Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #1025
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Well, I gave it the old college try but have come to the conclusion that Madden 15 does not do enough well to keep me interested for the long haul. Graphics and improved presentation is not enough to keep me invested. I need to feel the passion and excitement that is NFL football, but sadly it is not found here.

I wish Madden could overcome some of their legacy issues (Robo QB, suction/warping tackling, poorly executed CFM, very bad player movement and same old animations...where's the physics man!) as I feel the game is moving in the right direction, but just slow enough to anger many of the long time fans (investors) who should be getting a better product. I feel like I paid $60 for a game that really only works well in "Play Now" mode.

I will probably revert back to Madden 25 for my "Play Now" football fix, and go trade in Madden 15 now for the maximum value and pick up Destiny. That should get me through until NBA 2K comes out for a truly in-depth franchise mode and next-gen sports experience. May consider picking this game up again around Christmas time when it will go on sale for $39.99 or less, but that will depend on the patches they release and if they truly fix some of the major issues that drag down an otherwise good game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #1026
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
Whatever happened to QB signature throwing styles? All QBs throw the same, very stiff and awkward. Yet another regression from this title.

Man, I just can't find a sweet spot with this game. I spend more time trying to accept the shortcomings than marveling (a la The Show). After last night's experience, I was left feeling so bitter and disappointed, my evening was ruined. Time to move on I guess, dang it.

I am wondering the same thing. Why were signature QB styles taken out and will it be patched back in? Its just mind boggling because Madden 15 on last gen systems have QB throwing styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOgbdsuQOQ
Old 09-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #1027
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQVikesFan
I am wondering the same thing. Why were signature QB styles taken out and will it be patched back in? Its just mind boggling because Madden 15 on last gen systems have QB throwing styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOgbdsuQOQ
Its been states several times here, they aren't working due to a bug. Should be fixed in next patch.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1028
Pro

OVR: 4

This game needs more of everything, but when ea adds something, they really want us to know it. I see that crossover/shot celebration every game lol.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #1029
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
This game needs more of everything, but when ea adds something, they really want us to know it. I see that crossover/shot celebration every game lol.
True. That said, I know for a fact that the "crossover/shot celebration" has been in the game since at least M25 last gen. That's one of my main issues...

Not only has the infinity engine not progressed very well from last gen to current gen, while suction, sliding, and morphing and synchronized animations have regressed (within M15) to M12 or M11 levels, but we are seeing so many animations from previous versions of not only Madden, but NCAA. This is a new coat of paint on something we've already played so many times before.

Why do we continue to see the exact same animations in M15 as we did in M12, prior to the implementation of "Real Time Physics" introduced in M13..from the last gen??

Last edited by illiterateoption; 09-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #1030
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I still feel like I'm playing a generic football game with the NFL license. I love the graphics, I'll even give EA a nod in the presentation department. It isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. Definitely doesn't wow me.

I just feel like i'm forcing myself to like this game. Every game I feel like I'm playing the same team no matter who I play. That's what I mean when I say this game has no soul. Graphically, the game grabs you, but once you get into the nuts and bolts of the game, you left feeling unsatisfied.

I don't think anyone in this forum could have said it better!! Cjallure hit it right on the nail..

It feels like you don't fully have control of players, it continues to fail in so many ways.. It just gets very stale way to fast and that's because like the poster said, "it has no SOUL" It plays like every other Madden in the past??!! The game graphically looks great, but what good is that if it plays like crap??! The issues that have been lingering in Madden in the past continue to plaque this football game, and that could be because they continue to use the same game engine?! It's sad because this is the only football game in the market, it's almost like you are forced to like it so that you can get your football fix each year.. They made it look good this year, great marketing. You think for one moment maybe Madden has turned the corner, then you play it and you know they are still in the same position.. Well good thing I bought it for cheap. I would never buy this game at full price, imo it is not worth it..
Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #1031
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Wish they had a season mode like in previous iterations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #1032
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
try tackling with A(X) and u will see it. So many times i was close to breaking a long run to only be sucked into a tackle animation when the other player was clearly out of position to make tackles. ugh
What really sucks is that in every freaking game I play, I give up 1 30+yard play because the conservative tackle does absolutely nothing. The defender will do a stutter step animation and stop. This happened twice on one play before on a drag route for a 56 yard TD. Both defenders were within a yard and had the angle. It's ridiculous when the game establishes that it can be regularly used within about 3 yards...

EDIT: Like this, which just happened to me on 3rd and 9 from their own 8 for 32 yards.

IMG_128497935460175.jpeg
IMG_128503306828583.jpeg
IMG_128513591893282.jpeg

Last edited by allhailben7; 09-17-2014 at 04:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »