Home

Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buy Madden this year?

This is a discussion on Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buy Madden this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Are You Buying Madden or CFB 25 This Year?
Only Buying Madden 5 2.18%
Only Buying CFB 25 114 49.78%
Buying Both 94 41.05%
Not Buying Either 16 6.99%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2024, 12:02 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buy Madden this year?

After Playing College Football 25 on the trial, I found the actual gameplay to be not as fluid as Madden 24, so I am passing on CFB 25 and will try Madden 25 to see if its above M24 gameplay then will make a decision on Madden purchase
Old 08-02-2024, 01:08 PM   #154
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Curious to hear everyone's approach to this. I've not been too happy with the lack of innovation for awhile in Madden so taking a year off is an easy decision. I can't see myself spending $70 worth of time on 2 football games this fall, so it's just going to be CFB 25 for me. That is unless Madden suddenly decides to improve the game (lol). What are your plans?

I thought about this last night Philly and had no idea you had started this thread.

My son just got his series x yesterday with CFB25 and tonight we are starting a dynasty together. He moved out and got married 3 years ago and I have missed having him around and gaming with me some.

Last night after texting with him I thought to myself that CFB is probably good enough for me this year. I’m having more fun with my dynasty at the moment than I think I ever have had with a football game. To be honest as far as I’m concerned at the end of the year and Madden getting through all of their patching of that game to death…for me it is playing a good game of football CPU VS CPU franchise wise with a few edits.

I may change my mind who knows. I admit to being weak when it comes to football games and always have been. I hope for all of my SIM folks out there that they put it out in a good state and keep it in a good SIM state. If they do…I will breakdown and buy it.

No doubt I will be watching Armors and Playmakers slider threads though. Those alone get to pulling me into breaking down and buying lol. But I have always loved their work and can’t not keep up with their work and I trust their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-03-2024, 12:29 PM   #155
Pro

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried. I really tried, but I couldn't force myself to keep playing the CFB25 game. I got a refund this morning, and it went through blazing fast, actually.

RTG and dynasty kept locking up every single attempt. I already had some visual (personal) troubles of seeing things well enough, and that coupled with game speeds and such not being tunable didn't work out, either. I had the game barely a week, and all I could do was Play Now (which is the only mode you can use custom playbooks - only mode that saved your settings - etc.)

CFB will get better. They will learn much this year and improve, I'm sure. I contend that it could even be split into multiple games because so much is going on and/or forces you to deal with it all before just finally playing a game, even.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2024, 01:12 PM   #156
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Both. I already have CF25 and now im waiting for Madden. Also got MLB the Show 24, Nba2k 25, Fifa 25 and NHL 25 are next.
Im a Franchise guy, and i just love those games.
Wow. Enjoy those bro. I am going with College Football 25, Madden 25 and NBA 2k25 that all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »