Home

Custom Playbook?

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Custom Playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
That's so frustrating...it took me an hour and a half to build this playbook. I like a mixed playbook and i was hoping someone would have a fix for the missing formation.
Did you look under Hail Mary? Thats where all my shotgun plays are.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
That's so frustrating...it took me an hour and a half to build this playbook. I like a mixed playbook and i was hoping someone would have a fix for the missing formation.
Believe me I hear you, I wasted two hours myself yesterday since I was dumb enough to try and do a defensive playbook as well without testing them. Defense is even worse....

But again, don't give up, just find a decent enough playbook and trim the fat and pick some extra plays. Also don't do it all at once, make a few edits, create an alternate save and then go to practice mode to see if it's screwed up or not.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Did you look under Hail Mary? Thats where all my shotgun plays are.
Two separate issues; I've seen what you are talking about but also I've had the same problem as TC. When I was done editing my playbook yesterday the formation: Shotgun-empty-trips was still under the shotgun tab but had no plays to choose from even though I have several selected in the play book editor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello everybody,

I have a question on the same topic of custom playbooks however my question refers to defensive custom books. I am new to custom playbooks this year. My offensive one went off without a hitch, got all my formations in order and all Shotgun plays were posted under Shotgun instead of Hail Mary (used Saints PB to start and gutted it). I am having no such luck with my defensive playbook. It seems no matter how I try to order the playbook the formations are always in the same order and out of wack. It always goes 4-3, 4-4, Dollar, Quarter, Nickel, Dime. Is there any known way to get these formations in logical order ie, 4-3, 4-4, Nickel, Dime, Dollar, Quarter? When creating via some playbooks quarter is always the top formation and through others it is always in the middle, but never at the bottom where it should be. Any help would be much appreciated and I apologize for the long post!!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #13
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metshog22
Hello everybody,

I have a question on the same topic of custom playbooks however my question refers to defensive custom books. I am new to custom playbooks this year. My offensive one went off without a hitch, got all my formations in order and all Shotgun plays were posted under Shotgun instead of Hail Mary (used Saints PB to start and gutted it). I am having no such luck with my defensive playbook. It seems no matter how I try to order the playbook the formations are always in the same order and out of wack. It always goes 4-3, 4-4, Dollar, Quarter, Nickel, Dime. Is there any known way to get these formations in logical order ie, 4-3, 4-4, Nickel, Dime, Dollar, Quarter? When creating via some playbooks quarter is always the top formation and through others it is always in the middle, but never at the bottom where it should be. Any help would be much appreciated and I apologize for the long post!!
I'm no expert but in my experience it seems to be the quarter formation the screws everything up. I started one from scratch (see here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-download.html) and I it worked fine when I didn't add quarter but as soon as I did the formations get all jumbled again.

I can't stand having them out of order and you need quarter D so defensive playbooks aren't worth it for me; then again I could be wrong about my quarter formation theory...
Old 09-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's pretty frustrating. How hard could it have been for them to make sure the formations we add lined up according to how ALL stock playbooks have them ordered (least amount of DBs to most amount of DBs). If anyone knows a workaround for this I would really appreciate it!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Are these CFM playbook issues? If so, are they online, offline, or both?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »