Home

Do custom playbooks actually work in CFM?

This is a discussion on Do custom playbooks actually work in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

OVR: 2
Do custom playbooks actually work in CFM?

After scanning through some posts I've read horror stories about people using custom playbooks then getting that dreaded error code and having their game all messed up after that. So if I created one then used it should I be ok or just not even bother with it? I'm a coach in a offline CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do custom playbooks actually work in CFM?

no problems here. I think you should be fine.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

I've had minimal problems with mine. I think if you want to play online in your league or have a good laugh against some randoms online than you just need to scroll through a few books and then back to your custom book at the advancd menue and it works fine.

Tip: Us the West Coast Playbook as your base and you can take it all the way down to 1 play without issue by deleting everything. I would suggest starting with a set in shotgun that you want first in that formation and put some playes in it and then delete all the other plays/formations and you'll just have that 1 formation to start with. If you delete all the shotgun formations and then add them later you'll end up with all your shotgun formations under the Hailmarry formation so don't delet them all.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

Thanks guys. I think I'll try and make one today and see how it goes. There was just a update that downloaded so hopefully that will help. Can't find any specific details all EA said on Twitter was the usual "stability improvements". Hopefully they fixed the bug where if you resumed a game some stats would be missing.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I had one instance where the playbook disappeared and i couldn't select a play. Then the team never broke the huddle but ran in place in a circle the entire play.

I quit the game, started over, and haven't had a single problem since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
I had one instance where the playbook disappeared and i couldn't select a play. Then the team never broke the huddle but ran in place in a circle the entire play.

I quit the game, started over, and haven't had a single problem since.
Every time a create a D or O playbook, it will work for a few games, then like you, my playbook is empty, but my defenders will run up to the line of scrimmage, but will stay in a huddle formation and will be facing the side line.

Once this happens I know my playbook is broke, casue if I go the edit the play book my system will always crash.

It got so bad that my PS4 would start to encounter all kinds of crashes due the to cpb. I had to delete all my games and rebuild my library, but when I did that I could not save any of my game progress, I ended up having to reinstall the PS4 software and start from scratch. I tried to create a cpb again but crashed again.

on a side note, for CPB, whey they don't also have an empty playbook for those of us who want to totally create a custom playbook. They make it so difficult, cause you can't really delete all the play's as some are situational and it just takes too much time to find them and delete them.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

OK. So don't use CPB's then?

That's too bad, I was hoping they would deliver on this.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

Alright maybe on a second thought I won't make one lol. It's so pathetic that EA can't even get something like this sorted out. I can understand a few bugs here and there but something like this? They have no excuses. I don't want to hear about the short development cycle when they could just hire more people. They make enough money off FIFA's ultimate team alone to fund whole countries let alone some extra staff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »