Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Good review score but the reviewer did not mention other glaring flaws in the game. Like the lack of foot-planting and abundance of sliding in this game? The horrid Qb animations and animations overall are bad & many have been in the game almost a decade, the robotic movement due to super compressed animations, a game dominated by pre-determined repeat canned animations where an 180 db can level a 260 lb TE without even being phased. Am I the only one bothered by these flaws in the game? Seems like people have become so use to it that they have learned to just accept it.

Football is a hard game to program for? Soccer and American football have a lot in common including 22 players on the field, yet FIFA is years ahead of Madden in technology. Madden does continually give a good and solid NFL experience most years? Are you serious!? I think most of OS will agree looking back that Madden last gen was a complete waste, with only the last couple of releases being decent. Overall I agree with the score, as Madden shoudnt get above a 7.5 when compared to other games but this game is a lonnnnnng way from being amongst the best in our genre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #42
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3
Good review Chris and I have to believe they will patch the sim issue and progression and regression in the first major patch they release. If not then I will not have my copy long. However, if they do and it holds the same value to me it has with other's who have either played early access or have a disc. This version of Madden could possibly be placed in my Top 5 Maddens of All -Time.

I will only really know once I haver my copy of Madden Tues and get some time with it myself.

But again Chris good review as always , very detailed and to the point.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #43
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
Wow this is pretty harsh review lol. I would score it around 8.5. I agree that the commentary lacks polish (seriously, Nantz says at the end of every game that it is a game we will always remember despite the fact that it was a blowout), but EA has always struggled with commentary in its sports games. I would rather have better gameplay and suspect commentary. Also, I haven't encountered any bugs at the play calling screen, but I do agree that having to navigate from the community play calling screen to regular formations is annoying. Haven't played CF so I can't comment on the stat tracking. Still buying on launch and hopefully these issues will be fixed with a patch.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
All I needed to hear was that every offensive play has a defensive stop to it. I play Madden to play simulated football, I wanna get back to M13 where I can ball hawk with my SS or my weakside LB and make users pay for pre reading their pass reads due to broken AI and jagged defensive user controlling that pull me certain ways with out me controlling the player. Thank you Madden 15, the user Pick Six is back.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #45
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Excellent review. I gotta believe we will get a comprehensive patch to address sim stats which are probably directly affecting QB progression.

I can see if that patch does indeed come through his review would be at least an 8. That and the wonky commentary on stat swipes brought the score down. Plus Chris does not like the new play call menu.

But gameplay wise this game looks like a feast for Madden fans!

Can't wait till Tuesday!
By the same token, for those who only play the game offline in CFM, the review really equates to a 6 or 6.5 at this point, as the mode is broken.

That could change with patching, but that's where the game is now for offline CFM players.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 08-22-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #46
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Smartest man in the room thus far
Couldn't care less... Get that right, then we can talk about smart.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hate the "no stats on free agency screen" part. Hated it last year. Like you said, ratings are fine and all, but I want to see what the actual production was.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #48
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
why did this game get a 7.5 when madden 25 got an 8??? I am quite confused by that because the general consensus seems to be that this game is better from what I have gleaned so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »