Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #257
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Oh ya, and where are the penalties lol

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 08-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #258
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I think everything has already been covered, but here's my quick initial impressions:
  • I really wish they had left last year's Zoom cam in. I love how the game looks on Zoom this year, but it's just not a good camera for me play wise. Standard is better, but it's just so far away. I guess I'm going to have to pick either Zoom or Standard and hope I adjust.
  • Gameplay seems really good so far. I played the Browns against the Rams and their D-line flat out dominated me (as they should).
  • I love the matchup stick.
  • I prefer the traditional play-call screen, but I don't hate the new one as much as I thought I would.
  • Interceptions still seem to happen a bit too often.
  • For the first time, I'm trying to play 15-minute quarters. Feels really good so far.
  • The game definitely looks better, more polished than M25.
  • Makes me chuckle a little when I hear a song that's also in MLB 14.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #259
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
I agree, had xbox one ea pass, bought ps4 version, had both systems on at the same time, ps4 is alot brighter, colors seem to pop more(if that makes any sense) not sayin xb1 is bad looking, ps4 jus looks better.........not a fanboy at all, love but systems
Funny you mention that bro. I was at Gamestop today and this guy walks in with his XBONE and 20 games. I ask him "let me guess, you're trading all that in for a PS4" he says "Yup, I made the mistake everyone else did, it was hard to leave everything on the 360 (achievements, friends), but I played Madden on Xbone then went to a friends with a PS4 to play Madden and that was the last straw."

Funny cause I was meeting a friend at gamestop, he was going to buy a Xbone for the same reason this dude did. Needless to say my buddy walked out with a PS4 (last one in stock, they had 15+ Xbones).

Now to finish my impression of Madden 15 (PS4). I love it so far. The playcalling this year is very impressive. I love the whole system and how detailed it is. Menu's are smooth, gameplay is smooth (very noticeable over the Xbone). Presentation is pretty sick too. Couple bugs I've seen is Fantasy Draft is pretty screwed up when it comes to drafting. McCoy, AP, Charles and the top RBs were there still in round 4. Game Prep isn't needed, just a complete waste imo, unless I'm missing something. Should of taken that time to let us edit draft classes instead. Roughing the passer gets called if a lineman BUMPS into him in any way. I still don't understand why the CPU goes for a onside kick when down 31-3 with 2min left.

Overall, it's Madden. It's the ONLY option we have, but it's not bad this year. I enjoy it but hopefully they will give us the option to edit draft classes. Then I'll be a happy camper! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 4

Been playing John Madden football since it was invented...so a grey bush gamer from back in the day for some perspective.

Have about half a dozen games played and watched almost that many with my gang playing today on the PS:4.

So far, for this generation, Xbox360 based Madden 2008 - 2014, it is the best version of this cycle of Madden we have been presented so far. It almost makes me forget about that Madden 2010 game...almost :P

On the plus side, If you are not a die hard, all serious type gamer looking for some fun and getting your football fix in...I'd also add that if all you've really played is the Xbox 360 based Maddens...you are probably going to be a pretty happy to completely stoked with this year's release. Also, the new crew that came in to replace he whom shall not be named deserve credit for continuing to improve the overall Madden experience and push it again in a forward direction. Kudos Cam, et al.

On the downside, another year of an arcade representation of the NFL the more serious/sim gamer has no other choice in playing for a new release. Basic NFL game rules, fundamentals of how the game is played are still missing and the game continues to ask you to use your imagination when it comes to things like the laws of physics and player movements. Legacy issues, some as old as 90's PS & PS:2 Madden versions, still peak out from the shadows here and there.

Because others have mentioned it in their 2 cents, as a Madden player who's been here since it was invented, to me, this is not the best Madden ever nor is it the best video football game ever.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 08-27-2014, 12:59 AM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I've been following madden since it was invented and I'm saying it's the best one yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #262
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Ok, So for last gen I bought Madden and NCAA for the 360 as I felt the controller, player felt more responsive, even when navigating around the menu it was almost instant reaction, where as the PS3 had a lag.

So last year I went out and bought the PS4 at launch with Madden, and also noticed lag. I eventually bought an Xbox one thinking I would by Madden for the Xone, as I always felt it was a smoother game play.

So I went out today and got madden for the Xbox one and was all excited and only to be let down, that the Xbox one version felt laggy on game play and navigating thru the menu screen. Also on normal speed the game felt really slow.

I decided to purchase the electronic download version for the PS4 to compare, and boy was I amazed that not only was navigation thru the menu responsive the game was also responsive like it should be, game play on normal also felt how it should.

So my question is,
is the PS4 version more responsive because the game is running 100% from HDD and not from media like my XBOX one? or is the PS4 version just better regardless of the game being run off from the HDD or media?

Thanks,
ulua

Last edited by ulua; 08-27-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:04 AM   #263
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
Been playing John Madden football since it was invented...so a grey bush gamer from back in the day for some perspective.

Have about half a dozen games played and watched almost that many with my gang playing today on the PS:4.

So far, for this generation, Xbox360 based Madden 2008 - 2014, it is the best version of this cycle of Madden we have been presented so far. It almost makes me forget about that Madden 2010 game...almost :P

On the plus side, If you are not a die hard, all serious type gamer looking for some fun and getting your football fix in...I'd also add that if all you've really played is the Xbox 360 based Maddens...you are probably going to be a pretty happy to completely stoked with this year's release. Also, the new crew that came in to replace he whom shall not be named deserve credit for continuing to improve the overall Madden experience and push it again in a forward direction. Kudos Cam, et al.

On the downside, another year of an arcade representation of the NFL the more serious/sim gamer has no other choice in playing for a new release. Basic NFL game rules, fundamentals of how the game is played are still missing and the game continues to ask you to use your imagination when it comes to things like the laws of physics and player movements. Legacy issues, some as old as 90's PS & PS:2 Madden versions, still peak out from the shadows here and there.

Because others have mentioned it in their 2 cents, as a Madden player who's been here since it was invented, to me, this is not the best Madden ever nor is it the best video football game ever.
Was just about to write my impressions when I read this. This is almost word for word what I was about to write. I'm also an old football gamer who has played all of the games since the Atari 2600 days. So, instead of writing everything out that I was going to write, I'll just plagiarize yours because it is EXACTLY what I would have said. Thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #264
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Played my first game earlier, I was the Ravens against the Bengals. Couple things that stuck out to me:

Punts still rocket straight into the end zone.

Players still will sprint out of bounds after catches on certain routes.

They don't really seem to fight for more yards.

CPU QB completion % was crazy high.

It is fun, but still a lot of the same problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »