Home

The Little Things (Next Gen Edition)

This is a discussion on The Little Things (Next Gen Edition) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
The Little Things (Next Gen Edition)

This was always a fun thread to read through for current gen over the years, but I don't see one created for next-gen.

Essentially, this thread is for you to post about the little aspects of Madden that you feel make the game come alive, feel more immersive, things you find are nice little touches added to the game that increase realism, fun, and your overall enjoyment for Madden on the next gen consoles.

I'll start with a few little things I like so far:

1) Accurate helmets--finally, the 49ers helmets look nice. The Browns helmets have a faded orange in the daytime and a much darker hue in a dome. The Vikings and Seahawks helmets look truly matte. This looks great to me.

2) When I ran a screen pass one time, I heard the defensive players yelling "screen! screen! screen!" That may have been in Madden before, but I never heard it.

3) I like that, on next gen, players interact with each other better. I saw Josh Gordon catch a pass, get hit, spin, and run for a touchdown. Previous games, he would have been tackled before he spun.

4) Runners leaning. I love how when a ballcarrier is running, he will ever so subtley lean his body to get through a hole or move around his lineman.

5) Blocking. I'm not a person who plays Madden and studies whether a block is truly a block, or if it's suction blocking, or if it's guys just playing patty cake. But just going by the eye test, the blocking is hugely improved. First off, I can do play action fakes, which opens up the playbook. Second, I see things the offensive lineman do that I never saw before. One thing I particularly liked seeing was seeing my center, on a screen pay, dip only his right shoulder into a defender to pull off a chip block. It looked 100% realistic and believable. More than that, it was effective.

6) Replays. I like how replays have improved on next gen. They are smooth and truly show the action accurately. And unlike last year, they actually show replays of failed plays (like incomplete passes) rather than just ones that succeeded.

7) Commentary. Some people hate on the commentary--I actually think it's pretty good. Granted, they still keep talking about my head coach week after week after week. But I like that they break down the other team. And I especially like how they give you some updates on the previous week--how many turnovers your defense forced, or how many times your QB threw an interception. It could be fleshed out FAR more, but this is a little thing that makes me feel that the announcers are actually paying attention to my league.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 01-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Little Things (Next Gen Edition)

at the end of the game go to a replay and check out some of the players helmets...should see scuff marks the color of the opposing team

I also HATE the little specks of dirt that end up on everyone's face, its either that or every player has big brown freckles
Old 01-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

OH, I forgot one

I was playing as the eagles and Foles got hurt but ended up coming back into the game, for the rest of the game I couldn't call an audible or hot route. Everytime I would try he would like shake his head and the play would not change no matter what I did
Old 01-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

yea ive been through it i lost all 3 of my quarterbacks in one game before lol
Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Finally getting near the end of my first season. Last game at Candlestick and not only do Phil and Jim talk about it in the intro but they continue throughout the game. Thought that was a nice touch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
OH, I forgot one

I was playing as the eagles and Foles got hurt but ended up coming back into the game, for the rest of the game I couldn't call an audible or hot route. Everytime I would try he would like shake his head and the play would not change no matter what I did
is that really why that happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »