Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #281
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx4Sixx
This is spot on. With the dev team having a shorter cycle this year and then putting 100% of their efforts into the full game, I call it a win. Why waste valuable development time or resources on a demo that gets played massively for a week and then hears crickets for the next year..?

If ya'll are skipping this years Madden based off of no demo, or not being able to play before you buy... then shout at one of your friends, go play the game and make your judgment then, or hell, just hop on twitch or read some reviews. Not buying a game based off no demo or not being able to play before you buy seems a bit harsh to me.
Some of these people (not calling out anyone specifically) are the usual "EA is the Devil" crowd you get this time of year on all sites like this. Take some of these comments with a grain of salt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #282
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Garbage. I will definitely be waiting a couple weeks before pulling the trigger on this. With Destiny coming out a couple weeks later and many other good games on the horizon I don't need to splash $60 on a game that they are afraid to put out as a demo.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #283
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I don't need to splash $60 on a game that they are afraid to put out as a demo.
They're not afraid to put it out as a demo. They even said no demo in order to focus solely on making the FINAL product as good as it can be. They're not wasting time and resources on a trial run this time around. This is a GOOD thing.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #284
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
They're not afraid to put it out as a demo. They even said no demo in order to focus solely on making the FINAL product as good as it can be. They're not wasting time and resources on a trial run this time around. This is a GOOD thing.
That sounds a lot like a PR statement. If they aren't going to do a demo, this is exactly what I would expect them to say.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #285
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
That sounds a lot like a PR statement. If they aren't going to do a demo, this is exactly what I would expect them to say.
Yes, but it's a good thing. Focusing on making a better more polished retail product. WHY does it seem like more and more people here just want to bash EA just because. Damn, just give the game a chance before bashing it. (To me it makes NO sense to every year bash the game BEFORE it releases). yes, they dont have the greatest track record, but still. Makes no sense to put something down before it's given it's chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #286
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
After the quality of games we got on 360/PS3 for eight years I will let the lemmings buy this game at full retail price on launch day without demos or reviews.

For myself, I will wait a few weeks until the game gets the typical patch(es) and roster updates. At which point it will be available for around $40 on Amazon and eBay.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #287
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Some of these people (not calling out anyone specifically) are the usual "EA is the Devil" crowd you get this time of year on all sites like this. Take some of these comments with a grain of salt.
To me, comments like this are totally unnecessary. Looking through many of the comments here on OS I believe most are legitimate. A lot of Liking/Disliking madden comes down to personal preference. I could easily say the same thing about the usual crowd of madden defenders and taking their comments with a grain of salt. But what would that really accomplish?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #288
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
No doubt, we should know it's a PR statement for it takes time, man hours and resources to produce a demo that is a few months old at release time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »