Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #1201
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Confidence needs to be drastically overhauled or junked. Whoever came up with the causes and effects of confidence drops knows nothing about football. It's my biggest headache in a 32-user CFM, and it can quickly deal a death blow to to teams which begin the season poorly.

Are made field goals worth nothing? Kicker goes 2/3 with the miss from 46 yards out into a 11 mph win, but gets -4 because he missed a FG.

Kickers get also get -1 for "should have kicked a FG". Team can win 56-0 but kicker still gets -1 because he didn't have a FG in the game.

DB's get -1 for not making a pick. WTF? Look at pick stats in real life. Richard Sherman lead the league with 8. That would give him a minimum of -8 for games with no picks.

Receiver makes 4 catches and scores a TD but loses confidence because he didn't "contribute more", but gets 0 for the TD.

Player makes 8 tackles but loses confidence for not enough tackles.

Teams that have bad seasons will have a roster full of players with their confidence bottomed out and their "confidence overall" being 8-10 lower than their unmodified OVR.

Rookie QB gets -50 for not knowing the playbook of the team that drafted him.

There's no annual reset, so a guy with 0 confidence can sign with a contender and still be at 0.

The depth chart glitch can be used as a corrective measure, but not for WR, o-line excluding LT, DT's and CB's. This cripples development for struggling teams if the choice is made to use game prep to keep WR and CB confidence from nosediving.
Amen. It's clear the people developing this part of the game do not know much about the NFL or sports in general. Don't forget about the fact that when you resign a guy who's contract expires, he loses 25 confidence for "not knowing the playbook". Really? Even though he was just with the team the entire year and you are resigning him? The design methodology and the development practices there are worse than a group of HS kids in their parent's garage. They don't think about basic day one scenarios that break this system. Also, It's great when you don't even attempt a FG in a game, yet your kicker loses 7 points for "missing a FG". Really? How did I miss one when I didn't attempt one? You can't make this stuff up. Laughable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #1202
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
But sounds like the game still has many of the same problems just with better graphics.
Agreed. Last Madden I owned was 12. I decided to pick it up as it was on sale (plus wanted a new gen version) and it just feels like the same game to be honest. There have been tweaks but the old problems are still present with new ones added along the way.

I'm just keeping it for local coop with my mates as that is fun and a good laugh.

I'm not bothering with Franchise cause the gameplay isn't realistic (imho) and I get bored quickly playing against the CPU due to this.

I just want a realistic game of football and once again Madden fails. (imho)
Old 11-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #1203
Rookie

I would be very curious to see a video/documentary on how the madden dev team spends there time between releases as well as how testing and quality control actually goes into the game. We have endless examples of unfinished modes, flawed sim stats etc... Most companies whether they sell video games or cars would never put a product into the market that resembles the quality of madden. I am pulling and rooting for EA to get this right sooner or later so I can once again enjoy the game I have come to love playing. Seriously if it takes you a year to put out the product you have given us then I think you might be in the wrong business. Please just get it right. I so wanna enjoy playing this game for more than one season without the games flaws halting my exp.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #1204
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Confidence needs to be drastically overhauled or junked. Whoever came up with the causes and effects of confidence drops knows nothing about football.
I agree. In general, I think EA tends to over think and over complicate things. They design the logic around a certain set of variables. And if your gameplay experience goes outside EA's expected criteria, then things get wonky.

This may not be a great analogy, but Chess is a pretty simple game. At least from a mechanics/rules standpoint. But the strategy is very complex....and because of that, people have been playing the game for hundreds of years.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #1205
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
I would be very curious to see a video/documentary on how the madden dev team spends there time between releases as well as how testing and quality control actually goes into the game. We have endless examples of unfinished modes, flawed sim stats etc... Most companies whether they sell video games or cars would never put a product into the market that resembles the quality of madden. I am pulling and rooting for EA to get this right sooner or later so I can once again enjoy the game I have come to love playing. Seriously if it takes you a year to put out the product you have given us then I think you might be in the wrong business. Please just get it right. I so wanna enjoy playing this game for more than one season without the games flaws halting my exp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQcKiFy_DM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #1206
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Until ppl literally boycott one year nothing will drastically change. Theyve been allowed to be lazy and sloppy and rewarded for it.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #1207
Banned

OVR: 1

LOL...here I am, after my big statement and I'm itching for my M25. Dang it. Its craziness I tell you!

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that all of these games give us something we'd like to see in our (football) games. Madden 15 offers the latest and updated official rosters, M25 (360) gave us the smoothest gameplay, M25 (XB1) provides the best zoom cam experience, and NCAA14 gives you a sense of controlling a program and building it from the ground up. All while, when I want a more sim experience I turn to 2K's offerings...that in all honesty...now are finally showing their age - especially with the playbooks.

Oh well. I guess this is the sickness until either Madden or someone else offers a complete package (which I was expecting M15 to be this year). Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption

So...I finally re-installed Madden 15 to give it one more shot. Regardless if its Madden 15 or even 25 (which i've had alot of fun with), Madden lacks individuality. It doesn't matter so much with NCAA 14, but when I play Madden I'd like to feel like there's real differences between players and match-ups - I want to play against the other teams weakness and to my strengths.

Madden has always struggled to differentiate players outside of gear and likeness, basically the cosmetic stuff. I like CFM but the Madden presentation, atmosphere, and gameplay experience lacks so much that it doesn't matter what you do in CFM. NCAA14 has more diversity when it comes to gameplay, great atmosphere, and the presentation is miles ahead (of madden's).

I'm giving up. Madden 25 (XB1 & 360) and Madden 15 (XB1) were all traded this evening for Fifa 15 (XB1). Player Sense 2.0, Living Worlds, Infinity/Ignite Engine's "never see the same tackle twice" failed to deliver as advertised. Period.

Time for some quality gaming instead of forcing myself to 'buy-in' to Madden Season. For my football kick, I'll turn to NCAA 14, 2K8, and 2K5 until something (non-madden) is released.

My final advice if you are still considering purchasing Madden..****N FREE!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1208
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I think the biggest problem I'm having is that all of these games give us something we'd like to see in our (football) games.
I completely agree. I have been playing video games for a long time, but I don't ever recall a time will I flip flopped with older versions as much as I have recently. I am still playing M25 and I like some of it's features. But I miss some stuff from '12....so I periodically put that in...only to remember a bunch of things that I didn't like so I go back to M25...rinse and repeat.

Not sure if it is me or the games themselves? But in the past, when a new game came out, there was usually no looking back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »