Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-on Presentation & Visuals Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-on Presentation & Visuals Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-on Presentation & Visuals Impressions

Quote:
My favorite part of the new presentation is the elimination of celebrations being tied to a cut scene. Celebrations are all dynamic. This adds a sense of realism and makes the game look more fluid. The best example I saw of this was when Alfred Morris scored a touchdown against me. I tackled Morris into the endzone and he rolled over and celebrated by pointing both hands in the air. After celebrating on the ground, he got up off the turf and did his signature “home run” celebration. This all happened without any cut scenes; all of this happened in real time. This new addition helps immersion immensely. Gone are the days when a touchdown is scored on one side of the field and the cut scene shows the player celebrating on the opposite side of the endzone.
This sounds AMAZING
Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Finally got to read this write up, my favorite part being;

"The presentation aspect of Madden NFL 15 immediately reminded me of watching a game on CBS...."

Seems like Tiburon has finally gone away from video game presentation and cut scenes, opting for real time and realistic broadcast presentation. I think this is so important for immersion and will be interested to see some E3 gameplay videos in the coming days, to see for myself.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #19
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Finally got to read this write up, my favorite part being;

"The presentation aspect of Madden NFL 15 immediately reminded me of watching a game on CBS...."

Seems like Tiburon has finally gone away from video game presentation and cut scenes, opting for real time and realistic broadcast presentation. I think this is so important for immersion and will be interested to see some E3 gameplay videos in the coming days, to see for myself.
I'm big on presentation, so I hope this is the case. I'm guarding my optimism though--only because they mention they are adding NFL films cameras or camerawork to presentation. And when I watch an NFL broadcast on CBS, I definitely don't see NFL Film-like camera work.

I feel like they are trying to straddle the fence between broadcast, what-you-see-on-tv and trying to replicate what it's like to be a player on the field. They either want it to look like what you see on your couch, or they want you to FEEL what it feels like to be Peyton Manning on the field. I think that Jeckyl and Hyde duality is a problem, because you don't end up committing yourself to doing one thing absolutely perfectly.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #20
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait to hear about gameplay tomorrow
Old 06-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
As a presentation guy this all sounds great, the one thing I am really hoping for are clips from games around the league. How cool would it be to be playing a game and have a cutaway to a game involving a conference rival or show the winning play from a earlier game.

That may be a lot to ask for but I can hope
NCAA football started this with the break aways from your game to in studio scores without the highlights

So madden could easily start from there and build on it, if they want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #22
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish they would bring back the NFL Films music or give us the option for custom soundtracks.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 AM   #23
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Madden NFL 15: Hands-on Presentation & Visuals Impressions

I wonder if they added something for taking a knee at the end of the game, so your team doesn't walk around like lost cattle after a kneel down until the clock runs out

And malky I agree that they should add the studio updates like NCAA had. Start small with just commentary and score and in years to come add the highlights

One last thing, I believe I saw someone ask about a weekly recap show. I imagine that would've already been announced in presentation information, but in all honesty I could be held until the Franchise information comes out. Just a thought.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 06-10-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 AM   #24
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I wonder if they added something for taking a knee at the end of the game, so your team doesn't walk around like lost cattle after a kneel down until the clock runs out.
I did see a chew clock feature mentioned in one of the TSO impressions. It was the same one that said the kick meter and wind direction had been fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »