Home

Question about player movement

This is a discussion on Question about player movement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Question about player movement

If this question gets answered in the thread I asked it in, no problem, close if need be. Here's the full quote and paragraphs from my interaction.

some people just want to complain. some people cant tell the difference because either they havent played it themselves , or they are just slow.there is a very noticable difference in last gen and next gen. Anyone who says it aint , is either blind, lying or hasnt played it. Lets get this straight..... its a football game, sure alot of things make "look the same" like there are yard line markers, sidelines, football players, refs, crowds, stadiums, etc..... theres only so much you can do there. the gameplay is dif no doubt.as for those graphics. if you cant tell a close up shot of AP is from a replay highlight zoomed in , something is wrong . to expect that detail from the normal madden camera is just ignorant, nothing more. I run an online league with 31 other guys, first thing they all noticed was running is much different, u cant just swrive all over the field to get away from defenders , instead you make a cut u lose some momentum, cant keep that 98 speed while making moves. Its much more realistic. sure it needs alittle work. Still its better than the ps3 version all day. You can actually play zones and it works. the feel is much tighter , etc. there are noticeable differences if you dont have a closed mind. problem is EA has been slack for so long, its pissed so many off, they cant look at it with a truly open mind. it will always look the same to many , why , because it is the same in some ways, its always gonna be a football game, with football players, refs, fields, sidelines, etc. the gameplay is dif and im liking it myself as is my league. everyone it in agrees its better than the ps3. Also ive seen some improvements from m12- m13. and from m13-25.... true before that they kept going downhill, but i feel its slowly but surely going uphill now, which to me is much bettter than the direction it was heading. There is no perfect game out there anywhere , in any form, so people might as well stop acting like madden is the only game with flaws. Paragraph I quoted, info below……..

Good afternoon gents. I have a question for everyone that upgraded already (yea you see the bolded in my quote, I'll get to that afterwards!!)

Question. Did the devs bring back the full range of movement to the defense? The answer to this question actually is going to determine if I grab an Xbox1/Madden 25 today. Actually, the answer to the question will have an IMPACT (not the sole reason) on if I purchase.

When I say full range of movement, could someone boot up the game, pick a CB or better, an ILB, nudge the stick and see if you can actually WALK please?
I've been waiting for the return of the full thumbstick motion since the PS2 days as its VERY crucial to how I play defense.

Now, as for the quote and bolded sentence, I've tried to avoid putting it that way, but its what I'm starting to believe. Here's why. I'm one of, if not thee most critical person when it comes to Madden, at least I WAS from the start of the 360 generation up until around Madden 12 (all critiques run parallel with NCAA also). Being that person, when I see people saying that Madden 25 aint hot, I immediately call bull****. I'll still read those peoples posts, but I will not take them as serious as before.

Thats for the simple fact that, how in the world could we have the exact same opinion of damn near ALL of the Madden titles, but all of a sudden, once the game starts getting better, we're not agreeing that its getting better? Surely, If I"M seeing the improvement, there is absolutely NO WAY that everyone else shouldn't be seeing and admitting it. See where I'm going with this? The complaints just aren't adding up anymore.

Its to the point where it seems that there are people on the forums who are just adamantly AGAINST Madden improving and don't really WANT to see it. Look here man, like I say, I damn near couldn't stomach Madden for seven to eight years straight, but I popped in the 360 version of Madden 25 for the first time a few weeks ago, and I MUST say that the devs did an amazing job. Same with NCAA (even though they need to do away with those horrid cutscenes).

Only thing I'm waiting on, and to reiterate my question to the original poster, is the full range of movement mapped back to the right thumbstick? Can I walk again? If not, its not a HUGE deal, but it would be great to have the precision movement back again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question about player movement

So you're saying that...

The version of Madden you played had "True Step" for more than just two players on the field?

It had WR/DB interaction?

Functioning penalties?

A working wind indicator?

AI that isn't dumb as a brick?

Doesn't have terrible animations?

DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME PLAYER MODEL MAKING UP BOTH TEAM'S SIDELINES?

Doesn't have broken zone coverage?

I could go on and on and on. If you're trying to say that Madden 25 is marginally better than 13, so we should all be happy and agree with you that it's the best thing ever, you're clearly mistaken. How can a company allow decades old legacy issues to remain untouched? That's not progress.

Now I want you to do something for me. Go read EA's press release from when the Ignite Engine was announced. Read the parts mentioning real physics, real human intelligence, living worlds.......now come back and tell us where these features are in Madden 25. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Read the parts mentioning real physics, real human intelligence, living worlds......now come back and tell us where these features are in Madden 25.
Gotta wait 2 extra years breh
Old 02-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
MVP

I guess I kind of derailed my own thread with all of the extra information thrown in. I'm actually just looking for an answer to the initial question gents, not really trying to debate on who likes the game or not. Oh, and I meant LEFT analog stick, I mistakenly type RIGHT analog stick in my post. You all seemed to have zeroed in on the opinion of Madden rather than the actual question I was asking. The basis of the thread is in the very first paragraph and the very last paragraph. The bolded part is actually a quote from another poster in a different thread. Thanks.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 02-22-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I guess I kind of derailed my own thread with all of the extra information thrown in. I'm actually just looking for an answer to the initial question gents, not really trying to debate on who likes the game or not. Oh, and I meant LEFT analog stick, I mistakenly type RIGHT analog stick in my post. You all seemed to have zeroed in on the opinion of Madden rather than the actual question I was asking. The basis of the thread is in the very first paragraph and the very last paragraph. The bolded part is actually a quote from another poster in a different thread. Thanks.
When you BEGIN your post with a long bolded paragraph, that kinda makes it look like the subject of your post, so...yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
When you BEGIN your post with a long bolded paragraph, that kinda makes it look like the subject of your post, so...yeah.
I get that man, thats the reason I even mentioned it in a reply. Still trying to get to the answer of the question though so we can go ahead and close this out.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I get that man, thats the reason I even mentioned it in a reply. Still trying to get to the answer of the question though so we can go ahead and close this out.
Yeah, it just kind of got to me when you wrote like 3 paragraphs just bashing everyone's intelligence that didn't agree with your point of view. But whatever, I've said my peace so I'll move along now.

Last edited by FBall Life; 02-22-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

I feel like the player movement is as silly, robotic, and herky-jerky as always... But that's my opinion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »