Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #409
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I've played two games since getting my PS4 last night. The main thing I have noticed is that this game is HARD on all-madden. Its been a long time since I have felt challenged so it is very welcomed. I think they are making steps in the right direction
Yeah you are not kidding neither...finally some hard nose CPU competition!!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #410
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Having spent more time with the game. Two things really bug me about the game.

1. The CPU HB Screen game is way, way to overpowered. Even when I am playing the screed as the DE or LB the CPU is still way to "perfect" in their execution. More times than I can count I've watched the CPU run the play for TDs or long plays. While I am willing to say there could probably be some user error, but they are still get way to many yards.

2. Defensive player moment is flat out terrible. I have been hearing that this is a PS4 specific issue and while at first I didn't beleive it. The more I play, and the more I try to tackle runners in space or take the angle on stretch play, the more I beleive it. To quote pasta padre:
Quote:
What stood out instantly on the Xbox One was a sense of greater player control. More precise movement with the left stick is possible in the running game – running the ball was notably easier on Xbox One – compared to the heft of steering players on the PS4. On defense where a greater number of tackle attempts in the open field on PS4 are missed (too often running right by the ball carrier) no such problem is being had on the Xbox One.
This sums up exactly what I am seeing and feeling as I play the game. It is a problem, and it is one that I know probably won't be patched for Madden 25, but it will be my crusade for Madden 15.

These are the two issues that I am seeing more and more. But I still enjoy the game and many of the "madden issues" still exist the game is a step in the right direction and I am still having fun with it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #411
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

1. The CPU HB Screen game is way, way to overpowered. Even when I am playing the screed as the DE or LB the CPU is still way to "perfect" in their execution. More times than I can count I've watched the CPU run the play for TDs or long plays. While I am willing to say there could probably be some user error, but they are still get way to many yards.

2. Defensive player moment is flat out terrible. I have been hearing that this is a PS4 specific issue and while at first I didn't beleive it. The more I play, and the more I try to tackle runners in space or take the angle on stretch play, the more I beleive it. To quote pasta padre:

This sums up exactly what I am seeing and feeling as I play the game. It is a problem, and it is one that I know probably won't be patched for Madden 25, but it will be my crusade for Madden 15.

These are the two issues that I am seeing more and more. But I still enjoy the game and many of the "madden issues" still exist the game is a step in the right direction and I am still having fun with it.
It does have better control on xbox but its almost too easy. I love the feel of the ps4 Madden much more realistic if you ask me. Plus it looks so much better!! People that act like it doesn't must not have good tvs anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #412
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Played my nephew last night, hes one of the guys that play the wrong way. Dropping back 20 yards to throw, going for it on 4th and 10 etc. Made him quit in the 3rd quarter. That cheese BS just couldnt work for him. Had him 21-0 should have been atleast 28-0 besides a few turnovers from me. Sacked him bout 5 times, picked him off 4 times and he kept throwing into double/triple coverage all game. In past Maddens the stuff he was doing would have worked.
That is what I love the most about this game. I finally played a few games of Ultimate Team online last night. The first guy was a solid player, no BS he slaughtered me 42-14 but he did have a team rated 95 against my team rated 79 , still he was clearly a better player then me. The next two guys were cheeseballs all the way. It was great seeing them try the crap that works on the current gen and watching them fail miserably. Running to the sideline with the QB and trying to pass downfield only to throw up a duck for me to pick off. They both quit before the 4th quarter. Funny how people quite in MUT. Even when you lose you still get coins.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #413
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

How does the infinity engine feel on the XB1 vs PS4,any notable differences? feels like the PS4 version has it tuned down o almost nothing vs the 360 version. im not seeing much of the things I liked about it before but im still seeing alot of things I didn't like (mushy, wonkiness). On the 360 it felt like I had gang tackling because the physics were tuned so well. now any time the third defender gets there the first defender pops off.

does the XB1 handle some of these things any better?

Last edited by TeeDogg; 11-30-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #414
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
It does have better control on xbox but its almost too easy. I love the feel of the ps4 Madden much more realistic if you ask me. Plus it looks so much better!! People that act like it doesn't must not have good tvs anyway.
Actually the defensive control is not much better on the Xbox 1. The game control is a bit more responsive I guess because of familiarity with the controller, but don't be fooled about claims about better defensive control because it is not any different.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #415
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
How does the infinity engine feel on the XB1 vs PS4,any notable differences? feels like the PS4 version has it tuned down o almost nothing vs the 360 version. im not seeing much of the things I liked about it before but im still seeing alot of things I didn't like (mushy, wonkiness). On the 360 it felt like I had gang tackling because the physics were tuned so well. now any time the third defender gets there the first defender pops off.

does the XB1 handle some of these things any better?
Funny how the Infinity Engine has been scaled back over the last couple of years where I see a lot of defenders hit the pile, but there are fewer scrums. That is a big letdown. I thought we were done with that. This is why I get frustrated with this title: any real progress slowly regresses over the years, to point we are asking for things we thought should have been in the game already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-30-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #416
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Funny how the Infinity Engine has been scaled back over the last couple of years where I see a lot of defenders hit the pole, but there are fewer scrums. That is a big letdown. I thought we were done with that. This is why I get frustrated with this title: any real progress slowly regresses over the years, to point we are asking for things we thought should have been in the game already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
What's really puzzeling is all the things I didn't like about are still all over the place lol. Man I tell you on the 360 with the right sliders I was blown away with what I was getting. I was seeing things every game I'd never saw in a game before. And it was well done. Maybe I just haven't found the slider sweet spot yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »