Home

Madden 15 news after Super Bowl

This is a discussion on Madden 15 news after Super Bowl within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 15 news after Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
seems like alot of he said / she said bs here. no one can really say for sure if ea got to renew exclusively or not, however id feel like if they got to renew, its gonna be exclusive. cant see it not being that way. If it was would be no reason to renew . as for the kid who claimed his friend talk to someone from nflpa, some odd reason im gonna call that bluff...... i dont buy it. id believe it when i saw it. and i dont see it and dont expect to. wish it was true, but i just dont see it, NFL is happy making the money its making from madden deal alone. i wouldnt hold my breathe. so once the facts actually come out , someone can post a real link.....
Uhhh a reason to renew without it being exclusive is to be able to use real players, teams, stadiums and uniforms. Exclusive or not there still needs to be a deal that allows EA to use the NFL and NFL players likeness.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #18
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
It was in fact renewed however EA has been hush hush over using the term "exclusive" which they have boasted about in the past. So right now we know EA will be making an NFL game but there is the slightest possibility that there will be completion either now or going forward.

Personally I've given up hope of ever seeing a football game made by any one other than EA
There will not be any competition, I don't think. I think they are being hush-hush about it simply because they don't want the bad publicity in right after a year already filled with it.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #19
Pro

Trick13's Arena

It is possible, though unlikely, that the NFL asked more than EA was willing to pay for "exclusive" rights. EA may have taken a calculated risk that any company wanting to jump into the market would be so far behind (if in no other way than "brand recognition") that it would be very unlikely for any company to do so.

Correct me if I am wrong - but it seems like sports games are dying off at a pretty good clip. Companies are shutting down games that are not highly profitable - so with that being the market condition EA could conceivably have decided that "exclusive" was not worth the investment.

Admittedly that is 100 percent speculation, but I am excited just by the mere mention of someone other than EA having a shot at NFL video gaming...
Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

As of right now no one has any idea if EA and the NFL has a total agreement to allow EA to keep total rights of NFL football or just the right to use part time. Hopefully that is the case and would allow other game companies to have the chance to make a NFL football game as well. But as of right now I highly doubt it will happen. But far as Madden15 news. Don't expect it to start coming out at least until about the end of March into the first few weeks of April. I believe it was late March last year when it happen. So hopefully it will happen soon.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #21
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
As of right now no one has any idea if EA and the NFL has a total agreement to allow EA to keep total rights of NFL football or just the right to use part time. Hopefully that is the case and would allow other game companies to have the chance to make a NFL football game as well. But as of right now I highly doubt it will happen. But far as Madden15 news. Don't expect it to start coming out at least until about the end of March into the first few weeks of April. I believe it was late March last year when it happen. So hopefully it will happen soon.

I expect another awesome video preview, followed by being completely mum about everything and making another review embargo, followed by a bait and switch where we get the same game with updated rosters. Then I expect everyone to complain right before release about how the game will be awful due to nothing being known, then half of those people will praise how great it is during the honeymoon phase, until reality sets in about a month later where we all discuss this same stuff in the thread to be entitled "Madden 16 News after Super Bowl" or whatever.

Last edited by HingleMcCringleberry; 02-13-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
I expect another awesome video preview, followed by being completely mum about everything and making another review embargo, followed by a bait and switch where we get the same game with updated rosters. Then I expect everyone to complain right before release about how the game will be awful due to nothing being known, then half of those people will praise how great it is during the honeymoon phase, until reality sets in about a month later where we all discuss this same stuff in the thread to be entitled "Madden 16 News after Super Bowl" or whatever.
Wow... you just stated what happens every year!
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes (Hartford Whalers)
NBA- New York Knicks
Old 02-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #23
Rookie

there probably be madden 15 news beginning of march or middle march depends when cover vote begins next month it started march 21st 2011 for madden 12 cover vote. It started march 7th 2012 for madden 13 cover vote. It started March 11th 2013 for madden 25 cover vote.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nice, appears EA couldn't afford the exclusive anymore if this is true.
My bet is that it is exclusive though. There is no way Madden can face any type of competition right now with the shape that it is in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »