Home

Still No 'Cold' Weather Option

This is a discussion on Still No 'Cold' Weather Option within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Still No 'Cold' Weather Option

I really love the game, I think the new '6:30' time is truly the games lighting system at it's finest. But as a strictly online player, it REALLY irks me that there still isn't a 'Cold' weather option. It's either 70 and Sunny, or Snow. Is there something that could be done to get this patched in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Still No 'Cold' Weather Option

While it would be nice, I'm not sure what the point would be to add this if they don't add detrimental weather effects with it i.e. increased difficulty in the passing game if it's a freaking monsoon outside. Your right in bringing it up though. One of the many on a long list of "little things" or "small details" that need to be added to make the game more immersive.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

I been saying this for 5 years at least. why does NCAA Football have this option but NOT Madden? inexcusable imo, it cant be that hard.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
I really love the game, I think the new '6:30' time is truly the games lighting system at it's finest. But as a strictly online player, it REALLY irks me that there still isn't a 'Cold' weather option. It's either 70 and Sunny, or Snow. Is there something that could be done to get this patched in?
It should be completely dark by halftime.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

During your madden season you can see the vapor of the players breathing when it's cold which looks nice. I've always wondered why they wouldn't allow it to he changed during online games..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I remember on one of the NFL2k's on dreamcast, forgive me for not knowing high one...but I played at soldier field at night and it just felt cold looking at the game. Player breath (which ea has) but the ground seemed wet and kind of frost covered and that strange cold weather steam haze was present and the lighting was so killer too, it had that sort of gloomy light they have at that field.

This is where next gen needs to go. Very unique weather throughout the season. If they want to keep TWC integration so be it. Just have many more variations to the weather. My guess is it's coming but who really knows?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

Just give us a 'choose temperature' option. For play now and online. thats all we need. PLEASE! should take 2 secs. It has been in tons of previous maddens.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
Just give us a 'choose temperature' option. For play now and online. thats all we need. PLEASE! should take 2 secs. It has been in tons of previous maddens.
And they have had a slider for precipitation also.....so depending on how far you slid it, you would get varying degrees of Rain or Snow. Heck....I remember in Madden 08 for PC where it would rain in the first half and dry up in the second half. Granted it changed by quarter but it was better than not changing at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »