Home

Made Mediocre/Bad QBs Play That Way

This is a discussion on Made Mediocre/Bad QBs Play That Way within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Made Mediocre/Bad QBs Play That Way

This thread is specifically focusing on the QB. I have played over 100 ranked matches on both the 360 and Xbox One combined and there is damn near zero difference in Tom Brady and Josh Johnson as passers. Guys like Terrelle Pryor, Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, etc are extremely accurate and of course they're very mobile.

I'm not exaggerating in the least when I say I would EASILY take a QB like Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor or EJ Manuel over a guy like Tom Brady 10/10. They're way too good and effective in Madden.

This is not really a complaint thread, but it's something that needs to be addressed. There should be a head and shoulders difference between a 15 yard out route thrown by Drew Brees and one thrown by Josh Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Made Mediocre/Bad QBs Play That Way

There is a small difference that effects the game in a big way. If you have a low accuracy QB, even if you make a perfect decision, the game will decide you need an interception and just throw the ball to a defender like he is the receiver.

I've had this happen to me a few times with Jeff Tuel and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
There should be a head and shoulders difference between a 15 yard out route thrown by Drew Brees and one thrown by Josh Johnson.
Rhetorical question, what is that difference in real life? A perfect throw would have good velocity and would lead the receiver. A poor throw would be behind the receiver or would have too much arc. A horrible throw would be uncatchable.

We see the difference between perfect and horrible, set QB ACC to a low number. We don't see the poor throw often enough unless using a crap player like Tebow, and even then it is rare.

This is a subtle difference and the only way we are going to see this is if the rating system for players is totally overhauled by EA.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Rhetorical question, what is that difference in real life? A perfect throw would have good velocity and would lead the receiver. A poor throw would be behind the receiver or would have too much arc. A horrible throw would be uncatchable.

We see the difference between perfect and horrible, set QB ACC to a low number. We don't see the poor throw often enough unless using a crap player like Tebow, and even then it is rare.

This is a subtle difference and the only way we are going to see this is if the rating system for players is totally overhauled by EA.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Part of the problem is the QBs literally are too accurate especially the bad ones. My 8 year old cousin was playing on Rookie and the CPU QB completed 8 passes in a row on him. He was playing DE so he wasn't affecting coverage.
2) the coverage is not tight enough, brady, bree, rogers, manning all have the ability to throw into tight windows that is accuracy. They can put a ball between 3 defenders. Guys like Pryor, Taylor, Manuel, etc. the coaches are first trying to get them to make the right decision. Then once they make the right decision delivering the ball accurately vs NFL coverage is a whole separate issue. In madden the only interceptions come from bad decisions. Not poorly thrown balls. Think about a Qb throwing a post route that is open but he puts too much on it. it goes over the WR head and into the arms of the DB in the deep zone. You rarely if ever (maybe once a cycle) see this happen in madden. LB are more likely to super jump in the air and get interception than the QB over throwing his target down field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »