Home

I can't figure out the cause of this (stats)

This is a discussion on I can't figure out the cause of this (stats) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Banned

IrishFrank's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't figure out the cause of this (stats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just finished my first season in Madden 25 with the Bears and I was looking over some statistics for the season. I noticed my leading tackler had somewhere in the neighborhood of 80+ tackles. As I skimmed through the other teams and looked at the NFL leaders I noticed that the majority of teams had guys with 100+ tackles and the league leaders had around 150. I remember this being an issue on the last Madden I played all the way back in 2005. I've been thinking and trying to figure out why I don't have any defensive players with realistic tackle totals.

It doesn't make a lot of sense because I play, on average, the correct number of plays each game that are played in a real game. I haven't done the math but I'd be surprised if my team has fewer total tackles than any other team. I suppose I just don't have one dominant player, perhaps my tackles are spread out more evenly throughout my team. Has anyone else notices or experienced this? More importantly, is there something I can do to create more realistic tackle totals for my top-tier players.

Also, I'm wondering if the game does not calculate sacks or assisted tackles into the totals. I led the league in sacks with 84 (I know, that's a lot and in fact is a new NFL record). Maybe that accounts for the misleading totals. Either way, something is off with these numbers and I'm thinking it could possibly be a calculation issue with the game.
Your stats are correct. Idiots like peanut Tillman for example were taught to go go for strips and punches instead of tackles. That's why the Bears are losers.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #10
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFrank
Your stats are correct. Idiots like peanut Tillman for example were taught to go go for strips and punches instead of tackles. That's why the Bears are losers.
I really hope you're kidding. Tillman has been injured most of the season but has been one of the best corners in the league for years. The Bears defense is terrible this year because well, let see...

Brian Urlacher retired. Lance Briggs is injured. Charles Tillman is injured. Henry Melton is injured. D.J. Williams is injured. The list goes on and on. And yet they're still a couple wins away from making the playoffs. Pretty remarkable if you ask me. Anyway, back on topic.

PMO, hopefully they can fix this next year. I don't think that those days are "gone." It's just a matter of the developers fixing the issue.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Rookie

Well, if you set the NFL record for most sacks, odds are the computer is going 3 and out a lot, correct? For me, I dominate ToP and the computer rarely runs as many plays as they should. They get 3 plays and are done, and are usually sacked or have an incomplete pass. Therefore, not many tackles happening
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
"Idiots like Peanut Tillman"...

He's one of the more intelligent players in the league and a nice guy (met him in March 2010). If I were you, I'd refrain from such juvenile couch potato commentary.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
PMO, going back to your thoughts. You might be onto something with the game's problem(s) recording assisted tackles. I don't know how many assists a player racks up in a typical NFL game but I'm going to guess it's more than what we get in a game that we play on Madden 25.

I know there are many times where there are multiple players in on tackles. Shouldn't they all receive an assist for that? I'm not entirely sure how it works but I'm willing to bet if the assists were calculated correctly we'd see more realistic stats in games that we play.
What's your time of possession compared to others teams? Another factor could be if you're on the field longer with your offense.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #14
Banned

120 - 130 total plays per game Bro.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHorc
Well, if you set the NFL record for most sacks, odds are the computer is going 3 and out a lot, correct? For me, I dominate ToP and the computer rarely runs as many plays as they should. They get 3 plays and are done, and are usually sacked or have an incomplete pass. Therefore, not many tackles happening

This can be fixed with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Tillman is a damn good player and hardly the reason for the Bears defensive problems.He's been a good tackler and all the fumbles he caused over his career were a big asset to why the Bears have consistently been a top defensive team for around a decade except for this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »