Home

Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM

Have you guys been successful doing your offline CFM with the fantasy draft? Each year it's kind of interesting which positions/players go first.

What has been your drafting philosophy in your fantasy draft in the game?

I've noticed that QB's go very fast this year. Most are gone in the 1st round. And also HB's don't really get picked until the 4th round which blows my mind.

What have your drafts been like and have you been successful?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Have you guys been successful doing your offline CFM with the fantasy draft? Each year it's kind of interesting which positions/players go first.

What has been your drafting philosophy in your fantasy draft in the game?

I've noticed that QB's go very fast this year. Most are gone in the 1st round. And also HB's don't really get picked until the 4th round which blows my mind.

What have your drafts been like and have you been successful?
Corners fly off the board early, as well as LT's. LG's go much later than the projected round. WR's go about as projected, other than Calvin who slips into the early second round. The SS's usually go a bit later than projected as well. OLB's go fairly quickly, and DT's go later than projected. It's all about knowing when the players you want will go, and capitalizing on positions that go later than projected. IMO, if you can't get a young top QB early (Luck, Newton, Wilson, Rodgers, etc.) go for either JJ Watt or a top CB, as CB's are difficult to come by. You can put together a good OL in the middle rounds around 10-15, I suggest Matt Kalil, Mike Iupati or Greg Robinson, Stefan Wisniewski, forget who at RG, but plenty are available, and a RT such as Jake Matthews, DJ Fluker, or Taylor Lewan. All these guys are relatively young and over 80 in most schemes.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Red face Re: Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Corners fly off the board early, as well as LT's. LG's go much later than the projected round. WR's go about as projected, other than Calvin who slips into the early second round. The SS's usually go a bit later than projected as well. OLB's go fairly quickly, and DT's go later than projected. It's all about knowing when the players you want will go, and capitalizing on positions that go later than projected. IMO, if you can't get a young top QB early (Luck, Newton, Wilson, Rodgers, etc.) go for either JJ Watt or a top CB, as CB's are difficult to come by. You can put together a good OL in the middle rounds around 10-15, I suggest Matt Kalil, Mike Iupati or Greg Robinson, Stefan Wisniewski, forget who at RG, but plenty are available, and a RT such as Jake Matthews, DJ Fluker, or Taylor Lewan. All these guys are relatively young and over 80 in most schemes.

Yea I had the thought of going with a weaker or rookie QB and just get a top CB, a very good MLB, and a good WR to start off but the problem is with weaker QB's, it really hurts this year.

I remember last year I did amazing with Ryan Mallet and got him really late. This year you can get him late again, but he's absolutely terrible lol. Throws alot of picks and is pretty inaccurate.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

TDiddy8701's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fantasy Draft philosophy in offline CFM

I went Calvin Johnson at the end of the 1st, but kind of regretting it, since there are soooo many good young WRs you can get later. I probably should have gone CB there.

Other than that I drafted a pretty good team... I have McCoy at RB, Johnny Football at QB who you can build up quick (have to draft him early... think he went in the 3rd round), Honey Badger at FS, Rashad Jones at SS, 4 of my 5 OL are +85, Julias Thomas at TE
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
Soccer - USA, Rangers

http://twitter.com/Doug_Ley

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »