Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #881
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I disagree. If you get the right matchup, and right timing with the throw, over the top throws, while rare, are possible. Personally, I find if I have a matchup where my WR is faster (and maybe taller), and Defense is in press coverage on a go route, you just wait for the WR to beat him, then throw a leading lob, and it usually works. I've had multiple game with 500+ yards. (That's also because I'm definitely pass heavy, but still).

I agree. You shouldn't be able to throw bombs whenever you want. It's all about match ups and strategy. Throw short to go deep or run the ball and do play action. I think that overall it plays out nicely during a game. All that goes out the window if you have megaton lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #882
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

IMO the success of over the top throws should be rare, like it has been in [certain] past Madden games, but you should be able to consistenty execute the throw, that I have never had an issue with until now. In Madden 15 I am nervous about even throwing the lob because the placement is odten completely off and leads to it getting picked off. Again, maybe it is something i'm doing, but at least some seem to be having similar issues.

What exactly are you all who are having success pressing to execute these throws?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #883
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

After a while with the game, idk man seems like there's something broken in every aspect of the game. I don't really have huge expectations, I'd like to play a season and have at least average experience have things relatively close to real life, it's like qbs go 19/21 2 ints that are returned for tds, I feel like we have to do all this crap.

Put user slider to 10 then switch it to 15 in a divisional game the put penalty slider to this and game speed to super fast, and the qb will get 69% completions.

If you max out penalty sliders, all you get us 30 facemasks a game and nothing else.

Seems like the game came out, and there's like a million things needed to be done to make it play remotely close to how it should
Old 09-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #884
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
After a while with the game, idk man seems like there's something broken in every aspect of the game. I don't really have huge expectations, I'd like to play a season and have at least average experience have things relatively close to real life, it's like qbs go 19/21 2 ints that are returned for tds, I feel like we have to do all this crap.

Put user slider to 10 then switch it to 15 in a divisional game the put penalty slider to this and game speed to super fast, and the qb will get 69% completions.

If you max out penalty sliders, all you get us 30 facemasks a game and nothing else.

Seems like the game came out, and there's like a million things needed to be done to make it play remotely close to how it should
It's being forced to release it not finished. Blame the nfl. Rushed to make a street date. If developers have their own way I'm sure they would love to release it in like October. 2k is guilty too.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #885
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0

Amen to my fellow Titans fan above!

Here's my thoughts on the game:
I am a hardcore NCAA Football player. You know, one of those guys who complains cause Heisman out-of-the-box isn't hard enough, and plays years and years into his dynasty. After a year or two of national championship level teams, I'll leave and go to a bad program and start the re-building process all over again. One of those guys who plays NCAA from launch in July well into March before finally moving on.

Well now I've been forced to try my hand at Madden. I got an Xbox One at launch and picked up Madden 25. Madden 25 for XB1 was a joke. It was a X360 copy and the gameplay was awful. The robo-QB was unstoppable on All-Madden. No fun. My NCAA dynasty crew (which consists of about 8 people) all got it and started a CFM. Within a month, nobody had Madden 25 any more and we all traded it in towards FIFA or Forza.

When the defense was getting a boost this season, I got excited. "Finally!" I thought. My one gripe about NCAA Football 14 was the lack of defense but the game is still the funnest football game ever created in my opinion (probably realistic cause college teams don't play defense much). Well like most times, EA disappointed on delivery and overhyped the game out of the gate. Defense is improved, for the CPU. On All-Madden, you cannot stop the QB. I played 3 games last night with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, and Minnesota Vikings. I played against the New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs, and Oakland Raiders. In every single one of those games, the opposing QB had 90%+ completion rate. My QB? Anywhere from 52%-69% so pretty realistic. The Saints had 90%+ 3rd down conversions and never punted. The only times I stopped them on 3rd down, they kicked a FG on the next play.

Defense isn't any better for the HUM than it has ever been. Want some more garbage? This stupid suction tackling. You should never dive anymore in this game. There's about a 75% chance you'll miss. Instead, press A repeatedly and if your man is within 3-5 yards of the ball carrier, he will suction over to him instantly and take him down--I'm talking acceleration faster than a Ferrari.

Finally, when your on offense, prepare to throw anywhere from 2-5 INTs per game. Also, the safeties will make incredible plays too. They have eyes in the back of their helmets. Twice last night I threw a pick when the outside WR was running a post route and the slot WR was running a Go route. The FS had to make a decision: outside WR or inside WR. He chose outside. I saw the open man and got the pass off just in time headed to the inside WR on the Go route. The FS, with his back turned away from the ball, immediately switched players and made the pick.

To recap, I enjoyed each one of these games as they were close (except one). Here's some of the stats/scores from the games:

Browns (me) 10 @ Steelers (CPU) 38
Big Ben had 93% completions and threw for 275ish yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
T. Polamalu had 2 "no-look" picks

Browns (me) 17 vs Saints (CPU) 27
Drew Brees was 27/28 for 300+ yards and 3 TDs 0 INTs 1 FUM

Titans (me) 15 @ Chiefs (CPU) 13 -- I really enjoyed this game
No TDs for me but 5 FGs won the game
Alex Smith had 82% completions and about 250-275 yards passing

Vikings (me) 20 vs Raiders (CPU) 24
Derek Carr, a rookie, 100% completions, 100%! 22/22 for 300 yards 2 TDs

I love the close games and the challenge on offense but defense is garbage. Only a few more weeks of this until I'm giving up on it and going back to NCAA on X360.

Thoughts anyone?

Before you tell me to check out sliders, I've used Charter04's and the same thing is happening. Didn't seem to do a darn thing in my opinion. Not picking on Charter--used his sets in NCAA to build my base that our dynasty played 10 seasons with--just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #886
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

All 3 times I tried challenge a play said there is nothing to challenge
Old 09-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #887
Just started!

OVR: 0

I get decent penalties with 98 or 99 except FM which i set to 88. Everything else to 50.
I agree with The titans fan tho, this years game has good graphics , but i hate everything else about it. Might just go back to Madden25. Its impossible to call your own plays in time on defense, the diffrent formations popping up when you move to select them drives me crazy, and the annomations are not better they look like something from 2009.
madden needs competition, plain and simple. They renewed the exclusive liscense tho, and no NCAA, which means this Garbage is all the football we can play this football season...... sad
Old 09-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #888
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man I have no idea what I am doing wrong...I don't mine that long bomb success is low, which is realistic..

but I dont understand why my QB isn't placing the ball ahead of the WR on fly routes. Almost all of them are bring underthrown and intercepted.
You have to use precision passing on the deep stuff. Particularly go routes and posts. Throw to the open spot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »