Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2024, 02:45 PM   #425
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
After 100 hours, all I can say is, thank god for CFB 25. Honestly the only thing that makes it better is explained below. None of that stuff is in CFB. Yes it has a HFA, but it is powered correctly and doesnt really affect gameplay.

Madden has just become a arcade football game designed around card players and online who want WOW plays EVERY play. If it rarely happens in the NFL, it is a regular in Madden.

While I love the ideas of HFA, SS/XF, scenarios, game plan, media, and all the attempt immersions, EA has over done them all. They are more powerful then ratings, sliders and "SIM" game play.

Boom tech and tackle physics, while another great idea, they are yep, over done as well. Its like ping pong the player. While it can be dumbed down, it still is just over powered.

You can dumb down the offense all you want and smarten up the defense and none of it matters. Sliders and ratings are irrelevant. Now this could (and more then likely is) because of cpu vs cpu. If you play you have enough input possibly to make most of this not matter. I just dont have this porblem in CFB cpu vs cpu. These 2 games are night and day from each other and it is because of the added, over powered extras!

To sum it up, DTR plays no different then Mahomes.

Yeah I can't give impressions for CPU vs CPU....as far as HUman vs CPU this is one oif the best Madden games I have ever played as a total package.

Are there some cons....absolutely.

CPU Playcalling needs work in regards to down and distance and situational awareness. Is it as bad as some say....in my opinion no. Does it need further tuning? Absolutely.

I have been able to get amazing tackling and the best animations I have ever seen on a Madden game with tweaked sliders in conjunction with the physics slider.

I am very happy with the new franchise UI.......huge improvement from years past. It is very slick, intuitive and easy to navigate. Also it is immersive. News Stories are great, relevant and filled with stories related to your scenarios and around the league. Huge improvement. Draft presentation took a big positive step. Just better all the way around.

Sound and presentation has gotten a nice upgrade as well.

It's a solid 8.5/10 for me. I will enjoy this years game till next years offering. I also hope they let go of the PS4 generation for Madden 26. It can definitely be a step in a positive direction much like CFB 25 is and soon NHL 25.

CFB 25 is definitely a better game....that game for me is honestly a 9.75/10 It's that amazing for me. It's a forever game.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2024, 08:32 AM   #426
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah I can't give impressions for CPU vs CPU....as far as HUman vs CPU this is one oif the best Madden games I have ever played as a total package.

Are there some cons....absolutely.

CPU Playcalling needs work in regards to down and distance and situational awareness. Is it as bad as some say....in my opinion no. Does it need further tuning? Absolutely.

I have been able to get amazing tackling and the best animations I have ever seen on a Madden game with tweaked sliders in conjunction with the physics slider.

A+ on this!!!

I am very happy with the new franchise UI.......huge improvement from years past. It is very slick, intuitive and easy to navigate. Also it is immersive. News Stories are great, relevant and filled with stories related to your scenarios and around the league. Huge improvement. Draft presentation took a big positive step. Just better all the way around.

Sound and presentation has gotten a nice upgrade as well.

It's a solid 8.5/10 for me. I will enjoy this years game till next years offering. I also hope they let go of the PS4 generation for Madden 26. It can definitely be a step in a positive direction much like CFB 25 is and soon NHL 25.

CFB 25 is definitely a better game....that game for me is honestly a 9.75/10 It's that amazing for me. It's a forever game.
I have by no means given up on Madden, as I find myself always trying to make it work. So yes, SOMETHING or things keeps drawing me back to it instead of just going to CFB. Your Physics/tackling set really is top notch. Those two sliders I have not and wont touch. Just cant find the happy medium. Id love to hum vs cpu, but I just cant anymore. Way to many buttons to push to make one thing happen LOL. Stick skills are completely gone. Maybe that is the approach I need to try. Play Madden and CvC CFB.
On a side note, your sliders in CFB (Im using for CvC) are also top notch. Everything is fantastic. I wish I couldve made your M25 work.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-12-2024, 11:04 AM   #427
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Madden NFL 25 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Obviously this game has issues, and this is my first purchase in a decade, but the fact that they have super sim in a decent place is really nice. “Play the moment” to rip through seasons is pretty fun. I ignore all the storyline stuff and let the cpu handle.

Last time I played madden super sim did not work at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2024, 03:37 PM   #428
Rookie

Honestly surprised no one here has noticed that player traits do not work in franchise mode. If you edit a player you'll notice their traits are all set to NO and even if you flip it back to YES they'll just default back to NO. The player card shows otherwise but the traits clearly aren't working in game for anyone that's CPU controlled whether on your team or the opponents
Old 09-13-2024, 12:45 PM   #429
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAisASS
Honestly surprised no one here has noticed that player traits do not work in franchise mode. If you edit a player you'll notice their traits are all set to NO and even if you flip it back to YES they'll just default back to NO. The player card shows otherwise but the traits clearly aren't working in game for anyone that's CPU controlled whether on your team or the opponents
So, if you don't edit players, the game works as advertised. If you do, it doesn't work
as advertised. Just clarifying.
Old 09-13-2024, 10:20 PM   #430
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAisASS
Came home and played two more games specifically looking for this. Myles G was a bull rush machine. 3 sacks, pushing his guy back into the pocket all game. He was more of a threat then not. Not always getting to the qb, but enough to disrupt him a lot. 2 games, 5 sacks and countless pressures.

Sorry man, just not seeing an issue.

To add, I don't touch playbooks, ratings, traits or anything in those relations. The only reason I go into edit players is to change out of a retired number.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-14-2024, 08:53 AM   #431
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Came home and played two more games specifically looking for this. Myles G was a bull rush machine. 3 sacks, pushing his guy back into the pocket all game. He was more of a threat then not. Not always getting to the qb, but enough to disrupt him a lot. 2 games, 5 sacks and countless pressures.

To add, I don't touch playbooks, ratings, traits or anything in those relations. The only reason I go into edit players is to change out of a retired number.
Noticed from 2 different people stating it's a visual bug, but still works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2024, 10:01 AM   #432
Rookie

Quote:

You played those games in a new franchise file or an old one? This issue only occurs in franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »