Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #513
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I understand some of these gripes are gimmicks to make the game more challenging on Offense and more rewarding on Defense: are the gimmicks killing the immersion?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #514
Rookie

OVR: 0

Let me first say this game can be very good. They desperately needed to improve the CPU AI to give a challenge to decent madden players.

Issue I'm having is you can call a play action with two receivers crossing and the computer can't stop it. I can run it every play up and down the field on all pro or all madden. This is the only unstoppable play I found but I'm sure I'll find more. AI not quite good enough or smart enough to stop a play that's run EVErY SINGLE time !!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #515
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhuff
Let me first say this game can be very good. They desperately needed to improve the CPU AI to give a challenge to decent madden players.

Issue I'm having is you can call a play action with two receivers crossing and the computer can't stop it. I can run it every play up and down the field on all pro or all madden. This is the only unstoppable play I found but I'm sure I'll find more. AI not quite good enough or smart enough to stop a play that's run EVErY SINGLE time !!
Yes I've noticed that as well. It's pretty much unstoppable. CPU defense doesn't seem to adjust

Last edited by zizoux; 08-29-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #516
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Just had the game challenge a play for me, while I was on offense, for no reason what so ever. Of course I lost the challenge and lost a time out. That pissed me off. I also noticed every time I call an audible, the CPU also calls an audible to the perfect counter play that I just audible to. I literally called 3 audibles in a row, the CPU countered it step for step.

And in this current game as well, the CPU just sacked 4 times on screens and I was sacked twice on screens. Cardinals vs Chiefs. And I was amazed how often Jamal Charles was chased down from behind by defensive linemen. That was just ridiculous.

It is like speed and acceleration is not respected in the game. Hell even De'Anthony Thomas was chased down from behind by a defensive lineman. I would also say on punts, a defender makes it to the punter quite often, how ever instead of jumping up to block the kick, they do a dive tackle animation and just slide into the punter's legs.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #517
Banned

OVR: 27

After playing this game for the past week, I can definitively say this is by far and away the best Madden I've ever played. Even better than Madden 2005 in my opinion.

This new dev team is really strong, and it shows in their work. Can't wait to see what these guys pull off in the coming years.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #518
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Gameplay wise the game is better than it's been in a long time but the off the field issues that have popped up since launch are very concerning.

I have switched to all-madden and with both QB sliders at 5 I'm getting good results

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #519
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
It seems the same thing happens every year. The game is proclaimed the "best madden ever" and most are wowed by the texture upgrade, and presentation adjustments. Because the game plays a bit different "Mostly due to ratings adjustments" It gives the illusion the game is somehow "new." Once your mind catches up to the trick after playing 10 or more games you soon discover its the same stuff recycled. Some of us immediately see it and others ignore it and parrot the mantra, "Best Madden Ever"

I am still seeing the same stuff in madden 15 I have seen in every madden the past years. Bad pursuit angles, warping, sliding, missed blocking assignments(worse this year than last), suction blocking/tackling, animations negating user input, bad animations, QB contain don't work or is bugged(I have seen DE's get sucked right back into a block or for some strange reason loop inside, thus loosing "contain"(always the left DE)), pre-play controls are a hot mess(too many button presses to accomplish one task) stank(buggy) play call menu, still can't send more than one man in motion.

I played my first online game last night and it was no different from last year. Guy used the Browns and he could scramble around and wing it into coverage with manziel and make completions. Sometimes my "warp enabled" defenders would make a play but I still sa man times my defenders would just stand there and watch WR's catch balls right in front of them.

The defense has no situation awareness. A QB can be running full speed toward the LOS and they just stand in place making no move toward the QB. Its like they can't react until the QB has actually crossed the LOS. Players 10 or more yards away(even the other side of the field)
are reacting to juke moves, WTF ? There are times when I am running the ball, I try to go left but the cpu seems to take control of my running back and steers him right then does a juke move that gets him stuck on my linemen, WTF ?

There is a WHOLE lot I want to say, but talking about this stuff here ain't gonna bring about any "real change" in this game.
I agree with your post, I think it has been so long since we had a great game of football, even the slightest improvement people think it is the bets madden ever, still a massive ways behind the top sports games and still full of legacy issues. Disappointing. WR still stand there, watch and don;t go for the ball, that alone kills the game for me, add in suction, Screens and Special teams being a mess, no penalties, poor blocking...Nope madden has a LONG way to go.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #520
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Hmmm,

Is there a consensus on the judgment of this experience?

I will pass if this holds up?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
I find that Robo QB can be toned down if you lower QB accuracy. I play with QB accuracy at 1 on All-Madden. I just finished a game as the Raiders against the Vikings with QB accuracy set to 1 for myself and the CPU.

I (Matt Schaub) was 18 - 30 (60%), 238 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 interception (which I got late in the 4th on a boneheaded throw). The CPU (Matt Cassel) was 14 -25 (56%), 199 yards, and 1 TD (No picks).

Again, this was on All-Madden with 15 minute quarters (15 second accelerated clock) with QB accuracy set to 1 for both. With this slider set to 1, it forces me to really set my feet before I throw, and the CPU doesn't get away with just flinging the ball off balance all over the field. Pressuring the CPU into throwing the ball before it's ready actually works, just like in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »