Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One)

How do you throw the ball away?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
How do you throw the ball away?
Click the right analogue stick or read the Manuel . Lol
Old 11-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Click the right analogue stick or read the Manuel . Lol
Yeah, I found out how to access the menu, but forgot to comment on my post. lol
Old 11-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Alright, like the previous poster I am going to first state that I own current gen madden and have probably played over 100 games on that. After 4 games on Next Gen....2 Online against a random opponent and 2 offline on All Madden level here are my initial impressions.

-Plus

1. Running game is very realistic. Averaged between 4-5 yards a carry in both games. Loved the new tip toe the sideline feature.

2. CPU defense, i really felt challenged right from the start. As a matter of fact I fell behind 14-0 in the Super Bowl demo while my game was installing. Zones are tighter and pass rush is legit.

-Minus

1. PLAYER MODELS...they are absolutely horrible. You can tell that this was some kind of port or transfer because it almost looks like the players were copied and pasted on your screen. The "jaggies" make Madden 25 NG look terrible. I honestly felt like I was looking at Xbox 360 player models or worse.

2. Commentary...still the same old tired commentary. You can only take the announcers saying the same thing over and over before it gets old. The madden team needs to take a lesson on this.

-Plus

1. No lag at all in the 2 games I played. The game was very responsive and it actually felt like I was playing offline.

2. It seems like the game keeps a lot more stats for user vs user games than CG.

-Minus

1. QB can still drop back 25 yards and throw the ball. So lame.

2. Run Game can be easily abused. I played a user who played as the Redskins.....Alfred Morris carried the ball 12 times for 286 yards against the Seahawks? His main technique was to run a dive or off tackle play straight at the line then cut 90 degrees straight towards the sidelines and just outrun the defense. Very frustrating. I think the run game may be overpowered on All Pro Level....the default for online games.

Overall Score so far........ 5.5/10. Maybe it's the fact that the game feels old to me after playing so much CG. Or maybe I'm just disappointed in EA's lack of effort in what was supposed to be a 2 YEAR development cycle. So was Madden 25 also developed for 2 years? Because it is almost exactly the same game. If you have current gen, I would not buy this game.

Finally, I have a funny story about beating a cheeser in one of my online games. I was playing an online game and up 21-14 with one minute to go in the 4th QTR. This guy had been cheesing it up all game.....went for it on every 4th down, did an onside kick every chance he got, if I audibles to onside recover he would squib it deep and my returner struggled to come up and recover the ball, he ran hurry up the whole game....you get the point. Anyways the situation was as follows, I'm up 21-14, my ball on the opponents 7 yard line, 4th and inches, 1 minute left in the game....I do the smart thing and line up for the FG, of course my opponent lines up on the far right side of the formation to go for the block, I snap the ball and his guy comes cruising in and blocks the kick, I was so p*ssed, low and behold there was a penalty and I thought surely it was offsides....it wasn't, it was roughing the kicker. So this guy blocks my kick and gets called for roughing the kicker. Is that even possible? I don't think so LOL. So the glitcher got beat by a glitch. I accepted the penalty and downed the ball twice to end the game. Honestly, it was probably the wrong thing to do and I would never do that against a true sim player but this guy had it coming. I don't know how much more CHEESE I can take online. Every single person feels the need to go for it on 4th down and abuse money plays and glitches.....it is sad. Sorry about my rant, enjoy your Madden on Xbox 1.

Alright, I'm back again to update my impressions. Now, I have played approximately 15-20 games. About half online and half off.

First things first, the new True Step feature, may possibly be the best addition to a Madden in the last 10 years. If you like a good run game, True Step will provide it. You have to read and follow your blocks, be patient on the use of the speed burst, and make good cuts......it is absolutely awesome with a good set of sliders.

Secondly, the return of the defense, there are very few cheap plays on All Madden level. You must be able to read the coverage or you will get picked or sacked. As a previous poster said, know your hot routes. Also, you have to swallow your pride sometimes and check it down to the back out of the backfield or tight end and just punt the ball.

Finally, I stated in my initial impression that there was no lag on the online user vs user games. I was wrong. I have definitely encountered some lag issues. One would think with a new system and probably new servers this would see a drastic improvement.

In my initial impression I gave this game a 5.5/10. After further review I am bumping that up to a 7.5/10. My bump was based solely on gameplay.....drastic improvements were made for those of us that enjoy a good sim-style game. If they hold what they got and just improve on other things next year this game could be exceptional.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Still not ready to give full impressions yet but the more I play it the more I'm starting to see current gen problems.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Still not ready to give full impressions yet but the more I play it the more I'm starting to see current gen problems.
You're on the wrong system bro lol j/k,

Please elaborate on what you see man, I would like to try and see if the devs can and will address any of these issues before the adoption rate on nex gen consoles becomes that of the PS360. As of right now, online play is basically what it should of always been. Its actually fun and safe to play online due to new tech in the gameplay department. U will get some to get away with some crap but im sure it can be countered but running into these morons is like winning a free ticket on a scratcher.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You're on the wrong system bro lol j/k,

Please elaborate on what you see man, I would like to try and see if the devs can and will address any of these issues before the adoption rate on nex gen consoles becomes that of the PS360. As of right now, online play is basically what it should of always been. Its actually fun and safe to play online due to new tech in the gameplay department. U will get some to get away with some crap but im sure it can be countered but running into these morons is like winning a free ticket on a scratcher.
Right now it's the coverage. Zone I can't really say, but man coverage still gets torn up by curl curl, out out. I'm not one to complain too much about man coverage because I don't run it all that much anyways, but I would like to run it sometimes with my 95 man coverage rating CB at least blanketing someone instead he just keeps backing up off the route like CG. Also the buzz zones on the short side of the field the player does not go all the way out to the side line just like CG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #32
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

HAs anyone noticed that at times when you change your difficulty level in the game options the "player" the player skill sliders do not always set properly in the player skill options? You actually have to go back to game options and switch to another skill level and then back to teh skill level you desire...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »