Home

Help with FL screens

This is a discussion on Help with FL screens within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1
Help with FL screens

I just met a guy who spammed FL screen on 80% of his plays. I could stop some of it, but in one of the 4 downs he almost always managed to block all my defender and run for 40-50 yards without problems.

I usually try to counter this moving a DE to purple, but sometimes I've no time to do it (he snapped immediately), and anyway some other times it doesn't work either.

Do you have an idea on how to stop this screen ? This kind of stuff is removing all my pleasure to play online...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help with FL screens

I found that playing press coverage is fairly effective at stopping it, but I haven't messed around with it too much.

Also, maybe trying to spread your dline to get them closer to the receivers and have them crash to the outside? (Use the left bumper for that)
Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2

You have to call man coverage to stop the FL screens or the makeshift HB screens as well. Also, put the defensive end in a flat zone towards the side of the screen. Man align along with fake press (down, y, y or down triangle , triangle). Should keep him at bay. Man defense disrupts the screen because your defense will man up with each individual player, thus lessening the chance of a wall of blockers in front of the flanker.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
I just met a guy who spammed FL screen on 80% of his plays. I could stop some of it, but in one of the 4 downs he almost always managed to block all my defender and run for 40-50 yards without problems.

I usually try to counter this moving a DE to purple, but sometimes I've no time to do it (he snapped immediately), and anyway some other times it doesn't work either.

Do you have an idea on how to stop this screen ? This kind of stuff is removing all my pleasure to play online...

I have also found that putting your DE in QB contain (not spy) helps with both FL screens and hb slip screens.
Also i feel like having your DB off of the line helps more than having his in press as long as he is aggressive on the snap. Otherwise press is your friend... also i would user the LB or DB that is covering the slot/TE that is going to block that outside cornerback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »