Home

So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back.

This is a discussion on So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
'OverreactionSports' strikes again...
Your right we really shouldn't overreact. I mean Madden has hit it out of the park year after year current gen. We should probably give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #74
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

If the majority of the install space for NBA2k14 is made up of video and audio files, then I am not all the impressed, nor concerned about M25 NG's quality...Live player recordings, though nice at first, will be just as boring after hearing the same sound bite over and over, at least for me...I care more about the actual game play...
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #75
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
If the gameplay is so awesome why aren't they making it more of a PR focus? I really hope the game play is awesome. EA seems to be scared to show it off. They show next gen Monday night football gameplay then take it down and everyone wants to believe its current gen. The look and gameplay of 2k14 makes me think "now that's next gen" they don't seem afraid to show it off.

I agree that just because a game uses more space doesn't means its good but, wasn't that an excuse EA used last gen? I'm still hopping they are going to heavily utilize cloud for the rest. Fingers crossed
Where in what you quoted did he say the gameplay is awesome?

Apparently for some EA should have spent time producing some uncompressd video intros or something to tack on another 15gb and that would have made it a better game by default because it would cover more of the disc.

Hardware limitations have long meant the amount you can load into memory, which is why we're being told things like how often an OL can re - judge his angles and targets to protect the QB because they can do more with the increased overhead.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 11-09-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Personally, I understand what some people are saying about, really defending Madden with, "the core game-play logic doesn't take up that much space." Okay, maybe so, but,.. once the game is done making those calculations, what are they going to do with them?

What good is correct game-play calculations without the graphic fidelity to translate how good a decision the CPU just made,.. VISUALLY? For instance, the CPU decides the perfect time, or angle, for a cutback,.. what good is that if the players are still skating on the field, or, 175lb scat-backs are still overpowering 250lb linebackers because the Madden team still haven't implemented the graphic library necessary to visually represent a high elusiveness rating?

Where is the swell of disc space taken up by an improved half-time show? What about a weekly league round up show with guest analysts? What about a draft preview presentation? What about an improved draft presentation period; something we've asked for during the whole PS3 era? I could continue but I digress.

What I am saying is, it seems that some people think it is okay to improve the logic and coding and not improve the actual way we, as consumers, perceive how well the logic in game has improved; which is VISUALLY. I say it is not going to work: it will not be enough to satisfy consumers that have been disappointed consistently for several years now.

I for one am not impressed, even if the logic and AI have improved, because it looks so similar to current gen. Especially knowing, they had the room and resources to make this a completely different/improved experience than current gen Madden. Especially having admitted as a company, they have never hit the mark expected of them, from their consumers, for the entire PS3 era.

NBA 2k14 next-gen posted a video of coaches and players simply being interviewed by a sideline reporter and it was more impressive than ANYTHING I've been shown by the Madden Team so far. That is the impact of more space being used on a disc in "black and white",.. (and apparently in 1080p at 60fps.) And I for one, can't wait to experience it. As for Madden, I'll wait and see if maybe they can fill that "space on disc" up by next year's release. And it's sad because, I love football and have played every iteration of Madden since its inception.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
If the majority of the install space for NBA2k14 is made up of video and audio files, then I am not all the impressed, nor concerned about M25 NG's quality...Live player recordings, though nice at first, will be just as boring after hearing the same sound bite over and over, at least for me...I care more about the actual game play...
Then why aren't you concerned about madden?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #78
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
So much for disk space being what was holding Madden back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Where in what you quoted did he say the gameplay is awesome?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
He said the disk size doesn't matter if the game is good. Isn't gameplay the thing that would make a sports game good. If the space is not used for all the other stuff then what would it be used for? His example was physics and AI. Isn't that gameplay?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #79

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Two warnings have been handed out thus far and the next one's won't be warnings. I'm getting so sick of the childishness.

Stop the trolling and keep it on topic.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 5

You guys do realize that those b.s. sidelines and repeat fans were put there last gen to minimize space and memory usage... so why in blue hell is there minimum upgrades?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »