Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #105
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman5769
LOL one of the MUT tourny guys found a glitch already and they are working on it..hopefully they will patch more this year as the glitches are being found and we all know there will be some
what was the glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #106
Rookie

William85's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like the outlook on the forums has turned 180 degrees based on one simple stream. I felt like when the guys spoke , you could feel their passion for getting it right. Kudos to Ea for cutting the crap with the sugar coated screens and gussied up trailers. Showing people how these improvements work in real time instead of telling people goes a very long way toward building some credibility. Also, great job of owning your baggage and not dodging any questions or legacy issues. People have had smoke blown up thier rears for too long about Madden improvements so its nice to hear them being honest. Everything changed IMO with this video. Now, keep them coming .
Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #107
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I'm really confused as to why they think DB's are passive aggressive against jump balls when in fact they have been the opposite while WR's were the ones just waiting for the ball to fall into their hands. DB's always had more right to the ball the WR's, but i'm glad they've added a swat mechanic for receivers, FINALLY, so that they can turn into defenders when needed....took them long enough. Still not spending $60 on it cause we should have been had all this and more.
Good, good, let the hate flow through you. Come to the dark side.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #108
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
what was the glitch?
If I recall correctly it was a series of shifts and re-alignments that alllowed for a nano type blitz?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #109
Rookie

juduking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
what was the glitch?

It was a nano that they guy found by hitting a combination of 15 or 16 different defensive adjustments according to Rex
Old 07-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #110
Rookie

Anyone know more about the scaling based on real nfl stats?

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose
Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #111
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by William85
Looks like the outlook on the forums has turned 180 degrees based on one simple stream. I felt like when the guys spoke , you could feel their passion for getting it right. Kudos to Ea for cutting the crap with the sugar coated screens and gussied up trailers. Showing people how these improvements work in real time instead of telling people goes a very long way toward building some credibility. Also, great job of owning your baggage and not dodging any questions or legacy issues. People have had smoke blown up thier rears for too long about Madden improvements so its nice to hear them being honest. Everything changed IMO with this video. Now, keep them coming .
To me it's more of the same of what I've been hearing all along from Cam & Rex. Ive listened to every interview and podcast and Rex always sounds like he did today.I really think it had to be shown for people to start to see it. The things talked about and shown today have been discussed for months between podcasts and The Sim Standard too. Sim really does have a good grasp of the vision for this game. Remember when I mentioned the physics for organic collisions and falls, which was the beginning of gang tackling during E3 that Sim told me about? Rex addressed that today really for the first time, but people actually saw it, it happened more than in the E3 videos. I think I counted 5-6 2-3 man tackles. I
think this is just the tip of the iceberg though honestly. I know others will remain skeptical, but more importantly Rex Cam and this dev team do too😃

I don't know if people will be blown away as I had claimed but I think they will start to see the vision Cam & Rex have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-18-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The last game I put any time in was 12. I gave 13 a try, but had no intentions of buying given some of the options removed. Didn;t even take 25 seriously as I was done with the previous gen and nothing about the "next gen" version stood out.

All that to say this: I am definitely intrigued by 15. I still see a lot I don't like (for the love of God one of these years has to be a blow-out, all-in type of focus on animations), but they seemed to have addressed a lot of core aspects.

Add in the fact that Rex is openly and directly acknowledging flaws BEFORE THEY ARE ADDRESSED (as in, not just "yeah, last year sucked but now..." PR stuff...something I appreciated about Ian when he interacted here) while breaking down both the intention and execution of various adjustments has me actually hopeful for upcoming iterations. For a series that has been so reactive in it's development, I'm happy to see a lot more proactive and focused progression.

I still don't know where I stand on purchasing 15, but I'm definitely impressed with the effort so far and Madden is back on my radar.
This post mirrors how I feel almost exactly. I still saw a few things I really dislike - the QB throwing passes while getting their arm hit, receivers making too many circus catches in traffic, defenders standing flat footed and hunched over.

Some of the things like the block steering is great, but why does it only happen for users? Blocks are steered on every play in real football. Line play is not a win/loss type of thing. You can do your job without ever releasing from a block. They obviously acknowledged it as an important aspect of the game at the line of scrimmage, but why not incorporate it into more than user controlled players. I loved the idea of WRs being able to become the defender. The bluff blitz looked pretty good too. I really liked the DE attacking the proper outside shoulder on the edge. I didn't see enough inaccurate passes (hopefully as a result of difficulty levels). Way too many balls hit someone directly in the hands. I saw a lot more wrap up tackles which looked really good and were a pleasant surprise in the video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »