Home

Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5

This is a discussion on Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2023, 05:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Progressive Lighting Madden 24 Beta PS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It worked in Madden 23 the same way. West coast game started partially in shadow and ended completely in shadow.

See here:

Yeah but in 23 it’s like 3 stadiums that do it eagles 49ers and I forget who else. Also it only happens in the 4th quarter, it’s like a flip off a coin sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn’t trigger at all
Old 06-25-2023, 06:04 PM   #18
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayyd11
Yeah but in 23 it’s like 3 stadiums that do it eagles 49ers and I forget who else. Also it only happens in the 4th quarter, it’s like a flip off a coin sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn’t trigger at all

Here's one of the Jaguars where the shadows clearly change, so it's not just west coast.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:08 PM   #19
MVP

I did see a Giants/Jets one in which the shadows pointed toward the N on the NFL logo the entire game. This is quite peculiar.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:34 PM   #20
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Play now game in Cleveland against Seattle. I picked a 6:30 start time and it started with long shadows and I noticed when I hit the 2 minute warning it was dark. Somehow, I missed the progression though....and I acknowledge that 6:30 games are not typical in the NFL. So there's that. But....it did not stay static.

This was on the PC version.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:36 PM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I did see a Giants/Jets one in which the shadows pointed toward the N on the NFL logo the entire game. This is quite peculiar.
In Cleveland the sun appears to be North of the Stadium which makes no sense since the sun should at his highest point of the year in June, be directly over head at best. The rest of the year the sun should be varying degrees of south....making shadows come from the south side of the stadium....not the north. I believe this would only be accurate if the game was taking place south of the equator..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2023, 07:14 PM   #22
MVP

The tech to get this right has been around for nearly 20 years. The budget for this game is massive. I have very little patience on this matter. There should be full-on real-time lighting changes in-game and it should also reflect the time of year the game is taking place (i.e., the difference in sunlight angles in a September game during daylight savings time vs a December game during standard time is like three hours different). I’m tired of waiting on this, and I’m tired of the general “oh who cares?” sentiment the community often responds to this with. Lighting is a big deal. It’s lowkey more important than graphics when done right.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:23 PM   #23
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
The tech to get this right has been around for nearly 20 years. The budget for this game is massive. I have very little patience on this matter. There should be full-on real-time lighting changes in-game and it should also reflect the time of year the game is taking place (i.e., the difference in sunlight angles in a September game during daylight savings time vs a December game during standard time is like three hours different). I’m tired of waiting on this, and I’m tired of the general “oh who cares?” sentiment the community often responds to this with. Lighting is a big deal. It’s lowkey more important than graphics when done right.
I agree brother. I still remember playing one of the NCAA games back around 2009-2012 or so and feeling the night coming and the lights coming on and the added sense of pressure as I could feel the game getting late. It's tangible that the lighting and shadows are indicative of the passage of time during a game. MLB the show is a great example. I can clearly feel the game getting late as the lights take over and the sky gets orange. Then the sky is dark at the end of the game. It is palpable how much more real this makes the game feel. To boot, when they show you their very limited highlight reel, you see the homerun you smacked into the sunlit stands in ther third inning, versus the darkness in the sky as your closer blows another lead!

Just saying....it is lowkey almost as important as high res textures and all the players having the right shoelaces and such!
Old 06-26-2023, 08:10 AM   #24
MVP

Weirdly I just played a game at Levi's where the shadows were static three quarters and then I noticed in the fourth quarter the shadows covered most of the field. I did supersim some, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Will play another game completely and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »