Home

PS4 or Xbox One Version?

This is a discussion on PS4 or Xbox One Version? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS4 or Xbox One Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD
Get it for the Wii U.

#ImABeast
I love the Wii U version because when you sack the quarterback coins pop out of him and when you get 100 you get an extra down.(There is no Wii U version this is a joke.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #42
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patthekid
i had madden for ps4 last week i traded it in and used my 360 version to power up to xbox one version. Ps4 version was crystal clear and really smooth, the Xb1 version players look a little blury and it doesn't look as sharp to me. Im kinda frustrated cuz i like the kinect and the coachglass but the ps4 version seemed noticeably better to me. Anybody know if i need to adjust settings on my xbox or something? Because i hear everyone saying they are identical where they weren't to me at all.

Calibrate your TV with the XB1 in settings but first change the pixel bits from 24 to 36 in your display settings, this noticeably improved every game I played
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #43
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by patthekid
i had madden for ps4 last week i traded it in and used my 360 version to power up to xbox one version. Ps4 version was crystal clear and really smooth, the Xb1 version players look a little blury and it doesn't look as sharp to me. Im kinda frustrated cuz i like the kinect and the coachglass but the ps4 version seemed noticeably better to me. Anybody know if i need to adjust settings on my xbox or something? Because i hear everyone saying they are identical where they weren't to me at all.
I agree bro, if you have a good 120hz 1080p tv its not even close. The PS4 is by far a better looking game. The controls are more sensitive on xbox but the looks are much better on PS4. Really its not even close when playing with zoomed cam.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #44
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Can someone please post some screenshots or video,showing the differences?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
Just started!

OVR: 0

I don't understand why there is still a debate, PS4 is quite a bit more powerfull, therefore games will look better, but x1 still looks good, it's not a big deal. For me Remote play makes the ps4 a no brainer. Plus I prefer sony's first party exclusives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #46
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

Vague statements like PS4 is more powerful so they look better makes me believe that people just look at paper and say it's better.

While you're right that, on paper, the PS4 is slightly more powerful in terms of raw computing power, Madden 25 was developed for both consoles. In order for developers to make it a noticeable difference, they would have to custom develop Madden for each console individually. They are simply not going to do that as higher quality = more cost =/= ROI because people on either console are going to buy Madden regardless. They are not going to necessarily "gain" more Madden purchases and would be at a loss for their project.

The battle will not be with multi-platform games, but rather with the exclusives. X1 has an enormous opportunity to grab a chunk of market share with Titanfall, a completely new exclusive as far as consoles go, for the X1. With hype, awards generated at E3, and it's "freshness" that can capture a new group of gamers, that will be the next big pitch-and-swing in the NG console market. You better believe that will run 1080p@60frames or it will be for nothing.

Back to Madden, Buddy of mine brought his PS4 and Madden over to work and I brought the X1. Not a noticeable difference in real-time unless you like to pause, look at screens, compare the little details. Frankly, why bother? Both play smooth on the PS4/X1.

Like it has been mentioned, it's about your preference on the controller and if SmartGlass makes a difference for you.

I will say this. I live in the Pacific and I have no lag thanks to X1's powerful cloud service (this goes for Battlefield 4 too).
Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #47
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
Vague statements like PS4 is more powerful so they look better makes me believe that people just look at paper and say it's better.

While you're right that, on paper, the PS4 is slightly more powerful in terms of raw computing power, Madden 25 was developed for both consoles. In order for developers to make it a noticeable difference, they would have to custom develop Madden for each console individually. They are simply not going to do that as higher quality = more cost =/= ROI because people on either console are going to buy Madden regardless. They are not going to necessarily "gain" more Madden purchases and would be at a loss for their project.

The battle will not be with multi-platform games, but rather with the exclusives. X1 has an enormous opportunity to grab a chunk of market share with Titanfall, a completely new exclusive as far as consoles go, for the X1. With hype, awards generated at E3, and it's "freshness" that can capture a new group of gamers, that will be the next big pitch-and-swing in the NG console market. You better believe that will run 1080p@60frames or it will be for nothing.

Back to Madden, Buddy of mine brought his PS4 and Madden over to work and I brought the X1. Not a noticeable difference in real-time unless you like to pause, look at screens, compare the little details. Frankly, why bother? Both play smooth on the PS4/X1.

Like it has been mentioned, it's about your preference on the controller and if SmartGlass makes a difference for you.

I will say this. I live in the Pacific and I have no lag thanks to X1's powerful cloud service (this goes for Battlefield 4 too).
I disagree, pretty big difference on a good tv that's 50 inch plus.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
I disagree, pretty big difference on a good tv that's 50 inch plus.
Thing is though,you don't need a "50in plus" TV to see a big difference...the only way you would see a big difference,is if somebody was playing on anything less than 42in and also factor in said TV being calibrated and also seating distance.

Somebody with a smaller than 42in TV might say the pic is blurry or they cannot see the "smaller details",this could come down to the factors I listed above (calibration,sitting distance)...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 11-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »