Home

Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing Madden 25 Next Gen
Yes, I feel better now after playing it 65 59.09%
It hasn't changed, I need to see more 21 19.09%
I have less hope now 24 21.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2014, 01:12 AM   #57
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

For the first time since Madden 10, I feel like it plays a fundamentally good game of football. Not perfect by any means, but it's starting to feel more like a football simulation. What I love most is how players are finally starting to move with a sense of weight and momentum.

With a good foundation now, I feel like EA can finally start to fix the problems that have plagued this series: incredibly stale and unfocused presentation, lack of penalties, boring commentary, lack of animations.

Just so long as they focus their resources on these core issues (and not on developing gimmicks to woo casual gamers), I think we could be in for a Madden renaissance.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 AM   #58
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I tried to play with that low qb accuracy but it was too restrictive for my tastes. What am I doing wrong?
For me, I had to adjust to thinking like a quarterback. For so many years, Madden at default never punished the user. We all know the timeless strategy of snapping the ball and immediately running back 20 yards with the quarterback before attempting a pass. That lead to many bad habits for me. With Madden NG, I'm learning the process of being a pocket quarterback. I'm learning the process of using the evade button, a feature I never used previously in Madden or 2K. My first instinct was always to run.

I'm also learning to count to three as soon as the ball is snap and making sure I make a decision before or when I get to three because holding the ball longer than that leads to a sack, just like in the real NFL. I'm also very mindful of how my quarterback is positioned when I throw the ball, making sure my feet are set. I know that if I throw on the run -- a strategy I used 75 percent of the time in NCAA without consequence -- chances are the ball is not going to be on target unless I'm using a quarterback with a high Throw on the Run rating. I like it like this. Like the previous poster mentions, it's not a perfect game, but it does present a fundamentally sound game of football once you get used to the subtle changes and realize that it's not the same Madden we've been playing despite its close resemblance .
Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #59
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

one issue i am having with the accuracy being too low (at least on my end) is that my guy will miss wide open passes 2 yards downfield without being pressured by more than 5 yards. It's terrible, and it's not realistic in the slightest bit. He also sometimes underthrows a 5 yard curl by several yards to where it just hits the ground near the Line of Scrimmage. Regardless of how i think, there are just some absolutely terrible throws out there, and I'm usually the guy that runs more dinks and dunks than anything. plus while you read something, the game reads an entirely different thing resulting in more errant passes. it gets real frustrating seeing a huge gap in the coverage only for your guy to throw directly into the coverage and get picked because Madden decided that was the best spot to throw.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 5

There is absolutely nothing fundamentally sound about madden football. Nothing. Like the previous poster stated, it would be pointless to put up vids and screens of all the warps tears glitches etc. Nobody cares. This is the NBA Live of football.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 11

Wow, didn't know so many people disliked this game. I'm having a ball with it. I haven't bought Madden since Madden 10..maybe? I can't remember.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

In my opinion, out all the launch sports titles I'm liking Madden the best. 2k would be the best but it's literally broken and I returned it.

Dang I feel for you guys, but I'm really enjoying myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

I did not play Madden since 2005 until November 15th, 2013.

I think the game is kinda good.

I was Shocked !!!-

I hope Madden continues to Improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »