Home

The ball needs to hit the ground.

This is a discussion on The ball needs to hit the ground. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
The ball needs to hit the ground.

Seriously, the ball never seems to just hit the ground on pass plays. It is either caught, intercepted or deflected. It never just misses. Was just playing a game as the Titans using Fitzpatrick, had a guy come wide open over the middle, now his ratings kick in and because he has bad accuracy the game decides to flail the ball 20 yards beyond the receiver to the linebacker as though the backer was running a curl. If his accuracy rating is supposed to be bad, he should throw high, or low, or lead the receiver too far but he shouldn't just throw to the complete opposite side of the field.

I wish I had replayed it rather than quitting, but that is just insane. Even Fitzpatrick doesn't just throw 20 yards in front of the receiver. Over his head, maybe, but not laterally.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The ball needs to hit the ground.

agreed. this is one of my biggest issues with this game. well, its on a long list, but it makes the game incredibly unrealistic to me, the same problem was there in m25 360. yet you can still go on APF, see amazing man coverage from one simple boost, and tell the actual difference between one player and the next, while seeing the ball actually hit the ground the way it does in real life

they have failed to replicate this in madden. Pick. Catch. Drop. that's about all you get in this game. drives me nuts
Old 12-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Seriously, the ball never seems to just hit the ground on pass plays. It is either caught, intercepted or deflected. It never just misses. Was just playing a game as the Titans using Fitzpatrick, had a guy come wide open over the middle, now his ratings kick in and because he has bad accuracy the game decides to flail the ball 20 yards beyond the receiver to the linebacker as though the backer was running a curl. If his accuracy rating is supposed to be bad, he should throw high, or low, or lead the receiver too far but he shouldn't just throw to the complete opposite side of the field.

I wish I had replayed it rather than quitting, but that is just insane. Even Fitzpatrick doesn't just throw 20 yards in front of the receiver. Over his head, maybe, but not laterally.
I disagree I've seen on numerous plays the CPU would throw a ground ball in front of the receiver or out of bounds when the right pressure is on them!!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The game just needs a real ball physics and placement engine. No band -aids will help remedy the real issues.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I disagree I've seen on numerous plays the CPU would throw a ground ball in front of the receiver or out of bounds when the right pressure is on them!!
I was playing last night, my first reg season game with the bucs vs Geno and the Jets, I get pressure on Geno he threw too far in front of crossing routes and boom ball hits the ground. It happened a few times with him and hell me too with Glennon.

I don't know what the others are talking about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

I'd definitely trade some INTs for passes that land in the grass.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this but in some of the later PS2 Maddens I believe there was a mechanic to throw the ball away, but into the direction of an intended receiver. That way you could still throw the ball away from the pocket without risking grounding. I want to say it was maybe around 07/08.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this again, especially if the CPU QBs would use it.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Banned

alichu's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive seen the ball hit the ground numerous times too...
I was actually playing someone a few days ago and the guy complained because the pressure my dline was causing him to throw it in the ground and overthrow his receivers lol
Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Of the total incompletions I have witnessed, the ball hitting the turf, inbounds, is about 5% maybe.

The ball just, more often than not, is deflected, caught, or thrown out of bounds. The other option, which I don't really consider a pass, is when you hit the QB and the ball just kinda hovers for a moment, then hits the ground.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »