Home

Just picked up a copy of madden 25, a couple questions

This is a discussion on Just picked up a copy of madden 25, a couple questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just picked up a copy of madden 25, a couple questions

Is their a way to farm in ultimate team? Or are the packs kind of cheap, like not as bad as nba 2k where i should just use my own money?

When i am getting killed by the run should i blitz play zone or man? and what about passing also blitz zone or man? sorry dont know much about football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Just picked up a copy of madden 25, a couple questions

also whats best pack to buy
Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Rookie

thanks for the help everyone i very much appreciate it
Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm far from a football guru but on your questions on playing pass and run.

What I tend to do is I like to select plays with a combination of man and zone on 1st and 2nd downs.

When I know for sure chances are high for a pass play, or the CPU has been tearing me apart with passes I'll play a lot more zone. And if it's the CPU's running that I'm having trouble with I'll use more man coverage.

Blitzing to me is all about the circumstances and willingness to take risks. If you are playing safe then you won't blitz a lot, if you want to be aggresive then you'll blitz alot.

I tend to blitz very often. Especially when suspecting a run I'll blitz a bit more, and once in a while on a passing situation I'll bring the heat and try to take the QB down before he can get the ball out.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
I'm far from a football guru but on your questions on playing pass and run.

What I tend to do is I like to select plays with a combination of man and zone on 1st and 2nd downs.

When I know for sure chances are high for a pass play, or the CPU has been tearing me apart with passes I'll play a lot more zone. And if it's the CPU's running that I'm having trouble with I'll use more man coverage.

Blitzing to me is all about the circumstances and willingness to take risks. If you are playing safe then you won't blitz a lot, if you want to be aggresive then you'll blitz alot.

I tend to blitz very often. Especially when suspecting a run I'll blitz a bit more, and once in a while on a passing situation I'll bring the heat and try to take the QB down before he can get the ball out.
Thanks man, for some reason i though man was better for passes, but i hardly watch football so i dont know much. But ill definetly try your way! so far im 4-1 in ultimate team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #6
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario210
Thanks man, for some reason i though man was better for passes, but i hardly watch football so i dont know much. But ill definetly try your way! so far im 4-1 in ultimate team.
No prob man, but like I say. I'm definitely not a football guru!

In real life the receivers skillset and size will also make a difference in whether to play man or zone etc.

But in Madden that doesn't really matter that much.

Last edited by R9NALD9; 12-20-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

For MUT, you can buy packs. I would suggest if you are buying packs with real money. That you set a number up front and buy a bundle. Buying individual packs will cost you more. But also for $20.00 you get 1 guaranteed elite player (90+) will boost your team or can be sold on the auction house for coin which becomes essential to moving forward without real money. Be honest with yourself about your level of commitment to the mode upfront so you can get the most out of your money.

If you are not buying packs with cash. I would say start with the solo season challenges there is about 64 total (1/2 season for each team). you get about 13k and 1 pack reward (1st half of season is player pack, 2nd half of season is coin pack).There are 8 games in each half set 3min quarters on pro and all pro level. If you set the playclock run down to 10-12 seconds and run the football you can complete an 8 game set in about 1.5 hours. it's a grind but if you are playing to avoid spending real money that is what you have to do.

-----

Stopping the run. they all work depending on what the player you are playing likes to run. i've noticed that zone can be better for stoping the run simply because in zone your LBs actually maintain gap integrity since their initial action is to drop back. In man they have a tendency to run to a blocker, because he is his assignment and lost gap integrity. Just be ready to switch quickly if it doesn't work. Dont keep running man D or blitzing because "it should work".

Last edited by dghustla; 12-20-2013 at 11:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »