Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #89
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Slow speed makes this gsme animate so much smoother, wowww
Yeah, I'm watching your stream and slow looks about the pace of normal speed on 360/ps3. Doesn't look as sped up and jerky.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #90
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

What sliders are you using for it? Have you adjusted them yet?
Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

FINALLY home and unboxed. Playing now. I'm stoked. Very Happy. Game is awesome. Gonna keep it short so I can get back to the game, just had to drop in and tell everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #92
Rookie

OK guys not trying to sound like i have a huge woody right now but WOW! i haven't even finished my 1st madden game on my new PS4 and i can totally tell night and day difference! EA really did push this to be out for nexgen. Lighting is fantastic,true step is awesome! and a lot more realistic, details are really there now,sound on my surround sound system is 10x better, no more gay static looking towels(actually flow with the players) And the game play is a notch up from current gen. My only gripe is with a few new face masks options so far and how wacky they look. NOW yes next years madden will and should be FAR better then madden25 but for now i am happily pleased with nexgen football.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I'm streaming right now, link is in sig, I'm in default all madden with slow game speed. Trying out cameras mostly

Zoom cam seems nice, wide is a little bit too zoomed out for me, trying broadcast now
Can you post some footage of the game on Zoom Cam angle? Is the Zoom Cam the same angle as the current gen madden? Thanks
Old 11-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #94
Rookie

The pocket is a thing of beauty.
Love the way the ball carrier feels when running
Everything is more fliud and smooth (no herky jerky)
DE so fun to use coming off the edge

Cut scenes
No halftime or post game show
EA Please fix J. Charles because he would be pissed if he only knew
Old 11-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #95
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Right now it's CPU vs CPU broadcast cam, do u want me to post videos of zoom cam or stream zoom cam?

It's all madden default, slow gsme speed

The gsme is not bad, not bad at all. Detailed impressions later. PM me requests

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 25 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian52682
So coming from someone that has played an extensive amount of current gen Madden 25 on the 360 I wanted to post some thoughts and impressions that separates next gen (I was skeptical of next gen prior to playing):

Note: Play on All-Madden with default sliders for this quick play now half.

1) Running is much more realistic and seems more fluid and life-like. The running game is a huge improvement.

2) Man coverage appears to be fixed where your slot was always open on the out route.

3) DB's seem smarter so if you run consecutive curls with your 1 and 2 WR the db will actually jump the route and pick it off. Also stop and go routes are more effective if you run a few curls.

4) The pocket forming is very nice compared to current gen.

5) It is much more realistic getting pressure, you can actually blitz 7 and get pressure every time as opposed to the blitzing lb getting hung up behind a tackle blocking a defensive player already.

6) The graphics are actually a noticeable improvement (couldn't tell from streams). The pictures displayed early were of replays and you can actually see that level of detail if you zoom in. The game play looks a little better than current gen but I wouldn't say it's a lot better but there is definitely a noticeable improvement.

7) Defense is actually competent now. I was hardly ever stopped on current gen and on next gen I put up 7 in a half as the Eagles vs the Titans.

8) A good defensive end overpowers a mediocre lineman
Exactly how i feel man. Im not online player.. just pure sim and pure fun is what i want and next gen madden on PS4 is actually delivering this to my big surprise. The running game is soooooo much more realistic now that i just cannot believe how much better it feels running the rock now.

The graphics ...while they do have the same type of "model" characteristics of current gen...the preview videos we've seen over the past month DO NOT DO THIS NEXT GEN MADDEN ANY JUSTICE! The graphics are definitely much MUCH better looking than what we been led to believe...maybe it was the terrible online streaming compression of videos used at Youtube and other online streaming services of Today's internet to save bandwidth and what not, just because you are streaming a 720p or 1080p video does not mean maximum quality of footage, a lot of people do not realize this, Youtube is notorious for dodgy HD video streaming these days, in the past Youtube was much better with HD streaming but economics is first priority these days...why EA allowed that to degrade the impressions of the look of their next gen game baffles me..because you MUST see this game in action on a HDTV in front of you to truly understand the big visual quality difference from current gen to next gen Maddens...i am VERY HAPPY with the graphics..although more should of been done but i am content this year.

The grass, sidelines,crowds, sounds,etc all have been nicely improved and make playing Madden much more fun if you can believe that...yes those visual and sound enhacments do make a big difference..as i always stated in OSForums since 2002. I got a kick out of how much the sidelines are "aware" when you are running the rock and get tackled into the sidelines..makes the game feel more alive and fun to play.

Oh yeah...the "lighting" in next gen madden is leaps and bounds better then current gen. The colors POP MUCH MORE now as well...in current gen the colors of the jerseys,crowds,etc all looked washed out and blurry...now they are very vivid and pop out at you..the green grass also looks greener..which i love! The color pallet in next gen madden reminds of of exactly NFL2k5..as much as i hate to bring that old game up..it did so much right with visuals and next gen madden finally exceeds that game now in the visual dept..thank goodness!

Anyways...after some hours of playing Madden on PS4...i must say i am a happy camper honestly. Sure i would of liked to see more improvements in some area's of gameplay and visuals but for what we got for a launch game on new systems...i am quite pleased.

The AI seems way more intelligent now on next gen. I don't get into details on gameplay elements too much because there is simply too much diversity between gamers when it comes to this. Personally the biggest issues i had on current gen as far as gameplay was the stupid AI in a lot of instances...it seems a LOT of that has been cleaned up and the AI is much MUCH more smarter playing.

By the way..DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT IDIOT IN THE IGN REVIEW..He is a one of those Madden Tourney guys...not that i am saying all madden turney guys are biased like him but "sim" football is like kryptonite to them..Seriously..that IGN video review WAS WRONG in a lot of ways..especially when he mentioned the running game was too sim now rotflmao!! Him saying that and a lot of other things left me scratching my head after hours of gameplay here at home. I do not understand how he also said the game only looks marginally better vs current gen... NO WAY! The game is doing so much more visually.. maybe he is "Graphic Effects" illiterate or something but i see much more graphics technology being used in next gen madden vs current gen. I am a long time member at Beyond3D.com ...we are a bunch of videogame graphic geeks there lol but to say next gen madden is only slightly better looking is BS!

Last edited by Moegames; 11-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »