Home

Are any of these areas improved in NG over CG?

This is a discussion on Are any of these areas improved in NG over CG? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Are any of these areas improved in NG over CG?

I'm considering picking up M25 for the Xbox One. I have it for the 360, so I'm not sure if I wanna spend the extra $$.

Is there any improvement in these areas?

-CPU teams practicing.
-white sleeves and Captains patches in rookie classes
-auto subs causing players to dissappear
-are graphics significantly better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Are any of these areas improved in NG over CG?

Just want to say this about graphics since I never paid attention to other questions you asked.

You're not gonna be blown away by any means. But I will say this. It is a HUGE improvement after you get to playing for a while.

The lighting is excellent for the most part
The colors are superb
The cutscenes are absolutely goregous in terms of graphics
Everything is so much smoother (including gameplay off and online)

The day games do look a lot better than others and the snow looks awesome as well.

Just don't come in expecting a monsterous change and you'll be more than satisfied. I know I am.

The game improves in almost every aspect and worth upgrading. From the foot planting (yes, swerving is done for 98%) to the improved defense (finally stopping the passing with the right calls)

Some might and will disagree but this is my opinion and I feel we are headed in the absolute right direction with this as an opening next gen game.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Rookie

jdawg26's Arena

OVR: 0

If you don't mind trading in your 360 version you can get the Xbox1 version for 10 bucks at gamestop
Old 12-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
-are graphics significantly better?
Better, yes. Significantly? I'd say no.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Better, yes. Significantly? I'd say no.
When you look at the PS3>PS4, the lighting, smoothness, sharpness, colors, etc. I would argue to say it is significantly. Not a whole new level that next gen will hopefully supply us with, but more than just "better"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

The day games do look a lot better than others and the snow looks awesome as well.
It looks great, it's just not realistic. I mean, sure there are blizzard games, but in Madden every single snow game is a blizzard, even light snow which is just weird.

Watching the Bears-Packers NFC North Title game, notice how there were mild flurries but they didn't stick to the ground? Also notice how the grass looked cold and browned-over dead? That entire scene is missing from Madden. What's a trip to me though is that an arcade football game like Blitz The League captured the scene perfectly. During late season, when you play a cold weather team in Blitz (like the New York Nightmare), you'll get a cold field with dead grass that looks just like what we saw on Sunday, and without snow blanketing the field. Midway aced that.

I'd like to see Tiburon make an effort to capture weather properly as they made practically no effort at all since the PS2 days, and honestly the PS2 version was much closer to the Bear-Packers example. It's either extreme or nothing in Madden these days.

Here are the weather settings we should be getting by now, because after all we live exactly in the time where the technology available leaves no excuse:

Cold (no snow), flurries (no coverage), Flurries & Mud, Light Snow, Heavy Snow.

For Rain:

Wet, Wet & Cold, Muddy, Muddy & Cold, Light Rain, Light Rain & Mud, Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain & Mud

Heck, you should be able to customize your weather at this point, should've had that last generation.

Coincidentally, some of the above settings actually did exist in prior Madden's and some other games. For example, in Madden 07 you could choose your temperature. Back in the 90's a few Madden's had some of those settings as well.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
When you look at the PS3>PS4, the lighting, smoothness, sharpness, colors, etc. I would argue to say it is significantly. Not a whole new level that next gen will hopefully supply us with, but more than just "better"
That's the thing though. Being in the new gen now, that whole new level should be a given without even having to think or ask about it.

A lot of people have struggled with not feeling like the upgrade graphically was much to write about. It's been a well talked about thing with the game. And while I do expect better, I could've lived with it more if the animations had gotten a true upgrade, but they didn't and that to me is the biggest drawback visually.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

OVR: 1

Graphically it is improved but not significantly at all. Colors look better as does the lighting, but that is it. Player models are the same exact model as their last gen counterparts. Some of the faces look even worse in next gen than last gen, and the game has the same exact animations as last gen. You won't much difference there. It plays a bit better but it's largely the same game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »