Home

Love the look so far of this game but what do you guys think about the tackling???

This is a discussion on Love the look so far of this game but what do you guys think about the tackling??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Love the look so far of this game but what do you guys think about the tackling???

I really think this team is heading in the right direction and I am pretty excited to get this game. However, there seems to be a ton of one on one tackles. Do you guys feel that way as well? Actually, I would say it is very rare to see one on one tackles in a real football game. Usually someone is assisting with the tackle or pilling on or something. Just curious if you guys this this takes away any realism to what seems to be a really good looking game.

Thanks,
Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Love the look so far of this game but what do you guys think about the tackling??

I agree

A decent convo on tackling in the game is happening here as well

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mechanic.html

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Love the look so far of this game but what do you guys think about the tackling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I really think this team is heading in the right direction and I am pretty excited to get this game. However, there seems to be a ton of one on one tackles. Do you guys feel that way as well? Actually, I would say it is very rare to see one on one tackles in a real football game. Usually someone is assisting with the tackle or pilling on or something. Just curious if you guys this this takes away any realism to what seems to be a really good looking game.

Thanks,
Blitz
me too.. Defense look like more fun to play in Madden 15. they need overhaul for animations next year is Madden 16
Old 07-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Just about every tackle I see is one person making it. I've been away from Madden since 10 and I would say this does appear to look better when gang tackles happen, but they just don't happen enough.

Also, not to hijack your thread, but are there ever any runs after the catch? I watched the Broncos v Chargers and can't remember seeing one at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm a bit concerned with the tackling. 2 different styles x/a sq/x and a hit stick. While I am no opposed to 2 different tackling buttons X/A are how you switch defenders in the past so I'm a bit worried I'll be diving on the ground instead of switching players. But the same transition was made in madden 05 to 06 with O being thee sprint button on d then then switch X being the sprint so I know I will adjust but I just wasn't planning on having too
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Banned

Tackling still has a long way to go but is the tackling in the latest build of this game is way better than what was shown at E3. Theirs still rarely any gang tackling but at least defenders are not standing around as much while their teammates make a tackle, now the at least dive towards or fall over the ball carrier.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Gang Tackling needs to be improved IMO. One player begins to tackle the ball carrier but then any other Defenders don't actually seem to realistically engage with assisting the tackle. They just run into them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »