Home

PS4 or Xbox One Version?

This is a discussion on PS4 or Xbox One Version? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #25
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: PS4 or Xbox One Version?

I played the PS4 version for a few hours and haven't noticed any stuttering or slow down. The entire experience was silky smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd love to know how you guys claim the One is smoother?

My Madden for PS4 couldn't be any smoother...

I think you just prefer your console of choice and you let yourself believe that.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #27
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
i also have PS4 and XBOX ONE , played both maddens for a few hours today and i will say that the PS4 has better graphics just looks smoother without the jaggies that XBOX ONE has, not that the xbox one looks bad its just that the ps4 doesn't have the little jaggies. As far as game play they both played smooth to me didn't see any frame rate problems on either system. To me it comes down to which controller u like better , i myself like the xbox one controller better. When i have friends and company over I'll be playing on ps4, but when its just me xbox one. Hope that helps some of u guys.
So you are saying that on Xbox One there is no anti-aliasing whatsoever?

The PS4 has silky smooth edges and the X1, as a next-gen console, is riddled with jaggies whereas the PS4 is not?

I plan on going with the X1 due to the controller myself, but I find it hard to believe that the X1 would be riddled with jaggies whereas the PS4 is the only system with any sort of anti-aliasing.

Can anyone with the Xbox One version confirm the prevalence of noticeable jaggies?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmen
So you are saying that on Xbox One there is no anti-aliasing whatsoever?

The PS4 has silky smooth edges and the X1, as a next-gen console, is riddled with jaggies whereas the PS4 is not?

I plan on going with the X1 due to the controller myself, but I find it hard to believe that the X1 would be riddled with jaggies whereas the PS4 is the only system with any sort of anti-aliasing.

Can anyone with the Xbox One version confirm the prevalence of noticeable jaggies?
i have both version 1st if all you have is xb1 or ps4 you should not care..2nd xb1 has AA issues or lack there of...3rd that AA make it look less then a carbon copy with is why some say ps4 looks better...4th the xb1 is brighter but that makes the lack of AA stand out...good game all around....enjoy it man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #29
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Leave it up to whatever controller you prefer.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Not specifically a Madden issue, but some tests of other games on both systems, consistently shows that the Xbox One (on cross platform games) seems to exhibit some minor aliasing in areas that the PS4 does not. Having said this, there are some instances where both titles have aliasing on fine details or diagonal lines. However, the PS4 is slightly less noticeable than the Xbox One. So there appears to be some minor bit of anti-aliasing on the PS4 that is a little better.

Now....how that affects MAdden.....I don't know. But it seems to be a general trend in cross platform titles. I am sure the console specific games will better handle this on the Xbox, since it is written, and optimized for that platform.

Still....I think the xbone looks great unless you are "pixel-peeping" and looking for this minor issue. I am on the PS4 myself however.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is simple. I played a bunch of games on both. They play identical.

PS4 = Great game.

Xbox One = Great game with coach glass.

Coach glass is fantastic so if you are deciding and have a device to use coach glass go with Xbox one.

If you do not have a device for coach glass go with whatever best fits your situation. You can't lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
MVP

^^^^^^^^i can dig this....wish ps4 had coach glass....i like the DS4 so i play more on ps4

Last edited by ultralow36; 11-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »