
*Many scenarios such as the retirement scenario, coach firing etc
*Legacy Leaderboard is empty outside of John Madden
*Training drills within franchise (replaced with gameplanning)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by oneamongthefence; 11-12-2022 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2022, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of things we've lost in franchise

Did they bring back being able to see stamina?

Week to week updates for franchise.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:54 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I am confused by the "can't see cap space going into free agency" line item; it's just wrong? In Madden 23, you can very easily see how much unallocated cap space you currently have on that bidding screen in the top-right corner. Further, you can always see how much cap space you have for the current and next year on the Team Salaries screen. Additionally, the player contract negotiation screen shows you how much cap space you have, minus the value of the contract currently being negotiated.

Madden 23 also tells you what players you have on the roster during offseason free agency, so that line item is wrong as well. Every time you open the contract negotiation view, the game shows you the players on your roster at the same position as the player with whom you are negotiation. It display those players' names, OVR, and age. I believe which players it shows specifically is affected by your depth chart at the position of the player with whom you are negotiating. Again, also confused by this complaint.

I have my objections on some of the others as well - the current weekly training feature is very obviously more meaningful and consequential from a gameplay perspective than the drills feature it replaced, everyone hated the Soul Searching veteran scenario, the Injury Big Decisions feature was a waste of time - but let's at least start off by composing an accurate list of things.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:15 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Here's a list of everything we've lost in franchise since Madden 22. I'm sure there's more I can't think of. Most of these were inexplicably removed for no reason. It just shows that Madden continues its trend of removing things instead of building these things out or just leaving it in since they worked as intended. Many of these things are small ommisions but they do add up.

*Seeing players on your roster from the FA screen

Removing training drills was a good thing. It was unrealistic and a waste of time.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

There use to be holdouts too in Madden from way back when. That was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2022, 12:43 AM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I am confused by the "can't see cap space going into free agency" line item; it's just wrong? In Madden 23, you can very easily see how much unallocated cap space you currently have on that bidding screen in the top-right corner. Further, you can always see how much cap space you have for the current and next year on the Team Salaries screen. Additionally, the player contract negotiation screen shows you how much cap space you have, minus the value of the contract currently being negotiated.

Madden 23 also tells you what players you have on the roster during offseason free agency, so that line item is wrong as well. Every time you open the contract negotiation view, the game shows you the players on your roster at the same position as the player with whom you are negotiation. It display those players' names, OVR, and age. I believe which players it shows specifically is affected by your depth chart at the position of the player with whom you are negotiating. Again, also confused by this complaint.

I have my objections on some of the others as well - the current weekly training feature is very obviously more meaningful and consequential from a gameplay perspective than the drills feature it replaced, everyone hated the Soul Searching veteran scenario, the Injury Big Decisions feature was a waste of time - but let's at least start off by composing an accurate list of things.
When you clocked on the free agency tab it would show you the cap space you had left before you entered the Free agency screen. Having to back out if you need to make more space is 2 extra button presses. Having to jump in and then back is annoying. It's a small thing but something I noticed right away.

You are correct on the free agency roster. I'll remove that one.

The injury big decision wasn't a waste of time. It was a system that had risk/reward. We have an injury system now where a guy is either fully healthy or injured. There is no in-between. In the NFL guys don't always play at 100%.

Old 11-12-2022, 12:54 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

EA SPORTS

IT’S (not) IN THE GAME
Old 11-12-2022, 03:50 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflu7
EA SPORTS

IT’S (not) IN THE GAME
Training drills AREN'T in the game during the regular season. Since training camp doesn't exist in Madden (there's something you can complain about), there would be no training drills.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »