Home

Why Don't Guys Stay Injured?

This is a discussion on Why Don't Guys Stay Injured? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Why Don't Guys Stay Injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so does this mean as long as you have each spot in the depth chart , for each position , filled in then they will stay hurt? i mean could you have only 2 qbs on ur roster and set ut punter as ur third qb in depth chart , and the qbs inj stick then? same question for all other positions..... does anyone know if this would work so you dont have to have 3 qbs taking up roster space ? i normally only like to keep 2
I probably should have said roster instead of depth chart. Sorry for the confusion guys!

They have a required number at each position on your roster. Seems as long as thats all fulfilled, injured players stay injured.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I probably should have said roster instead of depth chart. Sorry for the confusion guys!

They have a required number at each position on your roster. Seems as long as thats all fulfilled, injured players stay injured.
so ur saying it has nothing to do with depth chart? but gotta have 3 qbs on roster, gotta have 6 wrs , gotta have 4 hbs etc? cause ive seen guys in my league with only 3 hbs ( while there are 4 spots in depth chart for it) and have a fb at the # 4 spot and their hbs stay hurt. so personally i feel like its a depth chart ( not being full) issue .i mean the game doesnt "require" you to have 3 qbs in order to play. however there are 3 spots for the qb position in the depth chart. id like someone to verify which one it really is . i hate friggin having 3 qbs , cause one is wasting a spot on my roster i could actually use.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so ur saying it has nothing to do with depth chart? but gotta have 3 qbs on roster, gotta have 6 wrs , gotta have 4 hbs etc? cause ive seen guys in my league with only 3 hbs ( while there are 4 spots in depth chart for it) and have a fb at the # 4 spot and their hbs stay hurt. so personally i feel like its a depth chart ( not being full) issue .i mean the game doesnt "require" you to have 3 qbs in order to play. however there are 3 spots for the qb position in the depth chart. id like someone to verify which one it really is . i hate friggin having 3 qbs , cause one is wasting a spot on my roster i could actually use.
Maybe so...

Im by no means an expert on this issue, I know Ive notcied it in my CFM and when I signed an extra body at that position it stopped happening.

But a definite answer would be helpful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
Maybe so...

Im by no means an expert on this issue, I know Ive notcied it in my CFM and when I signed an extra body at that position it stopped happening.

But a definite answer would be helpful
well i was just wondering, cause ur statement sounded like u was saying there was a "required" number of players needed for each position, but as far as i know you only are forced to have 1 player per position on roster. as far as a requirement, however i do know there is a set number of "spots/slots" in the depth chart for each position. the qb, having 3 spots, which is why i think some noticed if u only have 2 there , qb wont stay hurt. same for the wrs, if u only have 5 on ur team , and only 5 people set in the 6 spots in depth chart , i bet they wont stay hurt either. i mean you could put a cb in at the 6ths wr spot, and i think it would then fix the issue( by having all spots for wrs full in depth chart) and then wrs would stay hurt. again so far today ive been checking this in my own online cfm and ive noticed all the teams that have players who have sustained injuries for numerous weeks and are still out , ALL have their depth chart filled up at those players positions. however this doesnt mean u gotta have 6 wrs on roster and 6 in depth chart. i dont think the players actual position counts. i think its the number of bodies set for each position in depth chart. i have seen guys with 3 hbs and a fb as the last spot for hb in depth chart keep injuries. i will continue to check this info , however if anyone else can verify these findings sure would be nice!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OK, fellas, I think I figured this out. And I think it's sort of a mix of what people were talking about.

What I ended up doing was this: I noticed that my roster itself was mostly full, but I only had 1 fullback. So, the first thing I did was sign a backup full back.

The second thing I did was go into the depth chart and fill up ALL of the depth chart slots (aside from punter and kicker). So if it says you can have three deep in the HB position, I make sure all three slots are full. I do this for all the positions.

I also (although I think it's completely not related) upped the sliders to 52.

Played the game--had three injuries. One player got hurt and the game told me he could not come back. And he didn't. He was out for the game. The second guy got hurt, and I chose to have him sit out the game. He also didn't come back.

Then, my backup CB got hurt and he couldn't come back. Come to find out, it's a collarbone. Out ten weeks. He didn't come back.

Now, granted, after the game ended, I went into the injury section, and it said he's now only out for seven weeks rather than ten. I'll have to make sure this worked 100% by playing the NEXT game and making sure the guy doesn't return, but as is, I had three guys get hurt in my game who all, finally, stayed hurt and didn't return.

Try it out--might work for you.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
OK, fellas, I think I figured this out. And I think it's sort of a mix of what people were talking about.

What I ended up doing was this: I noticed that my roster itself was mostly full, but I only had 1 fullback. So, the first thing I did was sign a backup full back.

The second thing I did was go into the depth chart and fill up ALL of the depth chart slots (aside from punter and kicker). So if it says you can have three deep in the HB position, I make sure all three slots are full. I do this for all the positions.

I also (although I think it's completely not related) upped the sliders to 52.

Played the game--had three injuries. One player got hurt and the game told me he could not come back. And he didn't. He was out for the game. The second guy got hurt, and I chose to have him sit out the game. He also didn't come back.

Then, my backup CB got hurt and he couldn't come back. Come to find out, it's a collarbone. Out ten weeks. He didn't come back.

Now, granted, after the game ended, I went into the injury section, and it said he's now only out for seven weeks rather than ten. I'll have to make sure this worked 100% by playing the NEXT game and making sure the guy doesn't return, but as is, I had three guys get hurt in my game who all, finally, stayed hurt and didn't return.

Try it out--might work for you.
could you try only having two qbs on ur roster, then set the third option to the punter . and run with ur qb until he gets red and tired and see if he gets hurt and stays out and keeps injury after the week is over. just curious if that will still let qbs get hurt

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »