Home

Empty Custom Playbook (ready for download)

This is a discussion on Empty Custom Playbook (ready for download) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Empty Custom Playbook (ready for download)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
Have you noticed plays not showing up in game? I used yours and built a playbook but when I got to shotgun it shows my formation but no plays show up. It says 0/8 plays for that formation. Any ideas?
That's strange and I have no idea why that would happen unless maybe you deleted the only play in the book and then added a formation and that screwed it up somehow. Start over with a new copy of the file and then add another shotgun formation with some plays and then save it and then reload it no delete the other shotgun formation I left in and see what happens.

It's probably best to check it a few time while building your book so you don't run into any issues with it like the one you described.

I just finished building a book with Pitsol, I, Strong I, Weak I, Singleback, Shotgun and it's all there and good. One thing to remember is that the formations will show up in the playcall screen in the order you add them, so if you like to Orginize your book a certain way this is the only way to do it until EA takes custom books to the next level like NCAA did.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's fine when I build the playbook in the creation center. It doesn't show up in game and its the first formation in my shotgun set thats always missing.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
It's fine when I build the playbook in the creation center. It doesn't show up in game and its the first formation in my shotgun set thats always missing.
1. Creation Center doesn't have any thing to do with custome books and you mean the Customize Playbooks area.
2. Download file again, add a shotgun formation and some plays then save
3. Go to Help/Settings, the go to Settings, then game options, then change your offensive book to your custom book
4. Go to practice and test
5. If successful delete the original shotgun formation the book started with and carry on
Old 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
Rookie

So I found the missing plays in my shotgun formation....it looks like it took one set out of my shotgun formation and moved it to hail mary.....any idea how to fix? I didn't remove all shotgun formations previously
Old 08-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
So I found the missing plays in my shotgun formation....it looks like it took one set out of my shotgun formation and moved it to hail mary.....any idea how to fix? I didn't remove all shotgun formations previously
interesting.......I'd just start over if possible and make sure to add your favorite Shotgun formation (the one you want to appear first), then go into practice mode and make sure it's there. If that works then delete the formation I left in the book and your formation should be the first one in the shotgun set. I'd scrap that book and start over basically.

I created a book with it and have 6 different formation sets and it's perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
interesting.......I'd just start over if possible and make sure to add your favorite Shotgun formation (the one you want to appear first), then go into practice mode and make sure it's there. If that works then delete the formation I left in the book and your formation should be the first one in the shotgun set. I'd scrap that book and start over basically.

I created a book with it and have 6 different formation sets and it's perfect.
I figured it out!!! Each playbook has a locked in hail mary play and you have to find what formation in shotgun that hail mary play is. You must keep that formation in your playbook (you can add one play in that set and it will work)
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

Why couldn't I have found this thread yesterday?!?!

At least I know now what some of the variables are that make the playbook screwy. Nice work, DNMH!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #24
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

bumping this bit of awesomeness.

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »