Home

I can't wait

This is a discussion on I can't wait within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
I can't wait

Based on what I read it seems for those of us who play franchise mode or whatever it's called now, will be treated this year. One of the coolest things I read is the commentary during the season will some what tell a story. In other madden games every game was just a new game. Now there will be more commentary and pregame and halftime shows that tie season events together. Also, FINALLY there will be commentary on the playoff chase. I really hope this includes what needs to happen in my game as well as other games around the league to form the final playoff picture.

Of course there will be an improved halftime show but my hopes are not high for this. Most likely it will just show highlights from the first half with new commentary. What would be great is to show highlights from other games, especially the games that effect the playoff picture.

Speaking from a franchise mode point of view, Madden usually let's me down but these additions sound cool if they are what the seem. I pray every year the draft gets better (a ton could be done to make it better) and I just want more "out of game" excitement. What I mean is have what like Madden 06 or whatever it was have a radio show with a host. Either way I love madden every year and I can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I can't wait

Booing and cheering draft picks was a neat feature. Have fans comment about it on the Twitter timeline. Fan attendance should be dynamic. I also hated seeing half empty stands for all snow games including playoffs.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Based on what I read it seems for those of us who play franchise mode or whatever it's called now, will be treated this year. One of the coolest things I read is the commentary during the season will some what tell a story. In other madden games every game was just a new game. Now there will be more commentary and pregame and halftime shows that tie season events together. Also, FINALLY there will be commentary on the playoff chase. I really hope this includes what needs to happen in my game as well as other games around the league to form the final playoff picture.

Of course there will be an improved halftime show but my hopes are not high for this. Most likely it will just show highlights from the first half with new commentary. What would be great is to show highlights from other games, especially the games that effect the playoff picture.

Speaking from a franchise mode point of view, Madden usually let's me down but these additions sound cool if they are what the seem. I pray every year the draft gets better (a ton could be done to make it better) and I just want more "out of game" excitement. What I mean is have what like Madden 06 or whatever it was have a radio show with a host. Either way I love madden every year and I can't wait.
Where did you read this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
Pro

sabres32's Arena

[quote=jpdavis82;2046421145]Where did you read this?

Go to google. Type in "madden 15 franchise mode" and it will be the first link.

I loved the cheering and booing of draft picks but once the season starts the commentators never talk about your draft picks. Having season story lines is the main thing I want to see. Based on what I read it seems they have made it where it feels like a real life season.

Then I see someone commented on half empty seats during the winter games. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as having full attendance at preseason games. I like to play the preseason because I actually use it for position battles. But when you play a preseason game, it feels no different than your home opener. Also, if you're a team that's 4-8 during the season, have it show in the crowd (especially if you're losing a game by a wide margin). I understand many people stay for the whole game but I just want the game to feel real.

I buy Madden to play franchise or connected career mode as its called now. Storyline are on the top of my list and if my first round pick is playing in his first game then I want SOME attention on him. If I'm on the verge of making the playoffs then I want them to talk about what needs to happen in my game as well as other games in the league.

I could go on and on about ideas for franchise mode because that's the only reason I play Madden. Seems they focus mainly on online play though. I can't get my hopes to high because as much fun as the game is, it's bound to have disappointments.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i dont really think ur onto the correct path here...those r old links. they havent released anything new about franchise mode yet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #6
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
i dont really think ur onto the correct path here...those r old links. they havent released anything new about franchise mode yet...
June 2014 is an old link? http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-presentation
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #7
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

if this is true I will definitly be buying madden 15 I havent bought a madden game since 06 and I think I might try it again this year

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I can't get excited about the game until I see what they have improved in CFM since that is the only mode I play. Yes the news that has come out so far has started to get me a little hyped for Madden 15 but it could all go away once I hear what they did or didn't do with CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »