Home

Do You Still Need 2 Controllers

This is a discussion on Do You Still Need 2 Controllers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do You Still Need 2 Controllers

I played two franchise games in a row today and it worked both times. Although a pain, I hope this is the workaround and not an error like last year. That being said, I probably just jinxed all of us.

EDIT: Did it a third time and no error, but I've had the computer wear alts on their own twice and twice (not in those games) I've had my choice be overridden by the cpu.

Last edited by cherman24; 09-02-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I've done this every franchise game so far with sucess. Bit more of a pain on the PS4 with having to log in every time I turn a controller on and off, but it gets the job done. Why The Show allows you to do it so much more easily and Madden can't remains a mystery.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #11
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Anyone stumble upon a fix that doesn't require two controllers for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0

From what I have experienced so far:

Offline Franchise you can probably use the second controller as you could before since multiple players can be involved in a franchise game

Online Franchise you cannot use a second controller to change uniforms since you can only control 1 team and cannot have multiple players on the same team.

I have noticed that the cpu will at least select the opposite colors as the human player in online cfm games which is a good thing. For example, if I go on the road with the Lions to Carolina, I can select the lions blue home uniforms and the cpu will select the Panthers road whites. In prior years, it seemed to pull uniform selection based off of uniform name and not color, which would be a problem whenever using/playing as the Cowboys. I am running an online cfm with Dallas right now and the cpu is always in the appropriate color uniform based on what I select for Dallas.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I stumbled on this solution on the PS4. While at the team select screen, I held the PS button and logged off. Then logged on as a guest. I returned to the Madden team select screen as JUST the second controller and was able to scroll between both teams and select the uniforms I wanted for both!

Also, note, I was able to go back to my original login. The uniforms I selected stuck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »